A strange problem.
I really don't know how to explain this, so here is a picture of the issue:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/892xE.jpg[/img]
As you can see, there are red/yellow blotches where (shadows?) should be.
This happens on many other games, not just Garry's Mod.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
I really don't know how to explain this, so here is a picture of the issue:

As you can see, there are red/yellow blotches where (shadows?) should be.

This happens on many other games, not just Garry's Mod.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Posted 04/18/2012 06:37 PM   
No one?
No one?

Posted 04/18/2012 10:39 PM   
Can someone please help me???
Can someone please help me???

Posted 04/29/2012 09:04 PM   
Why is everyone ignoring this thread?
Why is everyone ignoring this thread?

Posted 04/30/2012 12:25 AM   
Hi Trundle, and welcome to the forums. Near Tullamore?

You must make a signature of your system. We need to know everything that makes up your computer.

That also includes your Graphics card driver. The problem, I think, is related to a problem with your video driver.

I'm not an expert, or even wise about what is best, but you obviously need some information.

Put together a sig and somebody here may be able to help.

Big C ......... [well I am a cannon]
Hi Trundle, and welcome to the forums. Near Tullamore?

You must make a signature of your system. We need to know everything that makes up your computer.

That also includes your Graphics card driver. The problem, I think, is related to a problem with your video driver.

I'm not an expert, or even wise about what is best, but you obviously need some information.

Put together a sig and somebody here may be able to help.

Big C ......... [well I am a cannon]

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 . AMDPhenom2 X4 965(w/c)@ 3.877Ghz 8G Corsair 1600 DDR3. EVGA 670FTW, Nvidia 314.22 dr, 320g + 500g sata, win7 pro(SP1). Kandalf tower. Corsair HX850w PSU. LG Flatron W2442PA monitor. Onboard sound.

Posted 04/30/2012 01:23 AM   
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver version 301.24
CPU - Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
Ram - 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3
1920 x 1080 monitor
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver version 301.24

CPU - Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz

Ram - 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3

1920 x 1080 monitor

Posted 04/30/2012 01:30 AM   
I would have responded way back, but I see nothing unusual in the picture, The only colours are in the fonts. Other than that it's all shades of grey.
I would have responded way back, but I see nothing unusual in the picture, The only colours are in the fonts. Other than that it's all shades of grey.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 04/30/2012 01:35 AM   
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='29 April 2012 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1335749726' post='1402455']
[/quote]

Hm. So you don't see any blood red colors on the walls? My monitor then? .-.
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='29 April 2012 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1335749726' post='1402455']

Hm. So you don't see any blood red colors on the walls? My monitor then? .-.

Posted 04/30/2012 01:47 AM   
No, mate. The nearest thing to red is the skull and Xbones. Maybe it is the monitor.
Sorry about not posting earlier, I thought i was missing something and someone else would drop in.
No, mate. The nearest thing to red is the skull and Xbones. Maybe it is the monitor.

Sorry about not posting earlier, I thought i was missing something and someone else would drop in.

Posted 04/30/2012 02:17 AM   
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='29 April 2012 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1335752221' post='1402469']
[/quote]
I hope ASUS has good costumer support then. Thanks man!
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='29 April 2012 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1335752221' post='1402469']

I hope ASUS has good costumer support then. Thanks man!

Posted 04/30/2012 02:32 AM   
Been thinking more about your comment that it only happens in games -
No colour problems your desktop, videos and photos then ? Maybe you can verify if it's the monitor by darkening a photo, so it's mostly black and grey .
If they are good it may be your diver installation is corrupt or the graphics card is doing something wrong in 3D mode (games).
You may want to try doing a careful complete uninstall, and reinstall of your drivers, to help determine if it is hardware.
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555"]THIS[/url]- link may be useful.

I would not recommend trying a lot of different drivers, but there are a few post on these forums regarding colour anomalies, with various versions, and trying one of the other drivers seems to help some people.
Which one I can't say as I've never had any issues that I could pin on the drivers themselves, but of the recent drivers, I've used the 275.33 - 295.73 and am using the 296.10 currently (only the past couple of days though)with no issues.

No colour problems your desktop, videos and photos then ? Maybe you can verify if it's the monitor by darkening a photo, so it's mostly black and grey .

If they are good it may be your diver installation is corrupt or the graphics card is doing something wrong in 3D mode (games).

You may want to try doing a careful complete uninstall, and reinstall of your drivers, to help determine if it is hardware.

THIS- link may be useful.

I would not recommend trying a lot of different drivers, but there are a few post on these forums regarding colour anomalies, with various versions, and trying one of the other drivers seems to help some people.

Which one I can't say as I've never had any issues that I could pin on the drivers themselves, but of the recent drivers, I've used the 275.33 - 295.73 and am using the 296.10 currently (only the past couple of days though)with no issues.

Posted 04/30/2012 04:03 AM   
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='29 April 2012 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1335758583' post='1402484']
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555"]THIS[/url]- link may be useful.

[/quote]
I tried driver sweeper. Did not fix it.
So does that confirm it's my monitor?
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='29 April 2012 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1335758583' post='1402484']

THIS- link may be useful.

I tried driver sweeper. Did not fix it.

So does that confirm it's my monitor?

Posted 05/01/2012 11:37 PM   
Well it does help in pointing in that direction, but you didn't say if your desktop or other dark non-game images have the same issue.
I assume the problem is still there if you see the colour anomalies in the photo you posted while viewing it on this site when I don't.

If that is the case then the monitor, or maybe just the cable, is suspect. Can you try another monitor or use your monitor on another machine to verify it's not the card ?
Well it does help in pointing in that direction, but you didn't say if your desktop or other dark non-game images have the same issue.

I assume the problem is still there if you see the colour anomalies in the photo you posted while viewing it on this site when I don't.

If that is the case then the monitor, or maybe just the cable, is suspect. Can you try another monitor or use your monitor on another machine to verify it's not the card ?

Posted 05/02/2012 07:52 AM   
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='02 May 2012 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1335945155' post='1403307']

[/quote]
So...I looked at this picture:
[img]http://thedarkglobe.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/earth-dark-globe8.jpg[/img]
and it's (pixelized?) in a way; but only in the dark areas.

If I'm not seeing things, there is some red and yellow in there too, like the picture in the first post.
Im pretty sure it's my monitor.
So check cables?
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='02 May 2012 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1335945155' post='1403307']

So...I looked at this picture:

and it's (pixelized?) in a way; but only in the dark areas.

If I'm not seeing things, there is some red and yellow in there too, like the picture in the first post.

Im pretty sure it's my monitor.

So check cables?

Posted 05/03/2012 02:19 AM   
Unless you're wearing funny glasses there is definitely something wrong. That picture looks fine at my end. The only pixelation is faint shades of grey/blue grey when enlarged.
I would guess the cable or the monitor, but the card/drivers is still not out of the equation.
Can't really know until you try a different cable, or try the monitor on another machine.
When you reinstalled the driver did you try a WHQL version ? A lot of people are having success with the 301.24 BETA, but
you should try the 295.73 just to be sure.
Unless you're wearing funny glasses there is definitely something wrong. That picture looks fine at my end. The only pixelation is faint shades of grey/blue grey when enlarged.

I would guess the cable or the monitor, but the card/drivers is still not out of the equation.

Can't really know until you try a different cable, or try the monitor on another machine.

When you reinstalled the driver did you try a WHQL version ? A lot of people are having success with the 301.24 BETA, but

you should try the 295.73 just to be sure.

Posted 05/03/2012 07:38 AM   
Scroll To Top