I am desperately looking for help. I recently got a Gaming PC with these specs:

Core i5 2500k 3.3ghz overclocked to 4.4ghz
8gb Corsair Vengeance 10666 Ram
GTX560 ti Twin Frozr II oc edition
Gigabyte z68 ud5 b3 Mobo
64gb Crucial SSD
1080p LG 22" Monitor
Corsair tx850m enthusiast PSU (850watt)

I then upgraded it by adding another GTX 560ti Twin Frozr II OC edition for sli. The graphics have become WORSE :( . I can't believe it. In World of Warcraft, BF3, Starcraft 2 the fps has dropped. In some cases dramatically (BF3).
I almost feel like what the hell is the point of my sli card. YES i have enabled SLI and YES its on Nvidia recommended settings. I am lost for words.

Funny thing is the single card I was running FurMark at 49 fps average in 720p test and with SLI it runs 95 fps Average, so there is obviously a boost, I just cannot cannot see it in any game. I am soooo stumped. And it can't be Vram because its doing it in Starcraft and WoW too.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

Ty in advance
Hi guys/gals

I am desperately looking for help. I recently got a Gaming PC with these specs:

Core i5 2500k 3.3ghz overclocked to 4.4ghz

8gb Corsair Vengeance 10666 Ram

GTX560 ti Twin Frozr II oc edition

Gigabyte z68 ud5 b3 Mobo

64gb Crucial SSD

1080p LG 22" Monitor

Corsair tx850m enthusiast PSU (850watt)

I then upgraded it by adding another GTX 560ti Twin Frozr II OC edition for sli. The graphics have become WORSE :( . I can't believe it. In World of Warcraft, BF3, Starcraft 2 the fps has dropped. In some cases dramatically (BF3).

I almost feel like what the hell is the point of my sli card. YES i have enabled SLI and YES its on Nvidia recommended settings. I am lost for words.

Funny thing is the single card I was running FurMark at 49 fps average in 720p test and with SLI it runs 95 fps Average, so there is obviously a boost, I just cannot cannot see it in any game. I am soooo stumped. And it can't be Vram because its doing it in Starcraft and WoW too.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

Ty in advance

Posted 04/24/2012 01:35 PM   
you need to trouble shoot...put one card in at a time run the tests see if both run same, then try reseating your cards also make sure your sli bridge is on correct. after you tried all that in msi afterburner bumo the voltage to 1063 and give it a spin.
you need to trouble shoot...put one card in at a time run the tests see if both run same, then try reseating your cards also make sure your sli bridge is on correct. after you tried all that in msi afterburner bumo the voltage to 1063 and give it a spin.

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

i7-2600k @ 4.4 GHz

Corsair H60 in Push/Pull

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

2 Zotac GTX 580s in SLI

Crucial M4 128GB SSD for OS

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

PSU Corsair HX 1050W

Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium

Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200)

Posted 04/24/2012 02:50 PM   
I wouldn't start messing with Voltages yet. Not unless you have reason to believe the card is not working properly at the stock Voltage. It would seem likely that the second card is functioning as you get a 94% boost in Furmark. And it's hard to make a GPU work any harder than it does in such apps.

So, it looks like SLI is just not functioning properly in games. You can use Afterburner to monitor the load on the GPUs while gaming. Are you, for example, seeing both cards being loaded the same, but only at 40%? Or is one card doing all the work?

Did you reinstall the drivers when you added the second card? Or did you just allow Windows to install the divers onto the new card when it was added? I would try uininstalling the drivers (possibly followed by cleaning up using DriverSweeper) and then reinstalling them. Make sure you reboot between each step.

Also, check that vsync is not enabled, as this will distort results. Many games enable it by default to improve visual quality. Apps like Furmark disable it to allow meaningful benchmarking. If you cannot disable it in a game, you can use the D3D Overrider that comes with Rivatuner to force it off.
I wouldn't start messing with Voltages yet. Not unless you have reason to believe the card is not working properly at the stock Voltage. It would seem likely that the second card is functioning as you get a 94% boost in Furmark. And it's hard to make a GPU work any harder than it does in such apps.

So, it looks like SLI is just not functioning properly in games. You can use Afterburner to monitor the load on the GPUs while gaming. Are you, for example, seeing both cards being loaded the same, but only at 40%? Or is one card doing all the work?

Did you reinstall the drivers when you added the second card? Or did you just allow Windows to install the divers onto the new card when it was added? I would try uininstalling the drivers (possibly followed by cleaning up using DriverSweeper) and then reinstalling them. Make sure you reboot between each step.

Also, check that vsync is not enabled, as this will distort results. Many games enable it by default to improve visual quality. Apps like Furmark disable it to allow meaningful benchmarking. If you cannot disable it in a game, you can use the D3D Overrider that comes with Rivatuner to force it off.

Core i5 4670K @ 4.3GHz with 4GHz uncore
Corsair H100 water cooler
8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 @ 2400MHz
Gigabyte Z87X-OC mobo
SLI eVGA GTX670 FTW (1227MHz boost 6800MHz VRAM)
Soundblaster Z with 5.1 speakers
112GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
240GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Corsair Carbide 500R case (white)
Akasa PowerXtreme 1200W PSU
HP ZR2740W 2560 x 1440 27" IPS panel
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Posted 04/25/2012 07:01 AM   
Scroll To Top