nvidia dual monitor setup monitor not correctly recognised
I have an nvidia card with dual monitor setup, and 2 monitors from HP, LA2205wg AND L2208W. The problem is that it won't recognise the L2208w monitor and won't drive it at native 1680 x 1050 resolution. I have reinstalled the HP driver for the l2208w but it had no effect. Both monitors are connected using some strange displayport connectors (this is a work machine and I can't change much). The card is a NVIDIA quadro NVS 295. A colleague and I have tried everything but the monitor is still shown as a "Digital Display". .
The PC is an HPZ400 running Windows XP Professional (I cannot change this as the windows installation is set by my employer)

NB this problem has started yesterday. Before yesterday it was working fine.
I have an nvidia card with dual monitor setup, and 2 monitors from HP, LA2205wg AND L2208W. The problem is that it won't recognise the L2208w monitor and won't drive it at native 1680 x 1050 resolution. I have reinstalled the HP driver for the l2208w but it had no effect. Both monitors are connected using some strange displayport connectors (this is a work machine and I can't change much). The card is a NVIDIA quadro NVS 295. A colleague and I have tried everything but the monitor is still shown as a "Digital Display". .

The PC is an HPZ400 running Windows XP Professional (I cannot change this as the windows installation is set by my employer)

NB this problem has started yesterday. Before yesterday it was working fine.

Posted 04/17/2012 08:14 AM   
From your description, it could be a software issue. Since it was working fine earlier, I don't suspect any incompatibility problem in your setup.
Did you or Windows automatically updated your driver for the NVS-295? If so, what version is the graphics card driver?
From your description, it could be a software issue. Since it was working fine earlier, I don't suspect any incompatibility problem in your setup.

Did you or Windows automatically updated your driver for the NVS-295? If so, what version is the graphics card driver?

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 04/21/2012 12:41 AM   
Scroll To Top