SLI woes relating to BSOD. Pertains to everybody in this forum!
I suspect I am being prey to the dreaded SLI BSOD that is affecting most of the people in this forum. The symptoms are as follow: I start a program that uses SLI (Uniheaven or a video game for example), and the screen freezes or sometimes the computer restarts with an error code. At this point the SLI option on Nvidia Settings control menu becomes unavailable, requiring a reset to become visible again.

I have tried every imaginable thing to fix this problem; for the past three months and cannot find a way to solve it (rolled drivers, started a new windows). It is not any of my GPU's, PSU, motherboard or RAM since I have carefully troubleshot all these components. Many people on this forum suspect the problem is rooted on Nvidia's drivers and incompatibility with Realtek drivers. I have not been able to confirm this, however my problems started when Win7 decided to upgrade to SP1, and downloaded new drivers for the Realtek LAN. Before this event, the computer worked perfectly and was able to play games with SLI enabled (as a matter of fact I was able to play all of Assassin's Creed 2 on Sli and 3d with no problems before this mysterious illment). Please elaborate on this matter since most people seem to have this problem without realizing it all has one core issue.

Moreover, with this topic I would like to appeal to Nvidia to support us, their core customers and supporters, if this is indeed a driver and/or software issue. I have 2 Gpu's ($500+), 3d ready monitor ($400) and 3d glasses kit ($150), and I can't even play five seconds of any of my video games. This is absurd. If this were the case, Nvidia should acknowledge the problem so that it could start working on a solution. It is only fair treatment for us the customers and loyal fans or the company who decided not to go for the competition AMD.

Any feedback would be appreciated and I thank you in advance for your attention.

Karflo!
I suspect I am being prey to the dreaded SLI BSOD that is affecting most of the people in this forum. The symptoms are as follow: I start a program that uses SLI (Uniheaven or a video game for example), and the screen freezes or sometimes the computer restarts with an error code. At this point the SLI option on Nvidia Settings control menu becomes unavailable, requiring a reset to become visible again.

I have tried every imaginable thing to fix this problem; for the past three months and cannot find a way to solve it (rolled drivers, started a new windows). It is not any of my GPU's, PSU, motherboard or RAM since I have carefully troubleshot all these components. Many people on this forum suspect the problem is rooted on Nvidia's drivers and incompatibility with Realtek drivers. I have not been able to confirm this, however my problems started when Win7 decided to upgrade to SP1, and downloaded new drivers for the Realtek LAN. Before this event, the computer worked perfectly and was able to play games with SLI enabled (as a matter of fact I was able to play all of Assassin's Creed 2 on Sli and 3d with no problems before this mysterious illment). Please elaborate on this matter since most people seem to have this problem without realizing it all has one core issue.

Moreover, with this topic I would like to appeal to Nvidia to support us, their core customers and supporters, if this is indeed a driver and/or software issue. I have 2 Gpu's ($500+), 3d ready monitor ($400) and 3d glasses kit ($150), and I can't even play five seconds of any of my video games. This is absurd. If this were the case, Nvidia should acknowledge the problem so that it could start working on a solution. It is only fair treatment for us the customers and loyal fans or the company who decided not to go for the competition AMD.

Any feedback would be appreciated and I thank you in advance for your attention.

Karflo!

Posted 04/20/2012 01:16 AM   
Can you please post the details of your system...?

I run SLI and face no such issues myself... It's not universal.
Maybe a little late and appreciate your concern!

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
GPU: GTX 550Ti (2x)
PSU: Corsair AX850
RAM: Corsair Vengeance and Kingston (totalling 16Gb)
Sound card: Creative X-Fi Ti

Have all latest drivers.

Updated to driver 301.24 and now my computer does not recognize my second GPU.

This is getting extremely frustrating.. I have not been able to play games in months now trying to fix this problem. Again, I used to be able to play with SLI enabled a couple of months ago and, as far as I know, my hardware is working properly. People with different hardware are having the same problem and Nvidia does not seem to bother one bit with this situation. Wondering if people with a Crossfire system are having similar problems. Thank you
Maybe a little late and appreciate your concern!

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe

GPU: GTX 550Ti (2x)

PSU: Corsair AX850

RAM: Corsair Vengeance and Kingston (totalling 16Gb)

Sound card: Creative X-Fi Ti

Have all latest drivers.

Updated to driver 301.24 and now my computer does not recognize my second GPU.

This is getting extremely frustrating.. I have not been able to play games in months now trying to fix this problem. Again, I used to be able to play with SLI enabled a couple of months ago and, as far as I know, my hardware is working properly. People with different hardware are having the same problem and Nvidia does not seem to bother one bit with this situation. Wondering if people with a Crossfire system are having similar problems. Thank you

Posted 05/13/2012 06:19 AM   
Bumping.

This IS a wide spread problem and seems to affect people with different type of motherboards. People, please realize this is a bigger problem. Is there a way to contact Nvidia directly?
Bumping.

This IS a wide spread problem and seems to affect people with different type of motherboards. People, please realize this is a bigger problem. Is there a way to contact Nvidia directly?

Posted 05/23/2012 03:56 AM   
[quote name='Karflo' date='23 May 2012 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1337745368' post='1412000']
Bumping.

[/quote]

Hi there,

I run the Asus Maximus IV gene-z motherboard and 2 Asus GTX 560Ti's in SLI and I had the same problem, as soon as a program or game used SLI I'd get a BSOD ranging from PAGE_ERROR_IN_NONPAGE_AREA to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I did EVERYTHING, uninstalling drivers, ccleaning drivers, reinstall windows etc.

What fixed my problem is I switched the PhysX setting from Auto (or the 2nd card which also caused a BSOD) to the 1st card (but not dedicated).

I think when its auto or when its set to the 2nd card, there are memory accessing issues, thus resulting in the blue screens.
But this is all academic, and I hope this possible fix helps you.

-G-
[quote name='Karflo' date='23 May 2012 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1337745368' post='1412000']

Bumping.

Hi there,

I run the Asus Maximus IV gene-z motherboard and 2 Asus GTX 560Ti's in SLI and I had the same problem, as soon as a program or game used SLI I'd get a BSOD ranging from PAGE_ERROR_IN_NONPAGE_AREA to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I did EVERYTHING, uninstalling drivers, ccleaning drivers, reinstall windows etc.

What fixed my problem is I switched the PhysX setting from Auto (or the 2nd card which also caused a BSOD) to the 1st card (but not dedicated).

I think when its auto or when its set to the 2nd card, there are memory accessing issues, thus resulting in the blue screens.

But this is all academic, and I hope this possible fix helps you.

-G-

Posted 05/24/2012 09:14 PM   
months ago i mentioned on here that it seems related to 2nd generation i7 i5 i3 mother boards as i have not heard this happening on X58 i7 boards which i have. but when i posted my thoughts on the 2nd gen i7 i5 i3 everyone laughed.
just my thoughts on this issue. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
months ago i mentioned on here that it seems related to 2nd generation i7 i5 i3 mother boards as i have not heard this happening on X58 i7 boards which i have. but when i posted my thoughts on the 2nd gen i7 i5 i3 everyone laughed.

just my thoughts on this issue. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Corsair C70 case, ASUS Sabertooth X58,Intel i7 970 6 core cpu, 24gigs Avant memory, PNY GTX 680 4GB, Corsair AX1200 psu with sleeved cables, Sound Blaster Z, 2 LG Blu-Ray, 2 Crucial M500 120GB SSD, 1 Seagate 500GB HDD, 1 Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB HDD, Microsoft SideWinder X4 keyboard, Corsair M65 mouse, Xbox 360 controller, Logitech 5.1 speakers, LG 27" IPS LED monitor, 3 Noctua 120mm fans, 2 Noctua 140mm fans, 1 Noctua 92mm fan, Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO cpu cooler. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. GPU has a small overclock by me.

Posted 05/25/2012 01:43 AM   
moved my post, wasn't too relevant here.
moved my post, wasn't too relevant here.

Posted 05/25/2012 11:52 AM   
Update....

Update the Nvidia drivers and assigned the Physx settings to a card as oppsed to auto. Now my games start, and I can here the music playing but the screen flickers with color.
Update....

Update the Nvidia drivers and assigned the Physx settings to a card as oppsed to auto. Now my games start, and I can here the music playing but the screen flickers with color.

Posted 06/10/2012 08:44 PM   
Interesting. I can't see how PhysX would have anything to do with this being that so few games actually use it. Have you tried disabling PhysX completely (set it to "CPU") in the NVCP? Again, I have no idea why it would matter but if what you say is true, you may want to give it a shot.
Interesting. I can't see how PhysX would have anything to do with this being that so few games actually use it. Have you tried disabling PhysX completely (set it to "CPU") in the NVCP? Again, I have no idea why it would matter but if what you say is true, you may want to give it a shot.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 06/10/2012 09:10 PM   
Scroll To Top