296.10 Dual monitor and surround broken gtx 465 sli Dual Monitors not working right or 2d surround
Ok before i go any further let me put out my specs.

MSI P55GD65
Core i5 750 1156 @3.6 turbo boosted
8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17066)
two MSI GTX465'S IN SLI
3 26" lg monitors hooked up DVI
128GB PNY SSD
850 watt 80 plus black widow power supply.

ok so since i built this rig about two years ago its been working fine no problems ever.

Now last night i go to hook up a 3rd matching monitor and the computer wont noticed the monitor.... so first thing i do is reboot....
after the reboot now it only sees the 1st monitor on board 1 then only the 1st monitor on board 2. All night i moved my cards i disconnected reconnected at some point it noticed both monitors on card 2 then only 1 on card 1 slot 1...

so i thought my top graphics card had a bad port all of a sudden even though it was totally working fine for the last 2 years until i hooked up a monitor and rebooted. Then after swapping the graphics cards its do the same thing the card 1 will not work dual monitors....... I was using dual monitors on the last update.

I had it working SLI with surround using 1 monitor on card 1 slot 1 and then 2 on card 2 but it would freeze and lock up my machine after about 1 to 5 minutes depending on the game.

So i took my computer to my shop (my computer shop) tore the whole machine down rebuilt it checked my voltages my cords my slots ALL ARE WORKING FINE. 1 year ago i was using 3d surround on this machine and it worked flawlessly now i cant get it to do **** and the ONLY NEW THING IS DRIVERS 296.10 i even did clean installs and went as far back as drivers that nvidia had which was like 285 or something.

Someone please help me either there's a setting im not seeing or something is wrong with these new driver im really upset because i pride my self on only using nice equipment and maintaining my machine.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING EVEN cleaning my cards taring them down to remove all dust or blocks and nothing has changed if i hit detect monitors now it only sees port 1 on both my cards no more port 2 on either and i even tried swapping monitors and cords all monitors work if by the selfs or on ports 1 on both cards but not all 3 and it wont detect port 2 on either cards.

I am also a NVIDIA partner and this is scaring me right now because im seeing people even saying that there cards are showing purples images since updates i even tried the newest beta SOMETHING IS F'd up and needs to be checked with drivers if you ask me because i have spent over 30 hours now trying to fix this and all i have now is less then i started with for hooking up a third monitor.
Ok before i go any further let me put out my specs.

MSI P55GD65

Core i5 750 1156 @3.6 turbo boosted

8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17066)

two MSI GTX465'S IN SLI

3 26" lg monitors hooked up DVI

128GB PNY SSD

850 watt 80 plus black widow power supply.

ok so since i built this rig about two years ago its been working fine no problems ever.

Now last night i go to hook up a 3rd matching monitor and the computer wont noticed the monitor.... so first thing i do is reboot....

after the reboot now it only sees the 1st monitor on board 1 then only the 1st monitor on board 2. All night i moved my cards i disconnected reconnected at some point it noticed both monitors on card 2 then only 1 on card 1 slot 1...

so i thought my top graphics card had a bad port all of a sudden even though it was totally working fine for the last 2 years until i hooked up a monitor and rebooted. Then after swapping the graphics cards its do the same thing the card 1 will not work dual monitors....... I was using dual monitors on the last update.

I had it working SLI with surround using 1 monitor on card 1 slot 1 and then 2 on card 2 but it would freeze and lock up my machine after about 1 to 5 minutes depending on the game.

So i took my computer to my shop (my computer shop) tore the whole machine down rebuilt it checked my voltages my cords my slots ALL ARE WORKING FINE. 1 year ago i was using 3d surround on this machine and it worked flawlessly now i cant get it to do **** and the ONLY NEW THING IS DRIVERS 296.10 i even did clean installs and went as far back as drivers that nvidia had which was like 285 or something.

Someone please help me either there's a setting im not seeing or something is wrong with these new driver im really upset because i pride my self on only using nice equipment and maintaining my machine.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING EVEN cleaning my cards taring them down to remove all dust or blocks and nothing has changed if i hit detect monitors now it only sees port 1 on both my cards no more port 2 on either and i even tried swapping monitors and cords all monitors work if by the selfs or on ports 1 on both cards but not all 3 and it wont detect port 2 on either cards.

I am also a NVIDIA partner and this is scaring me right now because im seeing people even saying that there cards are showing purples images since updates i even tried the newest beta SOMETHING IS F'd up and needs to be checked with drivers if you ask me because i have spent over 30 hours now trying to fix this and all i have now is less then i started with for hooking up a third monitor.
Attachments

P4260101.JPG

Posted 04/26/2012 08:01 AM   
Any one from NVIDIA gonna look at this or say anything ???
Any one from NVIDIA gonna look at this or say anything ???

Posted 04/27/2012 11:50 PM   
I love how there doing there big lan thing INSTEAD OF FIXING THE F UP
I love how there doing there big lan thing INSTEAD OF FIXING THE F UP

Posted 05/01/2012 07:31 AM   
Well what has fixed my issue to allow me to run 3 monitors with out a issue in 3d surround was to do a clean install back to 275.33 works perfectly fine to bad these drivers or obsolete but as soon as i reverted back to these drivers ALL my monitors showed up and in about 1 minute i was already up and playing microsoft Flight in 2d surround for over 20 minutes no freezing even played bf3 untill i pushed the settings up to high .
Well what has fixed my issue to allow me to run 3 monitors with out a issue in 3d surround was to do a clean install back to 275.33 works perfectly fine to bad these drivers or obsolete but as soon as i reverted back to these drivers ALL my monitors showed up and in about 1 minute i was already up and playing microsoft Flight in 2d surround for over 20 minutes no freezing even played bf3 untill i pushed the settings up to high .

Posted 05/01/2012 07:59 AM   
Scroll To Top