GTX 295: Diablo 3 Beta Video Issue
  1 / 2    
I was having a problem with my card and this game, I have the latest drivers, where I would lose video signal after playing for a few minutes, and had to hard reboot system. Not crashes showing up in Event Viewer or Reliability History. Win7 64bit.

I then tried Skyrim for about 30 min and it ran fine, was relieved cause i cant afford a new card.

After searching an hour, someone found the solution: You need to go into the Nvidia Profile for Diablo 3 and change the "Multi-GPU rendering mode" to Single-GPU. For some reason the game has an issue with this card being a dual-gpu card i guess.

It still a lil buggy, after about 3hrs of playing, /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' /> , I had video loss again.

I hope that Nvidia &/or Blizzard can get fix for this before the game comes out.

This is where i found the supposed solution: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427662953
I was having a problem with my card and this game, I have the latest drivers, where I would lose video signal after playing for a few minutes, and had to hard reboot system. Not crashes showing up in Event Viewer or Reliability History. Win7 64bit.

I then tried Skyrim for about 30 min and it ran fine, was relieved cause i cant afford a new card.

After searching an hour, someone found the solution: You need to go into the Nvidia Profile for Diablo 3 and change the "Multi-GPU rendering mode" to Single-GPU. For some reason the game has an issue with this card being a dual-gpu card i guess.

It still a lil buggy, after about 3hrs of playing, /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' /> , I had video loss again.

I hope that Nvidia &/or Blizzard can get fix for this before the game comes out.

This is where i found the supposed solution: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427662953

Posted 04/21/2012 05:07 PM   
[b]SIGH[/b]..It is still randomly losing video signal.

I ran Furmark and OCCT for a few minutes and no issue

Ran Skyrim again for 15 min. GPU Temp:67deg FPS:60.. no issue at all

Can someone at NVIDIA please look into this? Or tell me that it is a known issue?
SIGH..It is still randomly losing video signal.

I ran Furmark and OCCT for a few minutes and no issue

Ran Skyrim again for 15 min. GPU Temp:67deg FPS:60.. no issue at all

Can someone at NVIDIA please look into this? Or tell me that it is a known issue?

Posted 04/22/2012 10:00 PM   
Found other GTX295 user with same issues:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3278810306

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079875831

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3988300822

A friend has SLI GTX 260's and lost video signal one time.

Unfortunately I am on the open beta which ends soon and cannot work on this issue

I am still hoping for some kind of response from Nvidia Support, so i can put my mind at ease knowing i will be able to play Diablo 3 when it releases.
Found other GTX295 user with same issues:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3278810306

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079875831

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3988300822

A friend has SLI GTX 260's and lost video signal one time.

Unfortunately I am on the open beta which ends soon and cannot work on this issue

I am still hoping for some kind of response from Nvidia Support, so i can put my mind at ease knowing i will be able to play Diablo 3 when it releases.

Posted 04/23/2012 05:49 AM   
Had my card sent in to be tested and it was fine. Borrowed a GTX 550 and was able to play the GW2 beta. So there is an issue with GTX 295 and Diablo beta, Guild Wars 2 beta.

A friend has Sli GTX 275's, with latest drives as i do and had no issue..Seems like since on the gtx 295 it has 2 275's on one card, the games are having an issue with this.

I hope Nvidia is reading this and can come out with drivers to resolve this issue, especially before may 15th.
Had my card sent in to be tested and it was fine. Borrowed a GTX 550 and was able to play the GW2 beta. So there is an issue with GTX 295 and Diablo beta, Guild Wars 2 beta.

A friend has Sli GTX 275's, with latest drives as i do and had no issue..Seems like since on the gtx 295 it has 2 275's on one card, the games are having an issue with this.

I hope Nvidia is reading this and can come out with drivers to resolve this issue, especially before may 15th.

Posted 05/06/2012 06:08 PM   
Can you give me the in game graphic settings you have used in this game with your Geforce GTX 295 including screen resolution/refresh rate and the monitor make and model you used?
Can you give me the in game graphic settings you have used in this game with your Geforce GTX 295 including screen resolution/refresh rate and the monitor make and model you used?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 05/09/2012 05:27 AM   
DOes it happen only with this driver?
I had the beta and played it with 0 problem on my GTX 295 and I have finished the beta more than 10 times.

I have not played intensively with the 30x.xx driver series tho...

Your complete system specs would be appreciated too if you want all the help from nVidia here.

Good luck!
DOes it happen only with this driver?

I had the beta and played it with 0 problem on my GTX 295 and I have finished the beta more than 10 times.

I have not played intensively with the 30x.xx driver series tho...

Your complete system specs would be appreciated too if you want all the help from nVidia here.

Good luck!

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: Maximus Gene V (Bios 1903)
-CPU: I7-3770K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: 16GB corsair (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)
-GPU : EVGA nVidia GTX 690 (Stock clock)(bios : 80.04.1E.00.F1) and (80.04.1E.00.F0) (UEFI)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Intel SSD 520 Series (240GB) + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-Antivirus : Norton Antivirus 2014
-NVCP: All default Except changed adaptive to Prefer max performance.

Posted 05/09/2012 06:58 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='08 May 2012 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1336541221' post='1405912']
[/quote]

Im sorry i did not respond faster im recovering from surgery.

My system:

Windows 7 64-bit
i7 920 3.4ghz
6gb Ram
GTX 295 (Not Overclocked)
750W Power Supply

Monitor: Dell U2410 1920 X 1200

I have tried every WHQL driver back to 275.33, I have not tried the latest beta.

I used the default graphic settings for both the beta's.

I tried The Witcher 2 game and it ran fine. The only game i have right now that i know it crashed is original Guild Wars. There is a stress test coming next monday for GW2, not sure if ill be able to test it and also D3 releases next Tuesday.

I also see no errors on the Event Viewer/Reliability History.

I will try Guild Wars tomorrow, If u have any tests that i can do, I would like to try it.
[quote name='ManuelG' date='08 May 2012 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1336541221' post='1405912']

Im sorry i did not respond faster im recovering from surgery.

My system:

Windows 7 64-bit

i7 920 3.4ghz

6gb Ram

GTX 295 (Not Overclocked)

750W Power Supply

Monitor: Dell U2410 1920 X 1200

I have tried every WHQL driver back to 275.33, I have not tried the latest beta.

I used the default graphic settings for both the beta's.

I tried The Witcher 2 game and it ran fine. The only game i have right now that i know it crashed is original Guild Wars. There is a stress test coming next monday for GW2, not sure if ill be able to test it and also D3 releases next Tuesday.

I also see no errors on the Event Viewer/Reliability History.

I will try Guild Wars tomorrow, If u have any tests that i can do, I would like to try it.

Posted 05/10/2012 03:56 AM   
Unfortunately it appears our BETA account is no longer active so we can not check the game. Will have to wait until the game comes out next week. I will try late next week to reproduce this issue but if you pick up the game and are able to try the official released game, lmk if you still experience the same problem. Also include any in game graphic settings or settings applied through the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Unfortunately it appears our BETA account is no longer active so we can not check the game. Will have to wait until the game comes out next week. I will try late next week to reproduce this issue but if you pick up the game and are able to try the official released game, lmk if you still experience the same problem. Also include any in game graphic settings or settings applied through the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 05/11/2012 12:12 AM   
Ya ill be picking it up on release. I've reset everything in the Nvidia control panel to default and uninstalled Precision X. Ill check either Monday during the GW2 stress test or D3 day.
Ya ill be picking it up on release. I've reset everything in the Nvidia control panel to default and uninstalled Precision X. Ill check either Monday during the GW2 stress test or D3 day.

Posted 05/11/2012 01:33 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='11 May 2012 - 01:12 AM' timestamp='1336695127' post='1406725']
[/quote]

I have this problem too, badly. With both the 296.10 and 301.24 drivers. Screen goes dark after 2-3 minutes of play, driver timeout/recovery in taskbar. After 2-3 recoveries screen stays black, requires reboot if in fullscreen, in window I can force the game to close.

* Tried 1920x1200 fullscreen@60hz, 1280x1024 windowed@60hz.
* Tried forcing "disable multi-GPU mode" through control panel, did not help
* Tried adding a program setting for Diablo 3, with both multi-gpu mode and single-gpu mode settings, did not help
* Tried lowering ingame settings to medium across the board, which seems ridiculous since it runs really smoothly on max, did not help

Using a Samsung SyncMaster T240.

I can't think of anything else to add right now, let me know if you want any more info, dxdiags, whatever. I'd really like this issue resolved, it's awfully frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
[quote name='ManuelG' date='11 May 2012 - 01:12 AM' timestamp='1336695127' post='1406725']

I have this problem too, badly. With both the 296.10 and 301.24 drivers. Screen goes dark after 2-3 minutes of play, driver timeout/recovery in taskbar. After 2-3 recoveries screen stays black, requires reboot if in fullscreen, in window I can force the game to close.

* Tried 1920x1200 fullscreen@60hz, 1280x1024 windowed@60hz.

* Tried forcing "disable multi-GPU mode" through control panel, did not help

* Tried adding a program setting for Diablo 3, with both multi-gpu mode and single-gpu mode settings, did not help

* Tried lowering ingame settings to medium across the board, which seems ridiculous since it runs really smoothly on max, did not help

Using a Samsung SyncMaster T240.

I can't think of anything else to add right now, let me know if you want any more info, dxdiags, whatever. I'd really like this issue resolved, it's awfully frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted 05/15/2012 08:20 PM   
For diablo 3, it works good to edit a value in My Documents\Diablo III\D3prefs.txt. The value is called HardwareClass. For me with my gtx 295 it was set to 6 by default. Lowering it to 5 solved ALL problems for me. I didn't have to disable dual gpu, and i have all graphics settings on max. Before i changed this my gpu kept crashing, i kept loosing video signal and i even had a few blue screens.
For diablo 3, it works good to edit a value in My Documents\Diablo III\D3prefs.txt. The value is called HardwareClass. For me with my gtx 295 it was set to 6 by default. Lowering it to 5 solved ALL problems for me. I didn't have to disable dual gpu, and i have all graphics settings on max. Before i changed this my gpu kept crashing, i kept loosing video signal and i even had a few blue screens.

Posted 05/19/2012 10:58 AM   
Would anyone here be willing to send us your graphics card so that we can try and reproduce this in our Santa Clara corporate office? We are unable to reproduce this and we have tried with multiple systems and multiple cards. If so, please send me a PM.
Would anyone here be willing to send us your graphics card so that we can try and reproduce this in our Santa Clara corporate office? We are unable to reproduce this and we have tried with multiple systems and multiple cards. If so, please send me a PM.

Posted 06/07/2012 09:52 AM   
I am also having a similar issue with my Nvidia geforce gtx 295, with the Diablo 3, I will try that fix. It seems to be either an issue with video card driver, or the game itself. I hope either Nvidia or Blizzard comes out with a fix. The display goes out after a few minutes of play, and the other night I was able to play for over an hour. At sitting, my temp is about 60 and 62 C, while playing the game it goes up to 70ish. I've cleaned the case, and updated the drivers.
I am also having a similar issue with my Nvidia geforce gtx 295, with the Diablo 3, I will try that fix. It seems to be either an issue with video card driver, or the game itself. I hope either Nvidia or Blizzard comes out with a fix. The display goes out after a few minutes of play, and the other night I was able to play for over an hour. At sitting, my temp is about 60 and 62 C, while playing the game it goes up to 70ish. I've cleaned the case, and updated the drivers.

Posted 06/08/2012 05:09 AM   
I am also having the same issue with my GTX 295 cards. No issues until I started playing D3. Now I am getting the black screen with No Signal in D3 and tonight it started happening in WoW as well (where before I had no issues at all). The problem seems to be getting worse. I have tried multiple tests working with the folks over at Blizzard. See my thread here for all my data and what we have already tried:

[url="http://http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5593231384?page=1"]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5593231384?page=1[/url]

I have tried multiple version of the drivers to no avail. I wish I still lived in Santa Clara or I would be happy to bring my machine by your offices to let your folks tinker with it. Sadly I'm in Seattle now and I do not have any backup cards. =(
I am also having the same issue with my GTX 295 cards. No issues until I started playing D3. Now I am getting the black screen with No Signal in D3 and tonight it started happening in WoW as well (where before I had no issues at all). The problem seems to be getting worse. I have tried multiple tests working with the folks over at Blizzard. See my thread here for all my data and what we have already tried:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5593231384?page=1

I have tried multiple version of the drivers to no avail. I wish I still lived in Santa Clara or I would be happy to bring my machine by your offices to let your folks tinker with it. Sadly I'm in Seattle now and I do not have any backup cards. =(

Posted 06/10/2012 06:02 AM   
I just did a clean system install from my computer builder's restore CD. I installed the latest drivers 301.42 for my card and installed D3.

I still get the same error: black screen, no signal when attempting to run the game.

Is it possible that D3 did something to my cards? I was not having any trouble prior to installing and running D3.
I just did a clean system install from my computer builder's restore CD. I installed the latest drivers 301.42 for my card and installed D3.

I still get the same error: black screen, no signal when attempting to run the game.

Is it possible that D3 did something to my cards? I was not having any trouble prior to installing and running D3.

Posted 06/12/2012 02:23 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top