nVidia GeForce 9800 GT Issues GPU and Other Problems
Hello,
Recently I have been having some odd issues pertaining to my computer. When I was playing AC 3: Revelations, my computer would freeze, resulting in me having to manually restart the computer and try again. After my computer freezing for the 4th time in the same spot, my computer rebooted and put my resolution at 800x600, while displaying choppy/low graphics, while also displaying a "widescreen effect" (see attached). Instantly assuming it must be a driver issue, I uninstalled my current video card driver and re-installed it, this failed to restore my screen/graphics to it's original state. I then assumed that the new driver may have issues in general so I uninstalled the driver (with all the other Nvidia programs) and installed the 295.73 version, which again failed. When I went into the Nvidia control panel I receive this error: "NVIDIA Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU." In Device manager, it shows that my video card is present just has a "!" right before it's name though.

I know my video card cannot be fried, because I can still watch any video I want from you tube without distortion, go to any website and scroll down without any "stickiness", and watch any DVD without any video/sound distortion. Is anyone else having this issue and what can I do to bring my computer back to it's original greatness?

My specs are:
Windows 7 Home
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor 2.51 GHz
RAM 4 GB
64-bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Thank you for your time and effort!

Attached is what my screen looks like...
Hello,

Recently I have been having some odd issues pertaining to my computer. When I was playing AC 3: Revelations, my computer would freeze, resulting in me having to manually restart the computer and try again. After my computer freezing for the 4th time in the same spot, my computer rebooted and put my resolution at 800x600, while displaying choppy/low graphics, while also displaying a "widescreen effect" (see attached). Instantly assuming it must be a driver issue, I uninstalled my current video card driver and re-installed it, this failed to restore my screen/graphics to it's original state. I then assumed that the new driver may have issues in general so I uninstalled the driver (with all the other Nvidia programs) and installed the 295.73 version, which again failed. When I went into the Nvidia control panel I receive this error: "NVIDIA Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU." In Device manager, it shows that my video card is present just has a "!" right before it's name though.

I know my video card cannot be fried, because I can still watch any video I want from you tube without distortion, go to any website and scroll down without any "stickiness", and watch any DVD without any video/sound distortion. Is anyone else having this issue and what can I do to bring my computer back to it's original greatness?

My specs are:

Windows 7 Home

RAM 4 GB

64-bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Attachments

100_0392.JPG

Posted 04/25/2012 11:43 AM   
[quote name='DaveDex77' date='25 April 2012 - 06:43 AM' timestamp='1335354225' post='1400782']
Hello,

My specs are:
Windows 7 Home
RAM 4 GB
64-bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

[/quote]

really?? No one has a suggestion at all? I do not believe my card is fried, but there must be some underlying problem. Someone please help!
[quote name='DaveDex77' date='25 April 2012 - 06:43 AM' timestamp='1335354225' post='1400782']

Hello,

My specs are:

Windows 7 Home

RAM 4 GB

64-bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

really?? No one has a suggestion at all? I do not believe my card is fried, but there must be some underlying problem. Someone please help!

Posted 04/27/2012 05:01 AM   
G'day, exact same problem here. I was running the 9800GT whilst playing Guild Wars 2 in a BETA. Crashed a few times in the quest I'm up to thought it was the game, but after one crash the exact same thing happened. The message about "how the card wasn't in a nvidia port." A weird pattern on the motherboard boot screen. I couldn't fix it for a while, but on the third or so attempt of reinstalling my GPU drivers and reinstalling them it finally worked and is back to normal. I'm to scared to play GW2 though :(
G'day, exact same problem here. I was running the 9800GT whilst playing Guild Wars 2 in a BETA. Crashed a few times in the quest I'm up to thought it was the game, but after one crash the exact same thing happened. The message about "how the card wasn't in a nvidia port." A weird pattern on the motherboard boot screen. I couldn't fix it for a while, but on the third or so attempt of reinstalling my GPU drivers and reinstalling them it finally worked and is back to normal. I'm to scared to play GW2 though :(

Posted 04/29/2012 12:52 PM   
...Still crashs and takes me back to square one. If you fix it DO NOT play the game again. Hopefully NVIDIA update the driver and fix this ****.
...Still crashs and takes me back to square one. If you fix it DO NOT play the game again. Hopefully NVIDIA update the driver and fix this ****.

Posted 04/29/2012 01:00 PM   
Scroll To Top