550 TI Extremly low FPS
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to have posted this but i am new and only joined just now.

I have a GTX 550 TI graphics card that before today worked perfectly with no issue. But recently my house had a sudden blackout while i was watching a movie, as soon as the power came back up i immediately started checking if the computer was alright, everything seemed alright and the anti surge board hadn't tripped to protect my computer so i just assumed everything was alright. The next day i tried to play bio shock and noticed that the FPS was really bad so i closed it and attempted to play League Of Legends and again that was getting low FPS at around 4 -10 Fps, so i lowered the graphics to minimum and again still i got low Fps at around 10 - 20 FPS. I have noticed it can watch movies perfectly with no problem on my 1920*1080 screen (thats also the resolution i play my games on) and they are HD quality movies.

I bought my graphics card last year at around August so i don't think it's just getting old and the only issues i have ever had with this card was with battlefield 3 and it crashing. I doubt there is anything i can do to fix it but i just want to confirm that before i go off and spend money on a new one, and if there is any warranty i should know about.

Just in case here is the rest of my computers spec's

AMD Phenom(tm) X4 840 3.20GHz
8Gb RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Service Pack 1
ASUS GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Also i am not sure if this is important but i bought all the parts from a internet store called Umart and built it myself.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to have posted this but i am new and only joined just now.

I have a GTX 550 TI graphics card that before today worked perfectly with no issue. But recently my house had a sudden blackout while i was watching a movie, as soon as the power came back up i immediately started checking if the computer was alright, everything seemed alright and the anti surge board hadn't tripped to protect my computer so i just assumed everything was alright. The next day i tried to play bio shock and noticed that the FPS was really bad so i closed it and attempted to play League Of Legends and again that was getting low FPS at around 4 -10 Fps, so i lowered the graphics to minimum and again still i got low Fps at around 10 - 20 FPS. I have noticed it can watch movies perfectly with no problem on my 1920*1080 screen (thats also the resolution i play my games on) and they are HD quality movies.

I bought my graphics card last year at around August so i don't think it's just getting old and the only issues i have ever had with this card was with battlefield 3 and it crashing. I doubt there is anything i can do to fix it but i just want to confirm that before i go off and spend money on a new one, and if there is any warranty i should know about.

Just in case here is the rest of my computers spec's

AMD Phenom(tm) X4 840 3.20GHz

8Gb RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Service Pack 1

ASUS GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Also i am not sure if this is important but i bought all the parts from a internet store called Umart and built it myself.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Posted 04/25/2012 01:22 PM   
Turn the PC off and unplug it for 5 minutes, try again.

Posted 04/25/2012 02:07 PM   
[quote name='xorbe' date='26 April 2012 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1335362855' post='1400827']
[/quote]

I didn't think this would work at first cause i had already tried turning it off for a few minutes and turning it back on but unplugging it seemed to have done the trick.
Thank you so much, you just saved me a lot of money and time. :D
[quote name='xorbe' date='26 April 2012 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1335362855' post='1400827']

I didn't think this would work at first cause i had already tried turning it off for a few minutes and turning it back on but unplugging it seemed to have done the trick.

Thank you so much, you just saved me a lot of money and time. :D

Posted 04/26/2012 04:54 AM   
I bet you have the 301.24 drier, that's the cause, not the power surge. I have the exact same issue with my 560 Ti, and sometimes the restart doesn't do the trick, so next time it'll happen don't worry, just change the driver.
I bet you have the 301.24 drier, that's the cause, not the power surge. I have the exact same issue with my 560 Ti, and sometimes the restart doesn't do the trick, so next time it'll happen don't worry, just change the driver.

Posted 05/02/2012 06:43 PM   
[quote name='Skyle' date='03 May 2012 - 04:43 AM' timestamp='1335984215' post='1403522']
[/quote]
Ahh yer i do have that driver, I shall try that the next time i have that problem again.

Thanks for that.
[quote name='Skyle' date='03 May 2012 - 04:43 AM' timestamp='1335984215' post='1403522']

Ahh yer i do have that driver, I shall try that the next time i have that problem again.

Thanks for that.

Posted 05/03/2012 05:28 AM   
In some cases my Pinball cabinet with an NVIDIA 550 TI card was slowing down until almost 0 FPS. Solution is now to use an older driver 270.61. Now I do miss the benifits of the newer driver.
550TI does not seem to have the ability to change powermanagement to max performance. That has been reported to be a solution for a lot of issues for a the 560.
Seems like NVIDIA isn't doing a great job with their drivers or maybe only testing with newer games.
In some cases my Pinball cabinet with an NVIDIA 550 TI card was slowing down until almost 0 FPS. Solution is now to use an older driver 270.61. Now I do miss the benifits of the newer driver.

550TI does not seem to have the ability to change powermanagement to max performance. That has been reported to be a solution for a lot of issues for a the 560.

Seems like NVIDIA isn't doing a great job with their drivers or maybe only testing with newer games.

Posted 05/05/2012 02:38 PM   
Scroll To Top