GeForce 9800 GT
Hello,

I've been reading this forum and have seen very similar problems with the 9800 GT card users. All steam games I play crash and freeze, my screen turns off, my mouse will freeze up and then my computer will restart or I get the message "display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 296.10 stopped responding and has successfuly recovered". I've installed multiple previous drivers before 296.10, yet the problem is still occurring.

Can this be fixed? I'm beginning to consider buying a new graphics card.

Any help or suggestions are more than welcome, I am extremely frustrated and losing all hope!!
Hello,

I've been reading this forum and have seen very similar problems with the 9800 GT card users. All steam games I play crash and freeze, my screen turns off, my mouse will freeze up and then my computer will restart or I get the message "display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 296.10 stopped responding and has successfuly recovered". I've installed multiple previous drivers before 296.10, yet the problem is still occurring.

Can this be fixed? I'm beginning to consider buying a new graphics card.

Any help or suggestions are more than welcome, I am extremely frustrated and losing all hope!!

Posted 04/23/2012 11:03 PM   
Since all games are crashing with the error, its possible that its a hardware problem but if you have a problem with the OS or other software, it can also cause similar error.
Can you tell me what steps(reinstall your games, test your card in a different rig, reinstall Windows, down clock the card if overclocked, etc...) have you taken in your troubleshooting?

Can you list the driver versions you have tried?
Since all games are crashing with the error, its possible that its a hardware problem but if you have a problem with the OS or other software, it can also cause similar error.

Can you tell me what steps(reinstall your games, test your card in a different rig, reinstall Windows, down clock the card if overclocked, etc...) have you taken in your troubleshooting?

Can you list the driver versions you have tried?

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 04/28/2012 12:16 AM   
Scroll To Top