Must reboot to see HDMI connection New user problem with GeForce 210
I just received and installed a Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 210 1GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video card. I have the HDMI output connected to a receiver and the VGA output connected to my PC monitor. I'm using the latest drivers 6.14.12.7080 dated 5/14/2011 on Windows XP. It works fine except for one annoying thing as follows:

When I turn on my PC in the morning and the receiver is off, it comes up configured as if there is no HDMI connection and if there is no nVidia HD audio driver so it automatically uses the RealTek audio driver on the motherboard and of course the VGA monitor. Later in the day when I want to watch some PC-based video thru my receiver to my home theatre projector, I turn on the receiver and projector but there is no effect at the PC. I have to reboot the PC then it comes up configured correctly, ie showing both connections and the HD audio driver and everything works fine. But a necessary reboot is just WRONG! Is there any kind of a workaround to this? Thanx in advance.
I just received and installed a Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 210 1GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video card. I have the HDMI output connected to a receiver and the VGA output connected to my PC monitor. I'm using the latest drivers 6.14.12.7080 dated 5/14/2011 on Windows XP. It works fine except for one annoying thing as follows:

When I turn on my PC in the morning and the receiver is off, it comes up configured as if there is no HDMI connection and if there is no nVidia HD audio driver so it automatically uses the RealTek audio driver on the motherboard and of course the VGA monitor. Later in the day when I want to watch some PC-based video thru my receiver to my home theatre projector, I turn on the receiver and projector but there is no effect at the PC. I have to reboot the PC then it comes up configured correctly, ie showing both connections and the HD audio driver and everything works fine. But a necessary reboot is just WRONG! Is there any kind of a workaround to this? Thanx in advance.

Posted 04/15/2012 05:40 PM   
I have a Geforce 480 with a Sony sound bar that uses a receiver with HDMI inputs to my TV. I have been dealing with the same exact issue for months, started late last year with no idea why or how to fix it. I just tried wipe of my hard drive with a clean install of Windows and am still stuck.
I have a Geforce 480 with a Sony sound bar that uses a receiver with HDMI inputs to my TV. I have been dealing with the same exact issue for months, started late last year with no idea why or how to fix it. I just tried wipe of my hard drive with a clean install of Windows and am still stuck.

Posted 04/27/2012 03:26 AM   
Scroll To Top