Why my GT430 shows only 48 cuda cores?
I bought GT430 video card from BIOSTAR (VN4303THG1 ATX):
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/vga/introduction.php?S_ID=149

In the specifications from Nvidia webside says that GT430 GPU's has 96 cuda cores. Nvidia-settings shows only 48 in my card:
[img]http://www.image-share.com/upload/1436/171.jpg[/img]

I have the card connected in a PCI-e 16x socket (not 2.0). Is that may be the reason that only show half the cores? Or is it really this BIOSTAR model has only 48 cores?

Thanks.
I bought GT430 video card from BIOSTAR (VN4303THG1 ATX):

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/vga/introduction.php?S_ID=149

In the specifications from Nvidia webside says that GT430 GPU's has 96 cuda cores. Nvidia-settings shows only 48 in my card:

I have the card connected in a PCI-e 16x socket (not 2.0). Is that may be the reason that only show half the cores? Or is it really this BIOSTAR model has only 48 cores?

Thanks.

Posted 04/22/2012 09:17 PM   
Hi,

The GT 430 is an OEM only card, OEM cards are not always an exact match as the specifications we list on our websites, they often have differences such as the ones you are seeing now which is why we have the text at the top of the specification sheet/page:

[quote]Note: The below specifications represent this GPU as incorporated into NVIDIA's reference graphics card design. Graphics card specifications may vary by Add-in-card manufacturer. Please refer to the Add-in-card manufacturers' website for actual shipping specifications.[/quote]
Hi,

The GT 430 is an OEM only card, OEM cards are not always an exact match as the specifications we list on our websites, they often have differences such as the ones you are seeing now which is why we have the text at the top of the specification sheet/page:

Note: The below specifications represent this GPU as incorporated into NVIDIA's reference graphics card design. Graphics card specifications may vary by Add-in-card manufacturer. Please refer to the Add-in-card manufacturers' website for actual shipping specifications.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/23/2012 11:11 PM   
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='23 April 2012 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1335222666' post='1400082']
OEM cards are not always an exact match as the specifications we list on our websites[/quote]
Ok, I know that. But I understood that it happened with features like memory amount, frequency, bandwidth. I thought all the GPU's of the same family had the same number of cores.

All I wanted to know if Nvidia manufactures the GT430 GPU in both versions: with 48 and 96 cuda cores. I want to know if my product is faulty and I can return it before warranty ends.
If you confirm me that yes, in fact Nvidia GT430 GPU manufactured with 48 cores, then I can now rest assured knowing that my product is not defective. Could you find out if Nvidia manufactures a version of the GT430 with 48 cores?
Thank you (sorry for my English).
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='23 April 2012 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1335222666' post='1400082']

OEM cards are not always an exact match as the specifications we list on our websites

Ok, I know that. But I understood that it happened with features like memory amount, frequency, bandwidth. I thought all the GPU's of the same family had the same number of cores.

All I wanted to know if Nvidia manufactures the GT430 GPU in both versions: with 48 and 96 cuda cores. I want to know if my product is faulty and I can return it before warranty ends.

If you confirm me that yes, in fact Nvidia GT430 GPU manufactured with 48 cores, then I can now rest assured knowing that my product is not defective. Could you find out if Nvidia manufactures a version of the GT430 with 48 cores?

Thank you (sorry for my English).

Posted 04/24/2012 03:20 AM   
Scroll To Top