Pc build help with motherboard furture pc build
Okay i been planing on doing this pc build for a while been reseaching what case and every thing , but i cant around this mother board. ASUS [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131736"]Sabertooth 990FX[/url] i need to know what cpu fan or cpu heatsink to get for it. plan to build a gaming pc for few good games . dont know if a cpu heatsink or cpu fan are the same or not.

also i pick out a case really but dont it will fit in the case

[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129087"]Antec DF-85 Black Steel[/url]

i like the look of it and dont want to cost too much lol
Okay i been planing on doing this pc build for a while been reseaching what case and every thing , but i cant around this mother board. ASUS Sabertooth 990FX i need to know what cpu fan or cpu heatsink to get for it. plan to build a gaming pc for few good games . dont know if a cpu heatsink or cpu fan are the same or not.

also i pick out a case really but dont it will fit in the case

Antec DF-85 Black Steel

i like the look of it and dont want to cost too much lol

Posted 04/16/2012 07:25 PM   
[quote name='Blaze_Stigma' date='16 April 2012 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1334604324' post='1397175']
Okay[b] I have[/b] been[b] planning[/b] on doing[[b]building[/b]] this pc build for a while. [b]I have[/b] been [b]researching[/b] what case and every thing, but [b]I came to this mother board:[/b] ASUS [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131736"]Sabertooth 990FX[/url] I need to know what cpu fan or cpu heatsink to get for it. [b]I [/b]plan to build a gaming pc for few good games, [b]but I[/b] dont know if a cpu heatsink or cpu fan are the same or not.

Also [b]I picked[/b] out a case, [b]but I dont really know if[/b] it will fit in the case: [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129087"]Antec DF-85 Black Steel[/url]

I like the look of it and dont want [b]it[/b] to cost too much lol
[/quote]

Heatsink sits ontop of the CPU, pulling the heat off of it. The Fan sits ontop of that pulling air through the Heatsink fins to cool them down.

What your really going to want is a HEATSINK/Fan combo as they generally come this way. Also, depending on the type of Processor[CPU] you purchase, it may have a generic one. Which works just fine if your not OC'ing.

Notice in the Name of both products you have linked, there is the same ATX, that means they will work together.

When you get the case, set the motherboard inside of it to figure out which holes on the mounting plate you will put STANDEES in. Youll need 1 for EVERY mounting hole on the motherboard and do not put any extras.

When I build a new computer, I build it first outside of the case, on a piece of cardboard, with only these items.....Motherboard, CPU, CPU Heatsink/Fan, PSU, 1 stick of Ram, Videocard, monitor....I then use a small screwdriver to touch the PWR pins to jump start the system.

If it doesnt start at this point, putting it in the case can add damage and complications.
If it does start, unplug it, put the same parts in the case and start it again with the start button.
If it doesnt start, check EVERYTHING again.
If it still doesnt start, you have a standee in the wrong spot or the wires to the case are wrong, or something is not connected properly.

If it didnt start with the original test, change ram sticks.
[quote name='Blaze_Stigma' date='16 April 2012 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1334604324' post='1397175']

Okay I have been planning on doing[building] this pc build for a while. I have been researching what case and every thing, but I came to this mother board: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX I need to know what cpu fan or cpu heatsink to get for it. I plan to build a gaming pc for few good games, but I dont know if a cpu heatsink or cpu fan are the same or not.

Also I picked out a case, but I dont really know if it will fit in the case: Antec DF-85 Black Steel

I like the look of it and dont want it to cost too much lol

Heatsink sits ontop of the CPU, pulling the heat off of it. The Fan sits ontop of that pulling air through the Heatsink fins to cool them down.

What your really going to want is a HEATSINK/Fan combo as they generally come this way. Also, depending on the type of Processor[CPU] you purchase, it may have a generic one. Which works just fine if your not OC'ing.

Notice in the Name of both products you have linked, there is the same ATX, that means they will work together.

When you get the case, set the motherboard inside of it to figure out which holes on the mounting plate you will put STANDEES in. Youll need 1 for EVERY mounting hole on the motherboard and do not put any extras.

When I build a new computer, I build it first outside of the case, on a piece of cardboard, with only these items.....Motherboard, CPU, CPU Heatsink/Fan, PSU, 1 stick of Ram, Videocard, monitor....I then use a small screwdriver to touch the PWR pins to jump start the system.

If it doesnt start at this point, putting it in the case can add damage and complications.

If it does start, unplug it, put the same parts in the case and start it again with the start button.

If it doesnt start, check EVERYTHING again.

If it still doesnt start, you have a standee in the wrong spot or the wires to the case are wrong, or something is not connected properly.

If it didnt start with the original test, change ram sticks.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/17/2012 12:54 AM   
Personally - If you didn't know the difference between a cpu fan/heatsink/cooler you need to do more homework.
Reading reviews for all the components is one step in that direction, and reading tutorials is another.
At the end of the day having more knowledge of what your are buying will get you a more suitable, and healthier machine.

That is a very tall case unless you have a [i]lot[/i] of HDD's. Depth (which it has enough of) is important to allow for long gpu's.
The DF-35 is the same depth, and still quite tall.
Personally - If you didn't know the difference between a cpu fan/heatsink/cooler you need to do more homework.

Reading reviews for all the components is one step in that direction, and reading tutorials is another.

At the end of the day having more knowledge of what your are buying will get you a more suitable, and healthier machine.

That is a very tall case unless you have a lot of HDD's. Depth (which it has enough of) is important to allow for long gpu's.

The DF-35 is the same depth, and still quite tall.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 04/17/2012 08:54 AM   
[quote name='Blaze_Stigma' date='16 April 2012 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1334604324' post='1397175']
[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129087"]Antec DF-85 Black Steel[/url]
[/quote]
[img]http://cdn.electricpig.com.s3-external-3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/oh-god-why.jpg[/img]

-----

Any special reason why you want to go with AMD 990FX platform ?
[quote name='Blaze_Stigma' date='16 April 2012 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1334604324' post='1397175']

Antec DF-85 Black Steel

-----

Any special reason why you want to go with AMD 990FX platform ?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 04/17/2012 08:57 PM   
I bet the answer is because he wants to. :)

You might make some suggestion if you think he is making a mistake.

I bet the answer is because he wants to. :)

You might make some suggestion if you think he is making a mistake.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/18/2012 12:56 AM   
Scroll To Top