Windows 7 64 bit SP1
Intel i7-3820 CPU
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 MB
16gig (4x4) Corsair Vengeance RAM
EVGA 560ti Superclocked GPU
Corsair 750 TX PSU
120gig ADATA S510 SSD Boot drive
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD Data storage

PROBLEM: 50% of the time I attempt to resume my computer from S3 sleep mode I get an unresponsive black screen. The rest of my computer; hard drives, hd LED's, fans, startup but no response from the monitor. After that happens my machine then attempts to go into an endless reboot cycle (boot loop) until I power it down by holding down my power button, then restarting. The other 50% of the time I put my machine in S3 it resumes properly.

Things i've tried: Properlly installed the last 8 nvidia drivers and betas; upgraded to newest BIOS; disabled Internal CPU PPL Overvoltage; disabled USB legacy support. I've literally tinkered with just about every possible power options configuration. Ive temporarly thrown in the towel as far as trying to resolve S3 until I can find a confirmed solution. As of now I have my machine set to go into S1 sleep.

I would really appreciate any help on solving this matter as it has plagued me for the last month and a half since I recieved the machine as new.
Windows 7 64 bit SP1

Intel i7-3820 CPU

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 MB

16gig (4x4) Corsair Vengeance RAM

EVGA 560ti Superclocked GPU

Corsair 750 TX PSU

120gig ADATA S510 SSD Boot drive

2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD Data storage

PROBLEM: 50% of the time I attempt to resume my computer from S3 sleep mode I get an unresponsive black screen. The rest of my computer; hard drives, hd LED's, fans, startup but no response from the monitor. After that happens my machine then attempts to go into an endless reboot cycle (boot loop) until I power it down by holding down my power button, then restarting. The other 50% of the time I put my machine in S3 it resumes properly.

Things i've tried: Properlly installed the last 8 nvidia drivers and betas; upgraded to newest BIOS; disabled Internal CPU PPL Overvoltage; disabled USB legacy support. I've literally tinkered with just about every possible power options configuration. Ive temporarly thrown in the towel as far as trying to resolve S3 until I can find a confirmed solution. As of now I have my machine set to go into S1 sleep.

I would really appreciate any help on solving this matter as it has plagued me for the last month and a half since I recieved the machine as new.

Posted 04/24/2012 04:37 AM   
These problems can be very difficult to track down; could be some rogue service, can be a lot of things. Try resetting BIOS to defaults; try system restore to before the problem began.
These problems can be very difficult to track down; could be some rogue service, can be a lot of things. Try resetting BIOS to defaults; try system restore to before the problem began.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 04/24/2012 05:24 AM   
[quote name='HollywoodPCRepair' date='24 April 2012 - 05:24 AM' timestamp='1335245093' post='1400175']
[/quote]

BIOS is default except for the correct memory timings, nothings overclocked, it's happening on a fresh install of Windows 7
[quote name='HollywoodPCRepair' date='24 April 2012 - 05:24 AM' timestamp='1335245093' post='1400175']

BIOS is default except for the correct memory timings, nothings overclocked, it's happening on a fresh install of Windows 7

Posted 04/24/2012 05:37 AM   
Try BIOS update maybe it will refresh things, even if it's same BIOS revision. Pull / reseat all cards, maybe something loose, these are notoriously difficult problems to nail down.
Try BIOS update maybe it will refresh things, even if it's same BIOS revision. Pull / reseat all cards, maybe something loose, these are notoriously difficult problems to nail down.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 04/24/2012 05:42 AM   
* nvm, already addressed *
* nvm, already addressed *

Work in Progress:

Case: Corsair 650D
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4
PSU: Antec TruePower New 750 Blue
CPU: Intel i5-2500K ( Socket 1155 )
CPU Cooler: ZalMan CNPS9500A LED
GPU: EVGA GTX 580
MEM: 8 GB G.Skill PC12800 DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium
Monitor: Samsung 2343 BWX 23"@ 2048 x 1152

My cards in order of ownership: Intergraph Intense3D Voodoo (Rush), 3Dfx Voodoo3 3000 PCI, PNY GeForce4 MX 420 PCI, PNY nVidia 6600 AGP, BFG 7600GS O.C. AGP, BFG 8600GTS O.C. PCI-E, Xfx 9800GT PCI-E (SLI), BFG GTX 260 Maxcore 55 PCI-E (SLI), EVGA GTX 560 Ti PCI-E, EVGA GTX 580 1.5gb PCI-E

Posted 04/24/2012 10:56 AM   
one of the things i really dont understand about this problem is that 50% of the time it resumes fine, the other 50% it black screens into a boot loop. I mean what could be causing that? The only thing I can really think of is how hot the components are when it goes into sleep mode and how much voltage is being held in them? I dont really know, its totally stumped me.
one of the things i really dont understand about this problem is that 50% of the time it resumes fine, the other 50% it black screens into a boot loop. I mean what could be causing that? The only thing I can really think of is how hot the components are when it goes into sleep mode and how much voltage is being held in them? I dont really know, its totally stumped me.

Posted 04/24/2012 11:24 AM   
1) Has this feature ever worked correctly for a long period of time?

2) Under Power Option, tell it not to let the SSD / HD goto Sleep?

3) Does it seem to be affect by how long it has gone to sleep?

4) What Monitor and connection type?

5) Any other annomolies?

6) What is the BIOS setting for the type of mode it can enter?

7) Fresh install of OS and what other programs?

5) Any other annomolies?

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/24/2012 12:45 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' date='24 April 2012 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1335271559' post='1400295']

Answer 1.) No

Answer 2.) I really want my HD's to be able to sleep, they both sleep properly in S1 and wake fine in that setting.

Answer 3.) No, it is totally random, sometime it will wake after 12 hours, sometimes it wont wake after only 20 minutes (it is totally random)

Answer 4.) Samsung Syncmaster 2333HD, DVI connection

5) Any other annomolies?

Answer 5.) Yes, my computer will get either a MEMORY_MANAGMENT or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen if i use any other internet browser except for IE9 (does it on both firefox and chrome)

Answer 6.) It is properly set to S3

Answer 7.) It is a fresh install with just common programs and battlefield 3
[/quote]
[quote name='Greybear' date='24 April 2012 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1335271559' post='1400295']

Answer 1.) No

Answer 2.) I really want my HD's to be able to sleep, they both sleep properly in S1 and wake fine in that setting.

Answer 3.) No, it is totally random, sometime it will wake after 12 hours, sometimes it wont wake after only 20 minutes (it is totally random)

Answer 4.) Samsung Syncmaster 2333HD, DVI connection

5) Any other annomolies?

Answer 5.) Yes, my computer will get either a MEMORY_MANAGMENT or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen if i use any other internet browser except for IE9 (does it on both firefox and chrome)

Answer 6.) It is properly set to S3

Answer 7.) It is a fresh install with just common programs and battlefield 3

Posted 04/27/2012 07:17 AM   
Try using just 1 stick of RAM. Test it for the Loop....Then move to the next stick of RAM.

The errors your presenting point to a DRIVER or Memory. Either of those could be also sticking you in the loop.

Try using just 1 stick of RAM. Test it for the Loop....Then move to the next stick of RAM.

The errors your presenting point to a DRIVER or Memory. Either of those could be also sticking you in the loop.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/27/2012 12:53 PM   
Im having this same problem its so annoying.
Im having this same problem its so annoying.

Corsair Obsidian Series 650D

Asus P8P67 DELUXE

Intel Core i5-2500 (oc 3.9)

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2133

Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W

Asus HD 6870 Direct CU x2 (oc 960MHz)

Corsair Force Series 3 120gb (boot drive)

Seagate 7200 1TB (mass storage)

Posted 05/03/2012 11:16 PM   
This was all posted months ago, did anybody every make any progress? I am having the same exact problem I have 2 x 8 corsair xmp ram, 1 gb geforce 560 ti. and I am running the newest beta bios f12(L). The newest bios does not fix the problem.
This was all posted months ago, did anybody every make any progress? I am having the same exact problem I have 2 x 8 corsair xmp ram, 1 gb geforce 560 ti. and I am running the newest beta bios f12(L). The newest bios does not fix the problem.

Posted 11/24/2012 10:38 PM   
I would like to re-highlight this issue about these startup/restart/wake-up loops. I've had them as long as I can remember, non-OC config and OC'ed. All drivers up to date including BIOS. I've put memory, gpu, cpu on benchmark and "health" tests with various softwares with no errors. And I haven't been able to adress the problem to it's source. Though I've noticed an OC'ed system is more vulnerable to these loop symptoms than a stable unclocked configuration. The symptom shows up even more with EVGA OC software enabled and put to stable clock. So a good lead is that these systems with loop symptoms seem to be OC sensitive.
I would like to re-highlight this issue about these startup/restart/wake-up loops.
I've had them as long as I can remember, non-OC config and OC'ed.
All drivers up to date including BIOS.

I've put memory, gpu, cpu on benchmark and "health" tests with various softwares with no errors.
And I haven't been able to adress the problem to it's source.

Though I've noticed an OC'ed system is more vulnerable to these loop symptoms than a stable unclocked configuration.

The symptom shows up even more with EVGA OC software enabled and put to stable clock.
So a good lead is that these systems with loop symptoms seem to be OC sensitive.

CM Storm Scout II Gunmetal Grey | i5 2500K 4.5Ghz| FractalDesign Integra R2 650W PSU | GTX 660Ti DirectCU 2GB OC | Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL10 | ASUS P8Z77 V PRO | Crucial m4 SSD2.5" 64GB | Barracuda® 1TB | Barracuda® 2TB | 7x Corsair AF120 120mm | Noctua NH D14 | SideWinder X4 | CM Storm Sentinel Adv. II Gaming Mouse| Triple Monitor Setup 3x x2301 HP LED 23" | QcK Pad | Creative Aurvana Live

Posted 01/02/2014 01:53 PM   
Scroll To Top