What is causing my Crash?
Hi,

I am running a Super Micro 24 bay rack server with an NVIDA Quadro 5800 (with the SDI card for tv work). I get a repeated crash where the system just instantly wipes out, no warning no way back. The system may work fine one day, and then repeatedly crash the next. Or work fine for some hours then the crashes come again. After the crash the computer keeps running, but the graphic card output both to my computer monitor and to the SDI are dead, usually a green or blue or red ( can be any color ) screen. Nothing is reported in the Windows error logs.
The card is apparently running at about 70 degrees so I do not think over heating is the problem.
I wonder if anyone could help with a diagnosis, - is it heat, power, driver conflict - Or is the card on its last legs? What does the nature of the instant wipeout no way back crash Indicate to you?

Many Thanks

Treev
Hi,

I am running a Super Micro 24 bay rack server with an NVIDA Quadro 5800 (with the SDI card for tv work). I get a repeated crash where the system just instantly wipes out, no warning no way back. The system may work fine one day, and then repeatedly crash the next. Or work fine for some hours then the crashes come again. After the crash the computer keeps running, but the graphic card output both to my computer monitor and to the SDI are dead, usually a green or blue or red ( can be any color ) screen. Nothing is reported in the Windows error logs.

The card is apparently running at about 70 degrees so I do not think over heating is the problem.

I wonder if anyone could help with a diagnosis, - is it heat, power, driver conflict - Or is the card on its last legs? What does the nature of the instant wipeout no way back crash Indicate to you?

Many Thanks

Treev

Posted 04/27/2012 03:39 PM   
it certainly does sound like a power issue although 70 is a little over what you would expect from normal use so do check all fans and other cooling is working correctly,would'nt hurt to clean the card and system for any dust and make sure all fans are working,if you have access to another power supply i would try that,do you know what power supply you have? More wattage is always an added bonus.
it certainly does sound like a power issue although 70 is a little over what you would expect from normal use so do check all fans and other cooling is working correctly,would'nt hurt to clean the card and system for any dust and make sure all fans are working,if you have access to another power supply i would try that,do you know what power supply you have? More wattage is always an added bonus.

To Life Immortal !!!

Posted 04/27/2012 04:23 PM   
Scroll To Top