GTS 250 3-way SLI crashing GTS 250 3-way SLI crashing after fresh installation
Processor(Intel® Core™ i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache))
Memory(12 GB [2 GB X6] DDR3-1600 Triple Memory Module)
Video Card(NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 - 512MB - 3-Way SLI Mode (Triple Cards))
Motherboard(ASUS P6T -- Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb
Operating System(Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit)
Monitor(24" Sceptre 16:10 Widescreen HDTV Video & PC LCD Monitor 1920x1200 - Black)
Power Supply(1000 Watt -- Extreme Power Supply - [Gaming Series] Quad SLI + Active PFC)
Primary Hard Drive(1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive)
Optical Drive(22X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)
2nd Optical Drive(22X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)

I just updated my graphic drivers my computer is asking for SLI connectors.

I did a fresh removal and install of drivers (checked the box for fresh profile install). I removed all of my cards and started from the beginning. I inserted the top card and installed the latest driver from NVIDIA (version 296.10). My computer did the reboot to revert back to default VGA, then installed the GeForce driver. All was well for my first card install. When I shut down and installed the second and third cards I turned on the computer, and Windows recognized my cards via plug and play and installed the drivers. The NVIDIA control panel recognizes all three (3) cards but when I try to enable SLI I get a message to connect the cards via SLI connectors, then SLI reverts back to disabled in the NVIDIA control panel. My cards do not use the SLI bridge connectors.

Any thoughts on this? My computer is locking up entirely within the first 10 minutes of every subsequent reboot. I even disabled cards 2 and 3 in the device manager to see if it was a card, but no change in crashing.

I added a picture of my physical card configuration.
Processor(Intel® Core™ i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache))

Memory(12 GB [2 GB X6] DDR3-1600 Triple Memory Module)

Video Card(NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 - 512MB - 3-Way SLI Mode (Triple Cards))

Motherboard(ASUS P6T -- Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb

Operating System(Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit)

Monitor(24" Sceptre 16:10 Widescreen HDTV Video & PC LCD Monitor 1920x1200 - Black)

Power Supply(1000 Watt -- Extreme Power Supply - [Gaming Series] Quad SLI + Active PFC)

Primary Hard Drive(1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive)

Optical Drive(22X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)

2nd Optical Drive(22X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)

I just updated my graphic drivers my computer is asking for SLI connectors.

I did a fresh removal and install of drivers (checked the box for fresh profile install). I removed all of my cards and started from the beginning. I inserted the top card and installed the latest driver from NVIDIA (version 296.10). My computer did the reboot to revert back to default VGA, then installed the GeForce driver. All was well for my first card install. When I shut down and installed the second and third cards I turned on the computer, and Windows recognized my cards via plug and play and installed the drivers. The NVIDIA control panel recognizes all three (3) cards but when I try to enable SLI I get a message to connect the cards via SLI connectors, then SLI reverts back to disabled in the NVIDIA control panel. My cards do not use the SLI bridge connectors.

Any thoughts on this? My computer is locking up entirely within the first 10 minutes of every subsequent reboot. I even disabled cards 2 and 3 in the device manager to see if it was a card, but no change in crashing.

I added a picture of my physical card configuration.
Attachments

IMAG0210.jpg

Posted 04/21/2012 08:45 PM   
Scroll To Top