how to activate accessory display
Hi forums,

I was trying to hook up my 4th display with the new 300 series beta driver. I have two gtx 580s 3gb in sli running surround on three 1080p monitors with a 1080p tv hooked up through an Onkyo receiver as my accessory display. The tv uses my displayport through an hdmi adapter included with my Evga card.

When I go to the Nvidia control panel and 'set up multiple displays' it shows my 3 monitors in sli (all checked) and my forth tv display appears on the list (the Onkyo receiver actually - not my Sony tv) , however it can not be selected or 'checked'.

I was very excited to see this option in the release notes for the new drivers when I found them today as I was feeling this was the one drawback to surround - I lost use of my tv for movies etc. that I had in 'activate all displays' mode.
Hi forums,

I was trying to hook up my 4th display with the new 300 series beta driver. I have two gtx 580s 3gb in sli running surround on three 1080p monitors with a 1080p tv hooked up through an Onkyo receiver as my accessory display. The tv uses my displayport through an hdmi adapter included with my Evga card.

When I go to the Nvidia control panel and 'set up multiple displays' it shows my 3 monitors in sli (all checked) and my forth tv display appears on the list (the Onkyo receiver actually - not my Sony tv) , however it can not be selected or 'checked'.

I was very excited to see this option in the release notes for the new drivers when I found them today as I was feeling this was the one drawback to surround - I lost use of my tv for movies etc. that I had in 'activate all displays' mode.

Posted 04/15/2012 08:02 AM   
Bump!
Sorry, still haven't figured it out and Google hasn't been friendly.
If you don't know, but have seen a website or forum explaining how to properly set up an accessory monitor with the 300 series driver beta - please include a link.
I'm using 2x gtx580's 3gb in sli, does this feature only work on the new gtx600 cards?
Bump!

Sorry, still haven't figured it out and Google hasn't been friendly.

If you don't know, but have seen a website or forum explaining how to properly set up an accessory monitor with the 300 series driver beta - please include a link.

I'm using 2x gtx580's 3gb in sli, does this feature only work on the new gtx600 cards?

Posted 04/19/2012 12:35 AM   
can anyone point me to someplace explaining how to do this?
can anyone point me to someplace explaining how to do this?

Posted 04/21/2012 02:48 AM   
I am looking for the answer to this as well. I have been waiting for this feature since 3D Vision came out!

EDIT: Just figured it out. It was on their specifications page. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-requirements.html its under the connector recommendations tab

You need a 3rd card to do it. Hope this helps. And I hope you have a card and some extra power
I am looking for the answer to this as well. I have been waiting for this feature since 3D Vision came out!

EDIT: Just figured it out. It was on their specifications page. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-requirements.html its under the connector recommendations tab

You need a 3rd card to do it. Hope this helps. And I hope you have a card and some extra power

Posted 04/27/2012 02:25 AM   
Thanks for pointing me to this page.
I still have my ol' 8800gtx kicking around and my psu is 1200w so I should be able to figure this out.
I guess the drawback is, if I'd choose to play games on my television I'd be only driving them with the 8800.
Kinda like Team Fortress 2, get a little give a little for this bonus.

*I just noticed.. I wouldn't need to remove my TV from my current 2 card setup, as I have 3 hdmi in's on my tv. I could still have the benifits of gaming on it with sli or using the 8800 as an accessory while in surround. Hope this works!
Thanks for pointing me to this page.

I still have my ol' 8800gtx kicking around and my psu is 1200w so I should be able to figure this out.

I guess the drawback is, if I'd choose to play games on my television I'd be only driving them with the 8800.

Kinda like Team Fortress 2, get a little give a little for this bonus.

*I just noticed.. I wouldn't need to remove my TV from my current 2 card setup, as I have 3 hdmi in's on my tv. I could still have the benifits of gaming on it with sli or using the 8800 as an accessory while in surround. Hope this works!

Posted 04/28/2012 01:28 PM   
Scroll To Top