GT 230 Driver problem PC not starting correctly and showing strange line colors
Hello, I was using my computer when suddenly it froze and showed strange horizontal lines in the screen, as it was unresponsive i shut down the pc, when i turned it on, it froze on
Starting Windows, with vertical green lines on all the screen, turning it on again it sent me to Startup Repair, the process finished and i was able to login this time, but the lines were still showing, I installed the graphic drivers again, rebooted but the problem didnt solve, but now im almost unable to use Windows without the Safe Mode, I have tried switching the VGA cable and the HDMI, but nothing.
What could it be? Help please
My PC:
Hp Pavilion Elite e9260f
i5 quadcore processor 2.57
Nvidia GeForce GT230 1.5GB
8GB RAM DDR3
1TB HDD
Hello, I was using my computer when suddenly it froze and showed strange horizontal lines in the screen, as it was unresponsive i shut down the pc, when i turned it on, it froze on

Starting Windows, with vertical green lines on all the screen, turning it on again it sent me to Startup Repair, the process finished and i was able to login this time, but the lines were still showing, I installed the graphic drivers again, rebooted but the problem didnt solve, but now im almost unable to use Windows without the Safe Mode, I have tried switching the VGA cable and the HDMI, but nothing.

What could it be? Help please

My PC:

Hp Pavilion Elite e9260f

i5 quadcore processor 2.57

Nvidia GeForce GT230 1.5GB

8GB RAM DDR3

1TB HDD

Posted 04/25/2012 03:31 AM   
Do you overclock? Sounds like a bad card (GPU) unfortunately.

Run checkdisk with full surface scan see if that helps.
Do you overclock? Sounds like a bad card (GPU) unfortunately.

Run checkdisk with full surface scan see if that helps.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 04/25/2012 03:35 AM   
No i don't do overclocking, and I haven't installed any other hardware, I already made checkdisk, mo errors, and the card isn't that bad, it's just pretty old :P, it's DDR2 btw.
No i don't do overclocking, and I haven't installed any other hardware, I already made checkdisk, mo errors, and the card isn't that bad, it's just pretty old :P, it's DDR2 btw.

Posted 04/25/2012 05:31 AM   
You can try a system restore to a time when it was working. If that does not help probably bad video card. You can plug in an external monitor to try to rule-out the built-in display.
You can try a system restore to a time when it was working. If that does not help probably bad video card. You can plug in an external monitor to try to rule-out the built-in display.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 04/25/2012 06:32 AM   
[quote name='HollywoodPCRepair' date='25 April 2012 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1335335531' post='1400685']
[/quote]

I did both options you told me, none of them worked, I'm thinking that the video card probably burnt. Could it be?
[quote name='HollywoodPCRepair' date='25 April 2012 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1335335531' post='1400685']

I did both options you told me, none of them worked, I'm thinking that the video card probably burnt. Could it be?

Posted 04/25/2012 10:33 PM   
Scroll To Top