Battlefield 3: Artifacts GTX 560 non Ti & Sli Artifacts due to high temperature? graphic card p
Hi everyone,

I have got a new computer:

i7 2700K 3,5GHz
Gigabyte Z68DA-D3H-B3
8GB RAM DDR3
HDD 1Tb
SSD OCZ 60GB
PSU 700W
Asus GTX 560 x2 (drivers v. 285)

First of all, apologies if I commit gramatical mistakes. English isn´t my mother tonque /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.

I´ve been trying one single graphic card with Battlefield 3 and it works fine with High-ultra settings (1920x1080). However, after a couple hours artifacts start appearing. Temperature oscilates between 64-74ºC or 147-165ºF.
With Shogun total war II (not so demanding I know) the gpu worked fine for the whole time. There weren´t artifacts and the temperature was similar.

When SLI is enabled in BF3, it works well with ultra settings but temperature rises much more, so I haven´t played with it for too long.

I wonder whether the artifacts appear due to a 'long' period of time with high temperature, lack of psu, or if it´s for some other reason. The website says the GTX 560 can handle max 99ºC.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Venatore
Hi everyone,

I have got a new computer:

i7 2700K 3,5GHz

Gigabyte Z68DA-D3H-B3

8GB RAM DDR3

HDD 1Tb

SSD OCZ 60GB

PSU 700W

Asus GTX 560 x2 (drivers v. 285)

First of all, apologies if I commit gramatical mistakes. English isn´t my mother tonque /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.

I´ve been trying one single graphic card with Battlefield 3 and it works fine with High-ultra settings (1920x1080). However, after a couple hours artifacts start appearing. Temperature oscilates between 64-74ºC or 147-165ºF.

With Shogun total war II (not so demanding I know) the gpu worked fine for the whole time. There weren´t artifacts and the temperature was similar.

When SLI is enabled in BF3, it works well with ultra settings but temperature rises much more, so I haven´t played with it for too long.

I wonder whether the artifacts appear due to a 'long' period of time with high temperature, lack of psu, or if it´s for some other reason. The website says the GTX 560 can handle max 99ºC.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Venatore

Posted 04/15/2012 05:19 PM   
There are ongoing problems with the 560ti and BF3 i believe, which has caused alot of angry gamers ad artifacts; have you tried lowering settings? of not give that a try.
There are ongoing problems with the 560ti and BF3 i believe, which has caused alot of angry gamers ad artifacts; have you tried lowering settings? of not give that a try.

Practice good sportsmanship, you were a noob once to!

SPEC's

i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz cooled by a Corsair H60

8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

Asus RoG Maximus V Extreme

850w OCZ 80+ Gold

3gb Asus hd7950 + 3gb Sapphire Vapor-X HD7950

Win7 professional 64 bit

1TB Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD

120GB OCZ SSD

Posted 04/23/2012 11:05 AM   
Scroll To Top