Install Win7 64-bit on 680iLT
I want to try to get another year out of my system and since all of my other computers are now Win7 64-bit, I would like to install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on the 680i LT system (Gateway). I've spent 3 days searching and believe I have the procedures for having the necessary NVIDIA drivers to accompany the Win7 install. But the sources are circa 2008 and mention such things like floppy drives, etc. (MediaShield User's Guide Version 6.1 March 2008). Does anyone have a more current set of procedures for installing a new OS on the 680iLT motherboard (currently a RAID 0 configuration that I want to reconfigure to RAID 1)?
I want to try to get another year out of my system and since all of my other computers are now Win7 64-bit, I would like to install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on the 680i LT system (Gateway). I've spent 3 days searching and believe I have the procedures for having the necessary NVIDIA drivers to accompany the Win7 install. But the sources are circa 2008 and mention such things like floppy drives, etc. (MediaShield User's Guide Version 6.1 March 2008). Does anyone have a more current set of procedures for installing a new OS on the 680iLT motherboard (currently a RAID 0 configuration that I want to reconfigure to RAID 1)?

Posted 04/16/2012 03:17 PM   
these are the [url="http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforce-vista-win7-64bit-15.58-driver-uk.html"]latest drivers[/url] for that chipset.
you don't need floppy drive or anything, win7 will recognize your chipset and your raid by default. after the install, you can use/update to the above drivers if you wish.
these are the latest drivers for that chipset.

you don't need floppy drive or anything, win7 will recognize your chipset and your raid by default. after the install, you can use/update to the above drivers if you wish.
Posted 04/16/2012 05:41 PM   
Thanks for the quick response. Then as I understand it Win7 has the necessary drivers for the RAID configuration and that I can update them by installing the lastest NFORCE driver package after the OS installation (which is where I got what I thought was going to be needed by the Win7 install as external sources anyway). I would have bet that by now and you've indicated this is exactly the case, that the necessary RAID drivers are included in the installation program. Back in 2009, that was not the case which was also a problem with utilizing any backup program to recover a system (Norton Ghost 14 at the time) since they had no idea of the software RAID configuration.
Thanks for the quick response. Then as I understand it Win7 has the necessary drivers for the RAID configuration and that I can update them by installing the lastest NFORCE driver package after the OS installation (which is where I got what I thought was going to be needed by the Win7 install as external sources anyway). I would have bet that by now and you've indicated this is exactly the case, that the necessary RAID drivers are included in the installation program. Back in 2009, that was not the case which was also a problem with utilizing any backup program to recover a system (Norton Ghost 14 at the time) since they had no idea of the software RAID configuration.

Posted 04/16/2012 06:34 PM   
Scroll To Top