GeForce 410M doesn't display online videos correctly When I watch videos online they do not disp
Hey Guys,

I brought a brand new E-series Sony Vaio laptop this past September and purchased the better video card (since I play Sims3 and do web design).

It's a GeForce 410M to be exact.

All the drivers are up to date, but the problem is that when I watch videos online (youtube, etc.) the videos turn black and white except for a circle in the center that shows color..and there is a green bar across the top of the video that takes up about 1/6 of the screen..

sometimes it crashes completely, the video turns black and i get a pop up on my tool bar that says nVidia card has crashed...then the screen turns really bright.. before I updated the drivers the last time, if i watched online videos while the laptop was unplugged the computer used to black out, completely lock up and make a grinding/highpitched noised until i manually restarted it. that has since stopped after I download the recent drivers but the aforementioned is still occuring.

my question is why is this happening? I've looked all over forums for anyone else experiencing this problem, but so far no luck. Like I said all the drivers are up to date and for the right version of Windows. Windows is all the way updated. I do not have any virus or anything weird on my computer. The graphics work/look flawless for everything else except online videos (mainly youtube)

any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Hey Guys,

I brought a brand new E-series Sony Vaio laptop this past September and purchased the better video card (since I play Sims3 and do web design).

All the drivers are up to date, but the problem is that when I watch videos online (youtube, etc.) the videos turn black and white except for a circle in the center that shows color..and there is a green bar across the top of the video that takes up about 1/6 of the screen..

sometimes it crashes completely, the video turns black and i get a pop up on my tool bar that says nVidia card has crashed...then the screen turns really bright.. before I updated the drivers the last time, if i watched online videos while the laptop was unplugged the computer used to black out, completely lock up and make a grinding/highpitched noised until i manually restarted it. that has since stopped after I download the recent drivers but the aforementioned is still occuring.

my question is why is this happening? I've looked all over forums for anyone else experiencing this problem, but so far no luck. Like I said all the drivers are up to date and for the right version of Windows. Windows is all the way updated. I do not have any virus or anything weird on my computer. The graphics work/look flawless for everything else except online videos (mainly youtube)

any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted 04/26/2012 12:59 AM   
[quote name='StephanieKay' date='25 April 2012 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1335401998' post='1401055']
Hey Guys,

All the drivers are up to date, but the problem is that when I watch videos online (youtube, etc.) the videos turn black and white except for a circle in the center that shows color..and there is a green bar across the top of the video that takes up about 1/6 of the screen..(PRINT SCREEN PIC ATTACHED BELOW)

any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
[/quote]
[quote name='StephanieKay' date='25 April 2012 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1335401998' post='1401055']

Hey Guys,

All the drivers are up to date, but the problem is that when I watch videos online (youtube, etc.) the videos turn black and white except for a circle in the center that shows color..and there is a green bar across the top of the video that takes up about 1/6 of the screen..(PRINT SCREEN PIC ATTACHED BELOW)

any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

nVidiaError.jpg

Posted 04/26/2012 01:05 AM   
Hello there,
I had a similar problem with my laptop same make and model etc but it didnt crash but i got rid of the green bar by right clicking on the video going to setting and then enabling or dis-enabling the hardware acceleration box refresh the page and then try again and hopefully this will solve your problem too
Hello there,

I had a similar problem with my laptop same make and model etc but it didnt crash but i got rid of the green bar by right clicking on the video going to setting and then enabling or dis-enabling the hardware acceleration box refresh the page and then try again and hopefully this will solve your problem too

Posted 05/08/2012 10:12 AM   
I bought the laptop 3 days back, and just noticed i have the same problem to, displaying green bar at top of youtube videos
as well as the colors arn't showing properly i think i need to do some settings.
I bought the laptop 3 days back, and just noticed i have the same problem to, displaying green bar at top of youtube videos

as well as the colors arn't showing properly i think i need to do some settings.

Posted 05/09/2012 07:42 AM   
Scroll To Top