Monitor help
I'm gonna start this with saying I'm not the greatest with pc's so bear with me. I profesionally game and I've been using multiple different monitors and never been able to set them up to 120hz for some reason. Currently I'm using a gigabyte gtx 590 graphics card and my monitor is an ASUS VG 236h 3D monitor. I have tried using an hdmi cable with a dvi adapter plugged into my pc but that hasn't worked. (it wouldn't give me the option for 120hz) If I keep the DVI cable in then I have the 120hz option but if I switch it to that everything goes fuzzy. I can list the rest of the specs if you need them. My dad is very good with pc's and he thinks theres a slot that needs an adapter or a chord he hasn't seen before. I can post a picture of the back side of my box if need be as well. Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm gonna start this with saying I'm not the greatest with pc's so bear with me. I profesionally game and I've been using multiple different monitors and never been able to set them up to 120hz for some reason. Currently I'm using a gigabyte gtx 590 graphics card and my monitor is an ASUS VG 236h 3D monitor. I have tried using an hdmi cable with a dvi adapter plugged into my pc but that hasn't worked. (it wouldn't give me the option for 120hz) If I keep the DVI cable in then I have the 120hz option but if I switch it to that everything goes fuzzy. I can list the rest of the specs if you need them. My dad is very good with pc's and he thinks theres a slot that needs an adapter or a chord he hasn't seen before. I can post a picture of the back side of my box if need be as well. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted 04/24/2012 08:39 AM   
No offense but how does a pro pc gamer not know anything about PC's? You set the refresh rate from either Windows Display options or the Graphics control panel.
No offense but how does a pro pc gamer not know anything about PC's? You set the refresh rate from either Windows Display options or the Graphics control panel.

Posted 04/26/2012 04:18 AM   
Scroll To Top