MW3 Ambient Occlusion
Hi,

This is my first post so im sorry if it's not in the right forum.

Basically i was looking for an answer to a question which i hope someone here might be able to help with.

I'd assume ppl here know that in MW3 a glitch/bug has been plaguing the competitive scene due to Ambient Occlusion. What happens is when you have Ambient Occlusion enabled in the Nvidia CP but off on the in game setting it makes smoke somewhat see through. You can see the shadow outlines of objects and other players through the smoke which kinda makes smoke useless and it's a hard thing to police for the league admins ect.

So a guy i know had a good idea for the leagues we play in. To find a way to disable the Ambient Occlusion setting in the Nvidia CP via a registry key maybe ? At least until the bug is fixed.

My self and several others have been searching for a way to do this but with out any success. So now i have come here to find the answer.

So can anyone help :D

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Basically i was looking for an answer to a question which i hope someone here might be able to help with.

I'd assume ppl here know that in MW3 a glitch/bug has been plaguing the competitive scene due to Ambient Occlusion. What happens is when you have Ambient Occlusion enabled in the Nvidia CP but off on the in game setting it makes smoke somewhat see through. You can see the shadow outlines of objects and other players through the smoke which kinda makes smoke useless and it's a hard thing to police for the league admins ect.

So a guy i know had a good idea for the leagues we play in. To find a way to disable the Ambient Occlusion setting in the Nvidia CP via a registry key maybe ? At least until the bug is fixed.

My self and several others have been searching for a way to do this but with out any success. So now i have come here to find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 04/15/2012 09:03 AM   
[quote name='FooKaa' date='15 April 2012 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1334480583' post='1396581']
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

CoD4 had the same problem when NVidia released Ambient Occlusion originally and it screwed with league play for weeks before it was fixed... by punkbuster.

Don't count on a NVidia fix for this, as it's very unlikely to come. More than likely it'll be fixed by the makers of MW3 themselves, or Punkbuster working in conjunction with them.

I personally found the bug hilarious, made playing in pubs funny from people whining about smoke hax. Ah CoD4, those were the days... before they put out 2 more of the same game X_X lol
[quote name='FooKaa' date='15 April 2012 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1334480583' post='1396581']

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

CoD4 had the same problem when NVidia released Ambient Occlusion originally and it screwed with league play for weeks before it was fixed... by punkbuster.

Don't count on a NVidia fix for this, as it's very unlikely to come. More than likely it'll be fixed by the makers of MW3 themselves, or Punkbuster working in conjunction with them.

I personally found the bug hilarious, made playing in pubs funny from people whining about smoke hax. Ah CoD4, those were the days... before they put out 2 more of the same game X_X lol

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 04/15/2012 09:50 AM   
[quote name='Honey Badger' date='15 April 2012 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1334483430' post='1396594']

[/quote]

Well MW3 is a steam game so use VAC and the way the developers act these days i doubt they will fix it either so the games just screwed then....

Thats kinda why i hoped someone might know of a way to disable the setting via a registry key .... There are anti cheat tools that leagues use that can mess around with your registry keys before you start a match so looks like if that is possible that's the only solution ...
[quote name='Honey Badger' date='15 April 2012 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1334483430' post='1396594']

Well MW3 is a steam game so use VAC and the way the developers act these days i doubt they will fix it either so the games just screwed then....

Thats kinda why i hoped someone might know of a way to disable the setting via a registry key .... There are anti cheat tools that leagues use that can mess around with your registry keys before you start a match so looks like if that is possible that's the only solution ...

Posted 04/15/2012 06:55 PM   
Scroll To Top