Nothing above 285.62 works properly (just fyi...) Nvidia, your work is needed.
As stated, I have had no luck with any drivers newer than 285.62, and it has something to do with the modifications that were made regarding display recognition and set-up (control panel options were clearly modified, as well).

I am currently running two displays; one is an Acer on DVI (monitor 1) that is perfectly, properly recognized when 285.62 is installed. When newer drivers are (clean, and with Driver Sweeper having been run) installed, the monitor is no longer recognized (except as a generic "digital display" [that no longer supports 1080p, of course]). Unfortunately, the monitor will display nothing, no matter what display mode the PC is in ("projector only," "computer only," "extend," "duplicate"), even though the monitor's power light is blue (meaning signal is supposedly incoming).

Problem 2: *certain* games are not running properly over monitor 2 (1080p TV over DVI to HDMI) anymore (where they ran perfectly with 285.62). While difficult to explain, they are running in 1080i (though the monitor is set to 1080p, and runs at 1080p while doing everything but gaming fullscreen), and the screen for some odd reason develops some sort of black-level issue where brightness is increased five-fold. This issue (both resolution and brightness) can occasionally be resolved by toggling V-sync back and forth a few times, most notably with Crysis, Crysis 2, and Far Cry 2.

Both of these driver-killing problems are solved by erasing all traces of newer drivers, physically removing and reseating both cards, and reinstalling 285.62.

Nvidia, please fix these issues immediately. I'm running an SLI set-up, and therefore depend on newer SLI profiles as they are released (but prefer being able to use both monitors, ultimately...).

I am stuck at 285.62 until these problems are resolved.
As stated, I have had no luck with any drivers newer than 285.62, and it has something to do with the modifications that were made regarding display recognition and set-up (control panel options were clearly modified, as well).

I am currently running two displays; one is an Acer on DVI (monitor 1) that is perfectly, properly recognized when 285.62 is installed. When newer drivers are (clean, and with Driver Sweeper having been run) installed, the monitor is no longer recognized (except as a generic "digital display" [that no longer supports 1080p, of course]). Unfortunately, the monitor will display nothing, no matter what display mode the PC is in ("projector only," "computer only," "extend," "duplicate"), even though the monitor's power light is blue (meaning signal is supposedly incoming).

Problem 2: *certain* games are not running properly over monitor 2 (1080p TV over DVI to HDMI) anymore (where they ran perfectly with 285.62). While difficult to explain, they are running in 1080i (though the monitor is set to 1080p, and runs at 1080p while doing everything but gaming fullscreen), and the screen for some odd reason develops some sort of black-level issue where brightness is increased five-fold. This issue (both resolution and brightness) can occasionally be resolved by toggling V-sync back and forth a few times, most notably with Crysis, Crysis 2, and Far Cry 2.

Both of these driver-killing problems are solved by erasing all traces of newer drivers, physically removing and reseating both cards, and reinstalling 285.62.

Nvidia, please fix these issues immediately. I'm running an SLI set-up, and therefore depend on newer SLI profiles as they are released (but prefer being able to use both monitors, ultimately...).

I am stuck at 285.62 until these problems are resolved.

2500k @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.28v peak (variable; all power-saving features on)
Zalman 10X Performa
2x (SLI) MSI 670 PE
P67A-UD4-B3
8GB G-Skill 1333 (stock-clocked)
TP-750 Blue ("new")
Vertex 3 60GB (and WD10EADS for storage)
NZXT Guardian 921RB-BL with 2-meter blue LED set, NZXT 2000RPM 140mm (top), and Scythe Slim 2000RPM (side)
46" 1080p television (primary [for gaming], HDMI), Acer P215H (live monitoring, DVI)

Posted 04/21/2012 02:59 AM   
Yeah i Had problems with recognizin my monitor with 301.24, i Hade to modify the EDID to Fix.
It was very anoying.
Nvidia should be more carefull with these Problems, its extremely anoying, until you find the correct solution you can keep suffering.
Yeah i Had problems with recognizin my monitor with 301.24, i Hade to modify the EDID to Fix.

It was very anoying.

Nvidia should be more carefull with these Problems, its extremely anoying, until you find the correct solution you can keep suffering.

Posted 04/23/2012 01:07 AM   
Same issue. I had the October drivers installed and everything ran smoothly on my 570. When I tried the Diablo 3 beta it said I should update my drivers, so I did. Now Borderlands and Dungeon Defenders have an incredible amount of jerky/lag whereas they used to run completely smooth for me. I attempted to go back to 285.62 and I cannot seem to recover from this. Please help!
Same issue. I had the October drivers installed and everything ran smoothly on my 570. When I tried the Diablo 3 beta it said I should update my drivers, so I did. Now Borderlands and Dungeon Defenders have an incredible amount of jerky/lag whereas they used to run completely smooth for me. I attempted to go back to 285.62 and I cannot seem to recover from this. Please help!

Posted 04/23/2012 01:27 AM   
It's like they throw off OLD Solutions, just care about the new Games.
If i wanted just new games i would buy a Console not a PC, its ridiculous to have a PC that can play new games and can't play the old ones.
It's like someone that can Pilot an airplane and Can't Drive a Car.
It's like they throw off OLD Solutions, just care about the new Games.

If i wanted just new games i would buy a Console not a PC, its ridiculous to have a PC that can play new games and can't play the old ones.

It's like someone that can Pilot an airplane and Can't Drive a Car.

Posted 04/23/2012 01:36 AM   
[quote name='nickdis' date='22 April 2012 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1335144431' post='1399631']
[/quote]

Hey, did you uninstall everything "Nvidia" via control panel (windows control panel), run Driver Sweeper (check off the three Nvidia items), physically reinstall any and all graphics cards (this matters), reboot, then reinstall 285.62? Turning off automatic Windows updates (prior to step one) is also a necessity (to prevent reinstalling the newer driver automatically). I've saved a copy of 285.62 on a USB stick, just in case they remove it from geforce.com for any reason. Never know.
[quote name='nickdis' date='22 April 2012 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1335144431' post='1399631']

Hey, did you uninstall everything "Nvidia" via control panel (windows control panel), run Driver Sweeper (check off the three Nvidia items), physically reinstall any and all graphics cards (this matters), reboot, then reinstall 285.62? Turning off automatic Windows updates (prior to step one) is also a necessity (to prevent reinstalling the newer driver automatically). I've saved a copy of 285.62 on a USB stick, just in case they remove it from geforce.com for any reason. Never know.

Zalman 10X Performa
2x (SLI) MSI 670 PE
P67A-UD4-B3
TP-750 Blue ("new")
NZXT Guardian 921RB-BL with 2-meter blue LED set, NZXT 2000RPM 140mm (top), and Scythe Slim 2000RPM (side)
46" 1080p television (primary [for gaming], HDMI), Acer P215H (live monitoring, DVI)

Posted 04/23/2012 05:35 PM   
[quote name='unwittingnemesis' date='23 April 2012 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1335202507' post='1399931']
[/quote]
I uninstalled the graphics driver and then booted in safe mode and ran Driver Sweeper, checking off the graphics driver and physx driver. I left the chipset driver alone. Do I need to reinstall that as well? Also, I did not reseat the card. Is reseating necessary?
[quote name='unwittingnemesis' date='23 April 2012 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1335202507' post='1399931']

I uninstalled the graphics driver and then booted in safe mode and ran Driver Sweeper, checking off the graphics driver and physx driver. I left the chipset driver alone. Do I need to reinstall that as well? Also, I did not reseat the card. Is reseating necessary?

Posted 04/24/2012 01:20 AM   
[quote name='nickdis' date='23 April 2012 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1335230425' post='1400121']
[/quote]

Yes and Yes. Driver-sweep (all three Nvidia options), physically remove and reseat the card (I couldn't get my monitor to work until after doing so, believe it or not), then reinstall 285.62 after rebooting. Be sure, though, that Windows will not automatically reinstall on reboot (believe me, it's the first thing that will happen unless you tell Windows not to do it [before rebooting]).
[quote name='nickdis' date='23 April 2012 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1335230425' post='1400121']

Yes and Yes. Driver-sweep (all three Nvidia options), physically remove and reseat the card (I couldn't get my monitor to work until after doing so, believe it or not), then reinstall 285.62 after rebooting. Be sure, though, that Windows will not automatically reinstall on reboot (believe me, it's the first thing that will happen unless you tell Windows not to do it [before rebooting]).

Zalman 10X Performa
2x (SLI) MSI 670 PE
P67A-UD4-B3
TP-750 Blue ("new")

Posted 04/24/2012 01:27 AM   
me too, and I'm afraid we won't be able to upgrade anymore :(
me too, and I'm afraid we won't be able to upgrade anymore :(

ECS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 TI @ DEFAULT SPEED

INTEL CORE I7 2600 @ DEFAULT SPEED

INTEL DH67BL

4 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333 MHZ

LG E2241 @ 1080P (ANALOG D-SUB)

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32-BITS

REALTEK HD AUDIO

Posted 04/24/2012 04:36 AM   
Thank you so much for saying I needed to reseat my video card! Not sure why this happened, but apparently right around the time I upgraded my nVidia drivers 3 of my 4 cpu heatsink+fan clips broke. Fortunately, I had the stock Intel heatsink+fan combo sitting in my closet and was able to immediately recover.

The results are that the old driver still works, and updating to the new drivers also work for me. Sorry for your plight guys, but I am working well now.

Thanks again!
Thank you so much for saying I needed to reseat my video card! Not sure why this happened, but apparently right around the time I upgraded my nVidia drivers 3 of my 4 cpu heatsink+fan clips broke. Fortunately, I had the stock Intel heatsink+fan combo sitting in my closet and was able to immediately recover.

The results are that the old driver still works, and updating to the new drivers also work for me. Sorry for your plight guys, but I am working well now.

Thanks again!

Posted 04/25/2012 08:17 PM   
I have the same problems , I can only install the drivers and software on my disc that came with the EVGA 480GTX. Anything new I download from the Nvidia site, wont install, I get "failed".
I have the same problems , I can only install the drivers and software on my disc that came with the EVGA 480GTX. Anything new I download from the Nvidia site, wont install, I get "failed".

Posted 04/28/2012 03:50 PM   
[quote name='alan1476' date='28 April 2012 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1335628257' post='1401959']
[/quote]

Try uninstalling everything "Nvidia," Driver Sweeper (all three Nvidia options), turn off automatic Windows Updating, physically reseat the card, reboot and try reinstalling. Make sure you're downloading the appropriate bit version (64 or 32) as well, as they're separate downloads.
[quote name='alan1476' date='28 April 2012 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1335628257' post='1401959']

Try uninstalling everything "Nvidia," Driver Sweeper (all three Nvidia options), turn off automatic Windows Updating, physically reseat the card, reboot and try reinstalling. Make sure you're downloading the appropriate bit version (64 or 32) as well, as they're separate downloads.

Zalman 10X Performa
2x (SLI) MSI 670 PE
P67A-UD4-B3
TP-750 Blue ("new")

Posted 04/28/2012 04:04 PM   
[quote name='unwittingnemesis' date='28 April 2012 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1335629043' post='1401963']
[/quote]
I did all of that but not in that order, I will try it your way and thankyou for taking the time to help me.
[quote name='unwittingnemesis' date='28 April 2012 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1335629043' post='1401963']

I did all of that but not in that order, I will try it your way and thankyou for taking the time to help me.

Posted 04/28/2012 08:17 PM   
Scroll To Top