Reboot GPU how to reboot a GPU without rebooting the whole system
Hi everyone,
I am trying to find a way to reboot my GTX480 without rebooting the whole system. I can work both on windows and linux, but it is mandatory for my application to have the possibility to reboot the card. Mind that the GPU I want to reboot is NOT the primary graphic card of my PC.
What happens, normally, is that I have an application that uses the GPU, and the GPU at times freeze. Even if the application is killed, I cannot lunch it again as the GPU is not responding, and the only solution is to reboot the system. Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance!
kind Regards
Palin
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way to reboot my GTX480 without rebooting the whole system. I can work both on windows and linux, but it is mandatory for my application to have the possibility to reboot the card. Mind that the GPU I want to reboot is NOT the primary graphic card of my PC.

What happens, normally, is that I have an application that uses the GPU, and the GPU at times freeze. Even if the application is killed, I cannot lunch it again as the GPU is not responding, and the only solution is to reboot the system. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

kind Regards

Palin

Posted 04/17/2012 08:49 PM   
This Is The 1st Time Ever I Heard About A GPU Reboot.
If Such A Thing Does Exist It Will Be A Beautiful New Thing To Learn.

*i5 2500K, *Z68P-DS3, *4x4GB Ripjaws X, *Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1Gb *LG E2241T *Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
I Admit.. If Iv had it may Way... I'd Waste iT on.... PC Games!

Posted 04/19/2012 05:24 AM   
[quote name='1stcowgirl' date='19 April 2012 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1334813089' post='1398168']
[/quote]

Actually, I guess that having the full control of the PCI-E bus will allow the application to turn on or off the GPU. Maybe with NVAPI that can be achieved. Do you have any idea if that could work? Thanks!!
[quote name='1stcowgirl' date='19 April 2012 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1334813089' post='1398168']

Actually, I guess that having the full control of the PCI-E bus will allow the application to turn on or off the GPU. Maybe with NVAPI that can be achieved. Do you have any idea if that could work? Thanks!!

Posted 04/20/2012 06:47 PM   
Scroll To Top