GTX 590 - DVI stopped working
Hello.

I run with 2 x GTX 590 in SLI, and i have been using them without any problems (apart from not being able to reach full resolution in surround mode), but last night, actually right before i upgraded to the newest driver version (296,10 - Old was 295,75 i think), i entered my Nvidia control panel (like i use to), and hit the Surround button (only the radio button), and all of my screens blinked, and after that, only two of them were turned on.

I found that weird, so i looked into it, and right now, my computer can only see those two monitors (even if i put it back to disable SLI mode). I found this very weird, and tried swapping the cables, and here is what it looks like. If i swapped any of the active cables in the active DVI-ports, still only two screens were found, but if i used any of the two free DVI-ports i have, it could find the monitors. Have my DVI-ports fried, or what have happened?

In theory i have enough DVI-ports left for running my 4 x monitor setup, but i will not be able to run surround mode since it requires the port's to be used in a special order.

I hope anyone have some clues.

Cheers.
Hello.

I run with 2 x GTX 590 in SLI, and i have been using them without any problems (apart from not being able to reach full resolution in surround mode), but last night, actually right before i upgraded to the newest driver version (296,10 - Old was 295,75 i think), i entered my Nvidia control panel (like i use to), and hit the Surround button (only the radio button), and all of my screens blinked, and after that, only two of them were turned on.

I found that weird, so i looked into it, and right now, my computer can only see those two monitors (even if i put it back to disable SLI mode). I found this very weird, and tried swapping the cables, and here is what it looks like. If i swapped any of the active cables in the active DVI-ports, still only two screens were found, but if i used any of the two free DVI-ports i have, it could find the monitors. Have my DVI-ports fried, or what have happened?

In theory i have enough DVI-ports left for running my 4 x monitor setup, but i will not be able to run surround mode since it requires the port's to be used in a special order.

I hope anyone have some clues.

Cheers.

Posted 04/23/2012 09:24 AM   
Scroll To Top