Addon to GTX-470
I currently have my custom built and I am looking to add on 2 monitors to my current 23." I already have one of them ordered and would like to get a second. Just for reference I currently have a 23" Vizio LED 1080p, and that will serve as my main screen. I am looking to add 2 Asus 21.5 Led 1080p monitors to it on either side.

Right now my dilemma is that I will need to add another graphics card onto the one I have to be able to run 2 monitors at once, and I am having a lot of trouble finding another 470 that isnt priced the same as when I first got it new over a year ago. Any suggestions on what I could add onto it that is affordable but will get the job done? I looked at a 550 Ti but I want some input. Please let me know what you think.

Here is my set up.

8gb G Skills RipJaws RAM
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R MOBO
EVGA Nvidia GTX 470
Intel i7 Bloomfield 3.02gh/z
NZXT Lexa S Case
Zalman 120mm Heatsink
Antec TruePower 750w
I currently have my custom built and I am looking to add on 2 monitors to my current 23." I already have one of them ordered and would like to get a second. Just for reference I currently have a 23" Vizio LED 1080p, and that will serve as my main screen. I am looking to add 2 Asus 21.5 Led 1080p monitors to it on either side.

Right now my dilemma is that I will need to add another graphics card onto the one I have to be able to run 2 monitors at once, and I am having a lot of trouble finding another 470 that isnt priced the same as when I first got it new over a year ago. Any suggestions on what I could add onto it that is affordable but will get the job done? I looked at a 550 Ti but I want some input. Please let me know what you think.

Here is my set up.

8gb G Skills RipJaws RAM

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R MOBO

EVGA Nvidia GTX 470

Intel i7 Bloomfield 3.02gh/z

NZXT Lexa S Case

Zalman 120mm Heatsink

Antec TruePower 750w

Posted 04/18/2012 07:40 AM   
Scroll To Top