GTX 280m sli driver options
I have an M17x R1 with dual 280m's in SLI. Is the only driver I can use is the OLD 257.38? I can install the 270.xx with no issues (but none newer) but it disables SLI on my cards. Interested in a newer modded driver if it is proven to work. Thanks in advance.

Also, GPU-Z is not showing the Physx box checked when I know these are capable cards, just wondering if I need to address that issue or it is just a formality with GPU-Z or not.
I have an M17x R1 with dual 280m's in SLI. Is the only driver I can use is the OLD 257.38? I can install the 270.xx with no issues (but none newer) but it disables SLI on my cards. Interested in a newer modded driver if it is proven to work. Thanks in advance.

Also, GPU-Z is not showing the Physx box checked when I know these are capable cards, just wondering if I need to address that issue or it is just a formality with GPU-Z or not.

Posted 04/16/2012 08:21 PM   
After much reading and bullsh*t...i've come to the conclusion that Nvidia will no longer be purchased in my household. I also decided to go to chat to find out why I cant get any sort of driver support, even if it is once every 6 months to a year....

Sanjib: Hi, my name is Sanjib. How may I help you?
Randy : I have an Alienware M17x with Hybrid Graphics ( Optimus technology )
Randy : Are there any newer drivers for my product?
Randy : My current drivers came out over 2 years ago.....
Randy : version 257.38
Sanjib: Which graphics card are you using?
Randy : gtx280m in SLI
Sanjib: I am sorry Randy, NVIDIA no longer supports Hybrid SLI,
Randy : Why would they put their technology in my $3000 laptop and then not support it?
Randy : Someone owes me some money I would think...
Sanjib: The primary source for graphics drivers is from your notebook OEM. These drivers have been fully qualified by the OEM to work with their specific notebook customizations. NVIDIA does not control the schedule for updates to these OEM drivers.
Randy : What do you mean "control schedule for updates"?
Randy : You just told me they abandoned me.
Randy : Do you expect Dell/Alienware to produce Nvidia drivers for you?
Randy : If so, why is your company in business?
Sanjib: No, what I am saying is that the technology called Hybrid SLI is no longer supported in NVIDIA graphics card drivers, but the primary source of contact of NVIDIA graphics card drivers for a laptop is laptop manufacturer.
Randy : Let me state this again....are you saying Alienware should produce Nvidia drivers for me?
Randy : Their job is complete..they put your product in my notebook....your job is to provide support for it..you damn sure took your cut when you sold them my cards...
Sanjib: Yes, NVIDIA offers only reference notebook driver updates on NVIDIA.com for laptops.
Sanjib: Please note that drivers direct from NVIDIA are provided “as is” and do not carry any guarantees, warranties, or support.
Sanjib: for Laptops*
Randy : Well no kidding, that would mean you would have to give even more support...that would be insane to offer that kind of service.
Randy : So Nvidia says, "Here try this and see if it works!!! If not were very sorry, good luck next time?"
Randy : So what your really telling me is to take this matter up with Dell directly?
Sanjib: Yes, I am sorry for the inconvenience, that you are going through and already tried the NVIDIA graphics card drivers listed in our website then you will have to check with Alienware for a suitable BIOS update so that you can install our drivers.
Randy : Thanks for all the support....that was sarcastic if you didn't catch that wiff...
You have disconnected.

So again...why the f*ck did they even bother to make a subforum for something they are never going to support again?
After much reading and bullsh*t...i've come to the conclusion that Nvidia will no longer be purchased in my household. I also decided to go to chat to find out why I cant get any sort of driver support, even if it is once every 6 months to a year....

Sanjib: Hi, my name is Sanjib. How may I help you?

Randy : I have an Alienware M17x with Hybrid Graphics ( Optimus technology )

Randy : Are there any newer drivers for my product?

Randy : My current drivers came out over 2 years ago.....

Randy : version 257.38

Sanjib: Which graphics card are you using?

Randy : gtx280m in SLI

Sanjib: I am sorry Randy, NVIDIA no longer supports Hybrid SLI,

Randy : Why would they put their technology in my $3000 laptop and then not support it?

Randy : Someone owes me some money I would think...

Sanjib: The primary source for graphics drivers is from your notebook OEM. These drivers have been fully qualified by the OEM to work with their specific notebook customizations. NVIDIA does not control the schedule for updates to these OEM drivers.

Randy : What do you mean "control schedule for updates"?

Randy : You just told me they abandoned me.

Randy : Do you expect Dell/Alienware to produce Nvidia drivers for you?

Randy : If so, why is your company in business?

Sanjib: No, what I am saying is that the technology called Hybrid SLI is no longer supported in NVIDIA graphics card drivers, but the primary source of contact of NVIDIA graphics card drivers for a laptop is laptop manufacturer.

Randy : Let me state this again....are you saying Alienware should produce Nvidia drivers for me?

Randy : Their job is complete..they put your product in my notebook....your job is to provide support for it..you damn sure took your cut when you sold them my cards...

Sanjib: Yes, NVIDIA offers only reference notebook driver updates on NVIDIA.com for laptops.

Sanjib: Please note that drivers direct from NVIDIA are provided “as is” and do not carry any guarantees, warranties, or support.

Sanjib: for Laptops*

Randy : Well no kidding, that would mean you would have to give even more support...that would be insane to offer that kind of service.

Randy : So Nvidia says, "Here try this and see if it works!!! If not were very sorry, good luck next time?"

Randy : So what your really telling me is to take this matter up with Dell directly?

Sanjib: Yes, I am sorry for the inconvenience, that you are going through and already tried the NVIDIA graphics card drivers listed in our website then you will have to check with Alienware for a suitable BIOS update so that you can install our drivers.

Randy : Thanks for all the support....that was sarcastic if you didn't catch that wiff...

You have disconnected.

So again...why the f*ck did they even bother to make a subforum for something they are never going to support again?

Posted 04/16/2012 11:52 PM   
Scroll To Top