The Walking Dead game support 3D Vision?
  1 / 2    
Anyone try this yet to see if it works? I'm not at home yet. But can't wait to see.
Anyone try this yet to see if it works? I'm not at home yet. But can't wait to see.

Posted 04/24/2012 07:46 PM   
I also would like to know how The Walking Dead game will look with 3D Vision. If it's a blast I'll definatelly buy it.
I also would like to know how The Walking Dead game will look with 3D Vision. If it's a blast I'll definatelly buy it.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 04/24/2012 07:51 PM   
+1 about 3D support.....i watch some videos and look interesting.
+1 about 3D support.....i watch some videos and look interesting.
Posted 04/24/2012 08:10 PM   
Works in 3dvision but it has a lot of problems. Some objects pop out too much and some don't even look 3d. I tried adjusting convergence but on some scenes is ok and in some is unbearable.
Works in 3dvision but it has a lot of problems. Some objects pop out too much and some don't even look 3d. I tried adjusting convergence but on some scenes is ok and in some is unbearable.

Posted 04/24/2012 08:48 PM   
Care to share any pics (good and worse) ?
Care to share any pics (good and worse) ?

Intel I7 930 2.8 Ghz (3.75 Ghz)MSI MS7760 Motherboard, 6GB )2x MSI GTX670 (SLI),OCZ SSD 30Gb,OCZ SSD Agility 120Gb, Asus 3D VG278HR ,Optoma HD67 3D DLP Beamer with 95inch 2.5 gain screen.

Posted 04/24/2012 08:56 PM   
http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29159

Verified to work. I'll play with the depth when I get home.. I don't need it to pop out like most people do.
http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29159

Verified to work. I'll play with the depth when I get home.. I don't need it to pop out like most people do.

Posted 04/24/2012 08:56 PM   
Turn depth to 3-4? That doesnt sound that good to me.
[quote name='eqzitara' date='24 April 2012 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1335301776' post='1400506']
[/quote]

Oh I don't know about that. I played AvP with super low depth and very high convergence and had a great time. AvP had so many messed up effects, and most were at screen level. So with the depth real low, but my gun waaaay out of the screen, I got real real good popout when aliens would grab me, but with minimal distraction to the botched graphical effects. Sometimes it works to go completely opposite from what we're used to.
[quote name='eqzitara' date='24 April 2012 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1335301776' post='1400506']

Oh I don't know about that. I played AvP with super low depth and very high convergence and had a great time. AvP had so many messed up effects, and most were at screen level. So with the depth real low, but my gun waaaay out of the screen, I got real real good popout when aliens would grab me, but with minimal distraction to the botched graphical effects. Sometimes it works to go completely opposite from what we're used to.

AsRock X58 Extreme6 mobo
Intel Core-i7 950 @ 4ghz
6gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000
DUAL EVGA Geforce GTX 570's SLI
Corsair TX 950w PSU
NZXT Phantom Red/Black Case
3d Vision 1 w/ Samsung 2233rz Monitor
3d Vision 2 w/ ASUS VG278HE Monitor

Posted 04/24/2012 10:42 PM   
the game has a very high value of convergence (default), you have to lower the convergence in order to play with 100% depth.

3D issues:
- Text menu at screen depth (i think they can be fix)
- Some object render in only left eye (i think can be removed)
- the "crosshair" is at screen depth (i think they can be fix)
- The sun is close, need to push back (i think they can be fix)
- Some other minor problem that can be removed
- Wrong depth in Text dialog (1-2-3-4 option) when other person ask you something and you have to response.

i think the game is fixable (good rated at least) by helix dll.
i play 10 minutes and the game look good.

i upload some screenshot (sorry about the upload page service), i have to lower the convergence + 100% depth:
[url="http://www.2shared.com/complete/57F-00Zm/Walking_Dead.html"]Download Here[/url]

[b]Edit1:[/b] i can't save the shaders, Numpad 6 and 3 do nothing.
the game has a very high value of convergence (default), you have to lower the convergence in order to play with 100% depth.

3D issues:

- Text menu at screen depth (i think they can be fix)

- Some object render in only left eye (i think can be removed)

- the "crosshair" is at screen depth (i think they can be fix)

- The sun is close, need to push back (i think they can be fix)

- Some other minor problem that can be removed

- Wrong depth in Text dialog (1-2-3-4 option) when other person ask you something and you have to response.

i think the game is fixable (good rated at least) by helix dll.

i play 10 minutes and the game look good.

i upload some screenshot (sorry about the upload page service), i have to lower the convergence + 100% depth:

Download Here

Edit1: i can't save the shaders, Numpad 6 and 3 do nothing.
Posted 04/25/2012 12:15 AM   
Did you try the other versions? http://helixmod.wikispot.org/oldvers
Issues dont seem bad and even I could fix those. Was gonna pass on this game though unless d3d9.dll works with it or it was rated good though.
Did you try the other versions? http://helixmod.wikispot.org/oldvers

Issues dont seem bad and even I could fix those. Was gonna pass on this game though unless d3d9.dll works with it or it was rated good though.
yes, the four versions available. the oldest crash the game when i press numpad 3 or 6.
yes, the four versions available. the oldest crash the game when i press numpad 3 or 6.
Posted 04/25/2012 12:43 AM   
I think the game did a favor tbh. Gave me an excuse to lay back and youtube lol. Though I guess thats a form of piracy...
Wish heavy rain would come to pc. Its not like they are still making money on ps3 vers.
I think the game did a favor tbh. Gave me an excuse to lay back and youtube lol. Though I guess thats a form of piracy...

Wish heavy rain would come to pc. Its not like they are still making money on ps3 vers.
Convergence is pretty high. I like turning down the depth to 3-4. I still get a great sense of depth and immersion. Aside from the cursor and what was mentioned in the previous post, everything works. I'd rate this an "excellent".
Convergence is pretty high. I like turning down the depth to 3-4. I still get a great sense of depth and immersion. Aside from the cursor and what was mentioned in the previous post, everything works. I'd rate this an "excellent".

Posted 04/25/2012 06:46 AM   
I find the 3D vision part pretty OK.

I also made a small fix for the game to run in Surround (2D & 3D). You can find it on widescreenfixer.org tomorrow if there are any takers on 3D Vision Surround:)

Best Regards
Helifax
I find the 3D vision part pretty OK.

I also made a small fix for the game to run in Surround (2D & 3D). You can find it on widescreenfixer.org tomorrow if there are any takers on 3D Vision Surround:)

Best Regards

Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos + other stuff:) only at 3D Vision Surround Gallery
OpenGL (up to 4.4) to DirectX to 3D Vision Wrapper at: [OpenGL] 3D Vision Wrapper - Enabling 3D Vision in OpenGL apps

2x GTX 780Ti (custom water cooled and kicking ass)
3x Samsung 2233rz 3D monitor
the rest...is un-important:)

Posted 05/03/2012 10:31 PM   
Did this game ever get a fix at all? It's on Steam sale at the moment with DLC and from what I can tell it isn't DX11. Would be awesome if someone could iron out the 3d problems :)
Did this game ever get a fix at all? It's on Steam sale at the moment with DLC and from what I can tell it isn't DX11. Would be awesome if someone could iron out the 3d problems :)
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top