XFX 250 GTS Drivers Crashing
  1 / 2    
I purchased this product on June 20th 2011 expecting it to work and it has worked great until about 2-3 months ago. Since the new drivers came out my graphics drivers crash every time I try and stream a video like youtube. Sometimes it doesn't crash it just makes the video green and now if I go back to really old drivers or even use the new beta ones it still crashes. I want to know what is causing this and how I can fix it and fix it quick cause I have tried all of the different drivers and I have even re-installed windows twice to see if that was the issue and it isn't. I would like this to be fixed very soon because i am getting very pissed off and want this fixed because I use this for my own use and for my work computer.
I purchased this product on June 20th 2011 expecting it to work and it has worked great until about 2-3 months ago. Since the new drivers came out my graphics drivers crash every time I try and stream a video like youtube. Sometimes it doesn't crash it just makes the video green and now if I go back to really old drivers or even use the new beta ones it still crashes. I want to know what is causing this and how I can fix it and fix it quick cause I have tried all of the different drivers and I have even re-installed windows twice to see if that was the issue and it isn't. I would like this to be fixed very soon because i am getting very pissed off and want this fixed because I use this for my own use and for my work computer.

Posted 04/16/2012 06:28 AM   
It seem like we have the same problem:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=227526
It seem like we have the same problem:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=227526

Posted 04/17/2012 12:43 AM   
Oh really, did they fix it
Oh really, did they fix it

Posted 04/17/2012 01:24 AM   
nope
nope

Posted 04/17/2012 02:50 AM   
Hmm cause this is really pissing me off now
Hmm cause this is really pissing me off now

Posted 04/17/2012 05:18 AM   
It looks like we all have this problem. Frustrating is an understatement. Seriously Nvidia, what the hells up with this? I'm getting pissed off.
It looks like we all have this problem. Frustrating is an understatement. Seriously Nvidia, what the hells up with this? I'm getting pissed off.

Posted 04/17/2012 12:51 PM   
Okay this is really pissing me off now, its getting even worse nvidia please ****ing fix this or I will never buy from you guys again this is bull **** and has been going on for months
Okay this is really pissing me off now, its getting even worse nvidia please ****ing fix this or I will never buy from you guys again this is bull **** and has been going on for months

Posted 04/27/2012 03:26 AM   
I purchased my GTS 250 in autumn 2010 and if I knew how many problems I'm going to have and how little help I'd get from it's manufacturer, I'd certainly stay away from any Nvidia hardware.
It's been over a year since I began looking for possible solutions to random game (and sometimes even youtube vids) crashes that forced me to hard reset the whole computer. It happens ie. in Company of Heroes, and Team Fortress 2, I spent many hours digging all sorts of forums for solutions to this, but all I found was a growing number of people having the same problems, and virtualy no help from Nvidia support. What's even worse, newer driver versions seem to increase the number of applications Nvidia cards can't handle properly. All this makes me wonder if this company is run by halfwits or bunch of guys who just don't care.
The only thing I'm sure of after almost two years of "nvidia driver has crashed and recovered" is that in the future, I'll stay as far away from this company as humanly possible.
I purchased my GTS 250 in autumn 2010 and if I knew how many problems I'm going to have and how little help I'd get from it's manufacturer, I'd certainly stay away from any Nvidia hardware.

It's been over a year since I began looking for possible solutions to random game (and sometimes even youtube vids) crashes that forced me to hard reset the whole computer. It happens ie. in Company of Heroes, and Team Fortress 2, I spent many hours digging all sorts of forums for solutions to this, but all I found was a growing number of people having the same problems, and virtualy no help from Nvidia support. What's even worse, newer driver versions seem to increase the number of applications Nvidia cards can't handle properly. All this makes me wonder if this company is run by halfwits or bunch of guys who just don't care.

The only thing I'm sure of after almost two years of "nvidia driver has crashed and recovered" is that in the future, I'll stay as far away from this company as humanly possible.

Posted 04/27/2012 12:23 PM   
uninstall the latest drivers. starting with physx and 3d stereo and other nvidia utilies. then finally un-install the driver itself 296.10 from the control panel, uninstall programs. download an earlier WHQL driver and do not update until further notice!
uninstall the latest drivers. starting with physx and 3d stereo and other nvidia utilies. then finally un-install the driver itself 296.10 from the control panel, uninstall programs. download an earlier WHQL driver and do not update until further notice!

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz // Asus M4n98TD EVO BIOS ver. 1101 // 16GB DDR3 (4x4GB) @ 1333mhz // 500GB+250GB+120GB hard drives // GTX 460 786MB // PC Power n Cooling MKII Silencer 950W power supply // Antec 300 case // 19" westinghouse 1440x900 + lcd 19" 1280x1024 // win7 home prem sp1 64bit
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. - Proverbs 4:7
http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/
http://www.sabbathtruth.com/

Posted 04/27/2012 05:19 PM   
Seems to be the only answer because NVIDIA has planted their ass in the ground.
Seems to be the only answer because NVIDIA has planted their ass in the ground.

Posted 04/27/2012 11:55 PM   
NVIDIA please fix this problem, I've got the Geforce gts 250, and windows crashes constantly on youtube using 295.73 or later.
This problem seems to be fixed with the older 285.62 drivers. I have no problems at all with the geforce GTX 580 or the Geforce 9600gt.
NVIDIA please fix this problem, I've got the Geforce gts 250, and windows crashes constantly on youtube using 295.73 or later.

This problem seems to be fixed with the older 285.62 drivers. I have no problems at all with the geforce GTX 580 or the Geforce 9600gt.

Posted 05/07/2012 01:54 AM   
Well, I'm having the same problem. How could they release new drivers without fix these kind of problems...
Well, I'm having the same problem. How could they release new drivers without fix these kind of problems...

Posted 06/24/2012 09:20 PM   
I hope so,I hope for more than one year!!!!!!
I hope so,I hope for more than one year!!!!!!

Posted 01/14/2013 12:23 PM   
No news yet?
No news yet?

Posted 01/19/2013 04:44 AM   
Try a" lower "version of driver , under 300, from here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us like 295 WHQL, 296 WHQL... Some GTS 250 won't support 3xx Drivers. Sorry for my bad english.
Try a" lower "version of driver , under 300, from here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

like 295 WHQL, 296 WHQL...

Some GTS 250 won't support 3xx Drivers.

Sorry for my bad english.

Posted 02/08/2013 05:59 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top