card problems need help
have emachine w3653 bios won't read pci card vt-x1550pci256 or geforce 8400 gs pci card using 400watt power supply with 22 on the 12+ rail. when i go to device manager with card in using onboard video it finds both cards (installed seperately) .... there's no bios update , doesn't matter what video settings are used in bios , os is xp pro sp3
os reads it but the mobo bios won't any idea's would help no video on card
have emachine w3653 bios won't read pci card vt-x1550pci256 or geforce 8400 gs pci card using 400watt power supply with 22 on the 12+ rail. when i go to device manager with card in using onboard video it finds both cards (installed seperately) .... there's no bios update , doesn't matter what video settings are used in bios , os is xp pro sp3

os reads it but the mobo bios won't any idea's would help no video on card

Posted 04/20/2012 02:42 PM   
If its being read in the OS, then it essentially is being read by the BIOS as well.

Check the Motherboard for a possible JUMPER to disable the onboard GPU if there are no settings in the BIOS....Generally there is a VGA First Boot priority option.
If its being read in the OS, then it essentially is being read by the BIOS as well.

Check the Motherboard for a possible JUMPER to disable the onboard GPU if there are no settings in the BIOS....Generally there is a VGA First Boot priority option.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/21/2012 12:39 AM   
Scroll To Top