[Problem] 296.10 WHQL Black or offline screens during the reboot normally.
Hello, I'm using:

Acer Aspire 5739G
Intel core 2 duo processor T660
Nvidia Geforce GT 130M

A few days before I had came back home and noticed that my second monitor was not showing up, even though it was correctly connected. So I thought it must be because I didn't update my nvidia driver. It was stupid of me though, it proved no solution, but another issue that is to be dealt with. The "Start Windows 7 normally" Will not work, for whenever you try the screen remains black and the background noises still go on showing that I Logged on. The only thing now is for me to wait until a newer update for the nvidia driver to come out. Hopefully it fixes this bug issue for 130M's and all the other series with the same issue.

I tried downloading the beta nvidia driver update 301.24. I looked over the release notes, but it did not mention any fix for 130M's or any other below 200M's until it gets into the 7/8/9 series. That disappoints me a little bit...

I tried downloading older versions to hope that they can remove the problem, but... the problem still exists even though I removed 296.10 and clean installed the older version.

[b]Any ideas, thoughts, help, or solutions?? Post below.[/b]

============================================================== Edit's

I have already went to the acer website to download the recommended driver for my nvidia 130M, but it did [b]NOT[/b] fix the issue, for it stay the same.

New nvidia driver update fixed the issues even though it did not state the fix. Thanks anyways.
Hello, I'm using:

Acer Aspire 5739G

Intel core 2 duo processor T660

Nvidia Geforce GT 130M

A few days before I had came back home and noticed that my second monitor was not showing up, even though it was correctly connected. So I thought it must be because I didn't update my nvidia driver. It was stupid of me though, it proved no solution, but another issue that is to be dealt with. The "Start Windows 7 normally" Will not work, for whenever you try the screen remains black and the background noises still go on showing that I Logged on. The only thing now is for me to wait until a newer update for the nvidia driver to come out. Hopefully it fixes this bug issue for 130M's and all the other series with the same issue.

I tried downloading the beta nvidia driver update 301.24. I looked over the release notes, but it did not mention any fix for 130M's or any other below 200M's until it gets into the 7/8/9 series. That disappoints me a little bit...

I tried downloading older versions to hope that they can remove the problem, but... the problem still exists even though I removed 296.10 and clean installed the older version.

Any ideas, thoughts, help, or solutions?? Post below.

============================================================== Edit's

I have already went to the acer website to download the recommended driver for my nvidia 130M, but it did NOT fix the issue, for it stay the same.

New nvidia driver update fixed the issues even though it did not state the fix. Thanks anyways.

Posted 04/13/2012 11:45 PM   
I am at work now, and i can't try the 301.24 driver yet. Is it the one that solved your problem?

I have the [i]exact same laptop[/i], with 130M, and i am experiencing the exact same problem, after updating to 296.10.
My screen works only in safe mode, or only if i uninstall the 296.10 driver.
I think it has something to do with the driver "thinking" i have an additional screen plugged in in the hdmi port and it uses that as primary display.

Anyone know how to disable a second display with command line? So i can write up a batch file to run using my keyboard blindly (while the 296.10 driver is loaded and my laptop screen is black).

I am asking this because while in safe mode with the 296.10 driver installed, the nvidia driver does not load up so it won't detect the "ghostly" display anyway in order to disable it.

EDIT: 301.24 beta drivers fixed the problem.
I am at work now, and i can't try the 301.24 driver yet. Is it the one that solved your problem?

I have the exact same laptop, with 130M, and i am experiencing the exact same problem, after updating to 296.10.

My screen works only in safe mode, or only if i uninstall the 296.10 driver.

I think it has something to do with the driver "thinking" i have an additional screen plugged in in the hdmi port and it uses that as primary display.

Anyone know how to disable a second display with command line? So i can write up a batch file to run using my keyboard blindly (while the 296.10 driver is loaded and my laptop screen is black).

I am asking this because while in safe mode with the 296.10 driver installed, the nvidia driver does not load up so it won't detect the "ghostly" display anyway in order to disable it.

EDIT: 301.24 beta drivers fixed the problem.

Posted 04/24/2012 05:44 AM   
Scroll To Top