Gothic 3 3D VISION compatibility question
Someone on the helix mod site said issues were fixed. Here
Gothic 3 Community Patch v1.75
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_478.htm
http://www.cdprojekt.pl/files/get/877/patch

Just want to make sure so before I remove the old fix.
Someone on the helix mod site said issues were fixed. Here

Gothic 3 Community Patch v1.75

http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_478.htm

http://www.cdprojekt.pl/files/get/877/patch

Just want to make sure so before I remove the old fix.
sky is fixed, really?
sky is fixed, really?

All hail Helix, 3d god among us! You can find him at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/
You can visit my virtual reality and 3d blog site at http://www.entraeneljuego.com for the latest news and reviews (in spanish)

Posted 04/28/2012 10:31 PM   
*shrug* just the messenger.
*shrug* just the messenger.
Yes, the sky is fixed and I didn't notice the issue around fires. There are black bars at the edge of the screen now that look like you see in some of the shader fixes we are using here and may be part of the fix.

The biggest remaining issue are the 2D nameplates but the game always was quite good in 3D before.
Yes, the sky is fixed and I didn't notice the issue around fires. There are black bars at the edge of the screen now that look like you see in some of the shader fixes we are using here and may be part of the fix.

The biggest remaining issue are the 2D nameplates but the game always was quite good in 3D before.

Posted 04/29/2012 10:59 AM   
Nameplates can be pushed in but this ussually means all text has to be pushed in / hud.
Nameplates can be pushed in but this ussually means all text has to be pushed in / hud.
[quote name='eqzitara' date='29 April 2012 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1335712596' post='1402296']
[/quote]

I tried two versions of the debug .dll and it only found just under 200 vertex shaders and under 100 pixel shaders. I am not sure if it didn't find them all or if that is all the game is using. I didn't see the HUD with any of those but I can try again tomorrow when I get home from work.
[quote name='eqzitara' date='29 April 2012 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1335712596' post='1402296']

I tried two versions of the debug .dll and it only found just under 200 vertex shaders and under 100 pixel shaders. I am not sure if it didn't find them all or if that is all the game is using. I didn't see the HUD with any of those but I can try again tomorrow when I get home from work.

Posted 04/29/2012 04:09 PM   
some1 said in the gothic 3 page that hud/text are not shaders.
some1 said in the gothic 3 page that hud/text are not shaders.
Just downloaded the patch and might finally give ole G3 a full playthrough. Does the game require some sort of fix now, or is the fix included in the patch? I'm confused..... my question is basically "Do I need a helix fix or not?"
Just downloaded the patch and might finally give ole G3 a full playthrough. Does the game require some sort of fix now, or is the fix included in the patch? I'm confused..... my question is basically "Do I need a helix fix or not?"

|CPU: i7-2700k @ 4.5Ghz
|Cooler: Zalman 9900 Max
|MB: MSI Military Class II Z68 GD-80
|RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR3
|SSDs: Seagate 600 240GB; Crucial M4 128GB
|HDDs: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Seagate Barracuda 500GB
|PS: OCZ ZX Series 1250watt
|Case: Antec 1200 V3
|Monitors: Asus 3D VG278HE; Asus 3D VG236H; Samsung 3D 51" Plasma;
|GPU:EVGA 690GTX
|OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted 04/30/2012 01:20 PM   
You should be good with just the 1.75 community patch. Since there is apparently no shader for the HUD/nameplates you will have to live with them being rendered in 2D. The game already rendered shadows correctly and the biggest remaining flaw in the game was the sky that is fixed with the new patch.
You should be good with just the 1.75 community patch. Since there is apparently no shader for the HUD/nameplates you will have to live with them being rendered in 2D. The game already rendered shadows correctly and the biggest remaining flaw in the game was the sky that is fixed with the new patch.

Posted 04/30/2012 01:26 PM   
I can't believe I will be able to play this game in near perfect 3d, it's amazing what the community support has done for this game.
I can't believe I will be able to play this game in near perfect 3d, it's amazing what the community support has done for this game.

All hail Helix, 3d god among us! You can find him at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/
You can visit my virtual reality and 3d blog site at http://www.entraeneljuego.com for the latest news and reviews (in spanish)

Posted 04/30/2012 09:58 PM   
[quote name='birthright' date='30 April 2012 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1335823093' post='1402770']
[/quote]

I agree, it's amazing how much time has been spent improving this game and it's well worth a play if you can put the hours in. It still looks good but I remember how much of a dog it was when it first came out! I didn't even consider buying it for a couple of years because the framerate was terrible on the hardware I had at the time.
[quote name='birthright' date='30 April 2012 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1335823093' post='1402770']

I agree, it's amazing how much time has been spent improving this game and it's well worth a play if you can put the hours in. It still looks good but I remember how much of a dog it was when it first came out! I didn't even consider buying it for a couple of years because the framerate was terrible on the hardware I had at the time.

GTX 690, I5-2500k ~ 4Ghz, 3x BenQ XL2420T, Asus VG236H, Viewsonic PJD 6531W, Samsung LE46 C750, Samsung 830 SSD, Crucial M4 SSD, 3D vision kit, Xpand x104 glasses, XFX 850W PSU, Win 7 64

Posted 05/01/2012 07:41 AM   
You would be hard pressed to find a bigger Gothic 1 & 2 fan than me, so when G3 came out I spent big bucks on an overseas collector's edition AND I had decent hardware at the time.... Game was so buggy and choppy it was near unplayable. Then the publisher and developer got into a spat and subsequently the game was never finished the way it should have been. I've been so disgusted I've never gone back - and never played another game by them... maybe it's time to finally finish it.
You would be hard pressed to find a bigger Gothic 1 & 2 fan than me, so when G3 came out I spent big bucks on an overseas collector's edition AND I had decent hardware at the time.... Game was so buggy and choppy it was near unplayable. Then the publisher and developer got into a spat and subsequently the game was never finished the way it should have been. I've been so disgusted I've never gone back - and never played another game by them... maybe it's time to finally finish it.

Posted 05/02/2012 12:47 PM   
The community patch does wonders for the game and the shader cache pretty much gets rid of the annoying stuttering issues the game had at launch. If you are a RPG fan it is definitely worth checking out. Without spoiling too much, there are three main areas in the game and I suggest playing through Myrtana first, then the desert area of Varant, and finish with Nordmar in the north.
The community patch does wonders for the game and the shader cache pretty much gets rid of the annoying stuttering issues the game had at launch. If you are a RPG fan it is definitely worth checking out. Without spoiling too much, there are three main areas in the game and I suggest playing through Myrtana first, then the desert area of Varant, and finish with Nordmar in the north.

Posted 05/02/2012 12:52 PM   
Thanks for the advice. When was G3 released? 2006 wasn't it? I am wondering, are my eyes gonna melt from the dated graphics, or does it look okay? I'm afraid it's gonna be a visual rude awakening going from TW2 back to G3. I've been playing through Mass Effect for the first time, which is a 2007 game and even it was a shock when first playing it.
Thanks for the advice. When was G3 released? 2006 wasn't it? I am wondering, are my eyes gonna melt from the dated graphics, or does it look okay? I'm afraid it's gonna be a visual rude awakening going from TW2 back to G3. I've been playing through Mass Effect for the first time, which is a 2007 game and even it was a shock when first playing it.

Posted 05/02/2012 05:08 PM