GT220M, Laptop freezing when I play videos
Hey guys, I have this problem for a while now. This has been happening since around the beginning of January. I often can play videos fine, but at least once every day my laptop will freeze. Usually if I continue trying to play the video after everything unfreezes after around 3-7 minutes, it will just end up freezing again. Sometimes, but not always, I get the message saying that the display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. However, most of the time this doesn't appear. My laptop is only two and a half years old and I don't play lots of games on it, so I have no idea why it's dying so fast. Anyone know the likely cause? Oh, and I played a lot of the Diablo 3 open beta this weekend and it never ended up freezing. It seems to only happen with videos, whether is YouTube, Netflix, or VLC.
Hey guys, I have this problem for a while now. This has been happening since around the beginning of January. I often can play videos fine, but at least once every day my laptop will freeze. Usually if I continue trying to play the video after everything unfreezes after around 3-7 minutes, it will just end up freezing again. Sometimes, but not always, I get the message saying that the display driver has stopped responding and has recovered. However, most of the time this doesn't appear. My laptop is only two and a half years old and I don't play lots of games on it, so I have no idea why it's dying so fast. Anyone know the likely cause? Oh, and I played a lot of the Diablo 3 open beta this weekend and it never ended up freezing. It seems to only happen with videos, whether is YouTube, Netflix, or VLC.

Posted 04/23/2012 05:06 AM   
Hmm does no one go on this forum? Anyway, I noticed this only happens with videos. I can play video games as long as I want with no issues.
Hmm does no one go on this forum? Anyway, I noticed this only happens with videos. I can play video games as long as I want with no issues.

Posted 05/17/2012 05:05 PM   
Scroll To Top