Can you use two Quadro 4000's in one machine
I've searched here and the web for about an hour and can't seem to find a definitive answer to this question. Can you use two Quadro 4000's in one machine (PC)? There are a few posts here with really bad subject wording and maybe the answer is buried in one of those but I can't seem to find a good answer.

Is it possible and if so, what's the performance boost that can be expected in Max 2012. Specifically, I have heavy scenes that sometimes lag severely when I rotate. I'm already using one Quadro 4000 and wonder if an additional one would help that.
I've searched here and the web for about an hour and can't seem to find a definitive answer to this question. Can you use two Quadro 4000's in one machine (PC)? There are a few posts here with really bad subject wording and maybe the answer is buried in one of those but I can't seem to find a good answer.

Is it possible and if so, what's the performance boost that can be expected in Max 2012. Specifically, I have heavy scenes that sometimes lag severely when I rotate. I'm already using one Quadro 4000 and wonder if an additional one would help that.

Windows 7 Professional x64 - Asus P9X79 Pro - Intel i7-3960 Extreme - 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 - Corsair H80 Chiller - Nvidia Quadro 4000 - 3D Studio (preMax) thru Max 2012 Design

Posted 04/15/2012 06:13 AM   
Yes, you can get another Quadro 4000 and run SLI.

You will need a motherboard that support SLI and a capable power supply.

It will also pay to check if using SLI actually increases performance in the application you are using though, because it may have no effect at all.
Yes, you can get another Quadro 4000 and run SLI.

You will need a motherboard that support SLI and a capable power supply.

It will also pay to check if using SLI actually increases performance in the application you are using though, because it may have no effect at all.
Scroll To Top