GTC470 SLI problem? Possible Blackout Club problem?
I have problem I just can't track down after five months of pulling my hair out, that sounds similiar to the "Blackscreen Club" problem.

I'm running an ASUS M4N98TD Evo (which is on the list of compatable combos with a single GTX470) with two Geforce GTX470 cards in SLI and Windows 7 64 Bit. I keep getting random black screens (no video input) and then an attempt to restart. Sometimes it will lock up during restart but if you actually shut all the way down and then power on it will start up fine. It really doesn't like "restart" for some reason. If you restart after loading drivers or software, it locks up during start up. Windows always blames the video drivers for the blackouts and I've installed drivers 266.58 through 296.10, cleaning the old drivers out each time using Driver Sweeper and all have variations of the same problem. It'll work fine for about a week and then start blacking out more and more frequently. Even until it will consistantly blackout with certain programs or websites.

I've now pulled out the second card (and switched them out) and the problem seems to go away when only running either card by itself. So far.

And I'm not sure if it's related but I'm also running a RAID 1+0 and three times now I've had the system kick out one of the drives with an "error" on it but if I rebuild the RAID it works just fine. Each time it's done this it's claimed it was a different drive and once the RAID is rebuilt, all the drives pass the NVIDIA SMART tests just fine.

Any one have any ideas/help?

I hope it's okay that I'm also gonna repost this in the GTX400 forum.

Thanks!
I have problem I just can't track down after five months of pulling my hair out, that sounds similiar to the "Blackscreen Club" problem.

I'm running an ASUS M4N98TD Evo (which is on the list of compatable combos with a single GTX470) with two Geforce GTX470 cards in SLI and Windows 7 64 Bit. I keep getting random black screens (no video input) and then an attempt to restart. Sometimes it will lock up during restart but if you actually shut all the way down and then power on it will start up fine. It really doesn't like "restart" for some reason. If you restart after loading drivers or software, it locks up during start up. Windows always blames the video drivers for the blackouts and I've installed drivers 266.58 through 296.10, cleaning the old drivers out each time using Driver Sweeper and all have variations of the same problem. It'll work fine for about a week and then start blacking out more and more frequently. Even until it will consistantly blackout with certain programs or websites.

I've now pulled out the second card (and switched them out) and the problem seems to go away when only running either card by itself. So far.

And I'm not sure if it's related but I'm also running a RAID 1+0 and three times now I've had the system kick out one of the drives with an "error" on it but if I rebuild the RAID it works just fine. Each time it's done this it's claimed it was a different drive and once the RAID is rebuilt, all the drives pass the NVIDIA SMART tests just fine.

Any one have any ideas/help?

I hope it's okay that I'm also gonna repost this in the GTX400 forum.

Thanks!

Posted 04/22/2012 03:08 PM   
Scroll To Top