9400GT not Compatible with 296.10 Driver Driver Updates
I tried twice to install the new 296.10 driver and both times failed. The update stops half way through with a Failed message that lists all parts of the update as successful except for the PhysX and 3d parts. Luckily I was able to reinstall the previous driver (285.62) without issue.

Is this a known issue? will it be resolved? or is the 9400GT no longer being maintained?
I tried twice to install the new 296.10 driver and both times failed. The update stops half way through with a Failed message that lists all parts of the update as successful except for the PhysX and 3d parts. Luckily I was able to reinstall the previous driver (285.62) without issue.

Is this a known issue? will it be resolved? or is the 9400GT no longer being maintained?

Posted 04/24/2012 02:56 PM   
Hi there and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

If only 2 components of the drivers are failing it has more to do with being unable to uninstall the old version and install the newer version and not something to do with compatibility with your graphics card.

Try manually uninstalling Physx and the 3D component that was failing and when you install the drivers select "Custom" install rather than "Express" installation and check the box for "Perform Clean install"

Let me know if that helps
Hi there and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

If only 2 components of the drivers are failing it has more to do with being unable to uninstall the old version and install the newer version and not something to do with compatibility with your graphics card.

Try manually uninstalling Physx and the 3D component that was failing and when you install the drivers select "Custom" install rather than "Express" installation and check the box for "Perform Clean install"

Let me know if that helps

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/24/2012 04:31 PM   
Scroll To Top