Confine Windows Taskbar to Center Surround Buggy Can I disable it?
I'm running SLI 680 GTXs in 2d surround with 301.10 drivers. The confine windows taskbar to center is nice and all, but it doesn't work right. It always shows up on top of everything else including games. I have to alt-tab a few times until it disappears completely(which is another problem in itself.) When playing youtube videos full screen it covers the controls. My question; is there anyway to disable this feature? I've scoured nvidia control panel's many tabs with no luck.
I'm running SLI 680 GTXs in 2d surround with 301.10 drivers. The confine windows taskbar to center is nice and all, but it doesn't work right. It always shows up on top of everything else including games. I have to alt-tab a few times until it disappears completely(which is another problem in itself.) When playing youtube videos full screen it covers the controls. My question; is there anyway to disable this feature? I've scoured nvidia control panel's many tabs with no luck.

Building a new rig is almost as good as sex.

Posted 04/20/2012 05:00 AM   
hello
i'm having the same troubles
i have to unlock the task bar and move it to monitor 1 so its out of the way of YouTube videos
it will not auto hide as well

******UPDATE*******
had to disable this in nvidia control panel menu:

desktop
surround display
confine taskbar to center display.
hello

i'm having the same troubles

i have to unlock the task bar and move it to monitor 1 so its out of the way of YouTube videos

it will not auto hide as well

******UPDATE*******

had to disable this in nvidia control panel menu:

desktop

surround display

confine taskbar to center display.

Posted 04/21/2012 02:58 AM   
Ah, that works for now I suppose. Yes, it will not auto-hide or move to the side or top of a monitor either when changing those options in windows taskbar settings. It also changes the right side of my windows start menu black.
Ah, that works for now I suppose. Yes, it will not auto-hide or move to the side or top of a monitor either when changing those options in windows taskbar settings. It also changes the right side of my windows start menu black.

Building a new rig is almost as good as sex.

Posted 04/21/2012 03:20 AM   
I have the opposie problem with the task bar.When I click the Start button it hides behind everything, so I have to move all open windows out of the way then click on the start menu so I can see the contents. Also the right hand side of the start menu is all black except for the names.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1443/desktopal.jpg
I have the opposie problem with the task bar.When I click the Start button it hides behind everything, so I have to move all open windows out of the way then click on the start menu so I can see the contents. Also the right hand side of the start menu is all black except for the names.

Posted 04/23/2012 08:59 PM   
I have the same problem. When I have it in either confine to center monitor or span across all displays, my Start Menu is now hiding behind any window that is over it, rather than taking priority and appearing on top of the window like it used to.
I have the same problem. When I have it in either confine to center monitor or span across all displays, my Start Menu is now hiding behind any window that is over it, rather than taking priority and appearing on top of the window like it used to.

Posted 04/24/2012 05:27 AM   
[quote name='GTRedx69' date='23 April 2012 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1335214780' post='1400031']

[/quote]
I got the same problem. Glad to hear that I'm not alone! Seems like it can bug out in different ways
[quote name='GTRedx69' date='23 April 2012 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1335214780' post='1400031']

I got the same problem. Glad to hear that I'm not alone! Seems like it can bug out in different ways

Posted 05/10/2012 09:57 PM   
Same here, CUZ11N workaround is kinda problematic cause half of the task-bar is on the left screen and half of it is on the right screen.

guess you could switch between the 2 settings just before you decide to watch something.

Its kinda weird Nvidia has not fixed this issue.
Same here, CUZ11N workaround is kinda problematic cause half of the task-bar is on the left screen and half of it is on the right screen.

guess you could switch between the 2 settings just before you decide to watch something.

Its kinda weird Nvidia has not fixed this issue.

Computer Specs

CPU: i5 2500K (oc 4.6ghz)

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10x

Mobo: Gigabyte P67A UD4

GPU: Gigabyte GTX570 x 2 (oc 900mhz)

RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 16gb 1600mhz

HDD: OCZ Vertex 2 120gb

HDD: WD Green 2gb

HDD: Samsung 500gb

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875watt

Posted 05/17/2012 01:32 AM   
I would like to add that it doesn't behave properly when the taskbar is set to hide automatically. Windows get placed beneath the taskbar, but the taskbar never hides.
I would like to add that it doesn't behave properly when the taskbar is set to hide automatically. Windows get placed beneath the taskbar, but the taskbar never hides.

Posted 06/01/2012 05:53 PM   
Scroll To Top