Second monitor goes blank (GeForce GT320) After a few minutes of use, but still works OK when turned
Hi
I have two monitors set up on a GeForce GT320, and for some reason the second monitor (Acer AL2216W) has started to just go blank after a few minutes of operation. I can switch it off & on again & its fine for a short while then goes blank again.

I don't think its the monitor, and suspect the Video Card.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this please?

(I have all the most up to date drivers for the Video card and the monitor)

Thanks in advance
Hi

I have two monitors set up on a GeForce GT320, and for some reason the second monitor (Acer AL2216W) has started to just go blank after a few minutes of operation. I can switch it off & on again & its fine for a short while then goes blank again.

I don't think its the monitor, and suspect the Video Card.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this please?

(I have all the most up to date drivers for the Video card and the monitor)

Thanks in advance

Posted 04/20/2012 10:18 PM   
Hi and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

Issues like this are typically not drivers/software related and almost always due to a bad cable and/or adaptor.

Would suggest trying a different cable as the first thing to try, and more often then not that will fix this.
Hi and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

Issues like this are typically not drivers/software related and almost always due to a bad cable and/or adaptor.

Would suggest trying a different cable as the first thing to try, and more often then not that will fix this.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/20/2012 11:07 PM   
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='20 April 2012 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1334963262' post='1398909']

[/quote]

Hi Joshua
OK I'll check those.
What are the chances that the monitor is faulty? (do they "die" like this, or do they just normally stop working altogether. When it is on, the image quality is as good as ever.

thanks
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='20 April 2012 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1334963262' post='1398909']

Hi Joshua

OK I'll check those.

What are the chances that the monitor is faulty? (do they "die" like this, or do they just normally stop working altogether. When it is on, the image quality is as good as ever.

thanks

Posted 04/20/2012 11:16 PM   
Scroll To Top