windows 7 and 9800gtx+ freezing any ideas?
using windows 7 64bit 9800gtx+ lmk what info you need! if you have windows 7 you know it automatically installs wddm drivers. my problem is that the wddm 1.1 drivers are from 14/05/2009 (185.93) and they have no nvidia control panel option? (i need to jack up my brightness for certain games/maps) the wddm1.1 im forced to use is crashing randomly and giving me the 'Nvidia kernel mode has stopped working and has been recovered' error.. also i cant even run openGL on counterstrike1.6 so im forced to play direct3d/software mode which is terrible. ive tried numerous drivers and they all do the same thing.. computer freezes, sound still going, mouse still going. if i click like 4-5 times it freezes completely or if i wait about a minute it freezes completely and im forced to restart. i even tried a full windows reformat/reinstall and the problems still here. is my video card about to die or is that not the problem? (worked fine on xp, and its not a overheating issue) sure i could just go back to xp but id rather not ;\
i tried fresh installing drivers after driversweeper, i tried uninstalling display driver from device manager -> uninstall nvidias with add/remove program -> delete nvidia folders, i tried dling the nvidia drivers ontop the wddm1.1, i tried dling them over windows update, i tried dling them from nvidia site, i even edited the installion policy so it wouldnt install wddm so i could try fresh nvidia driver install and it didnt work either >_< ive tried so many different things ive probably spent like a week in restarting/trying to fix/find a fix in the past month or 2. any help is appreciated!
using windows 7 64bit 9800gtx+ lmk what info you need! if you have windows 7 you know it automatically installs wddm drivers. my problem is that the wddm 1.1 drivers are from 14/05/2009 (185.93) and they have no nvidia control panel option? (i need to jack up my brightness for certain games/maps) the wddm1.1 im forced to use is crashing randomly and giving me the 'Nvidia kernel mode has stopped working and has been recovered' error.. also i cant even run openGL on counterstrike1.6 so im forced to play direct3d/software mode which is terrible. ive tried numerous drivers and they all do the same thing.. computer freezes, sound still going, mouse still going. if i click like 4-5 times it freezes completely or if i wait about a minute it freezes completely and im forced to restart. i even tried a full windows reformat/reinstall and the problems still here. is my video card about to die or is that not the problem? (worked fine on xp, and its not a overheating issue) sure i could just go back to xp but id rather not ;\

i tried fresh installing drivers after driversweeper, i tried uninstalling display driver from device manager -> uninstall nvidias with add/remove program -> delete nvidia folders, i tried dling the nvidia drivers ontop the wddm1.1, i tried dling them over windows update, i tried dling them from nvidia site, i even edited the installion policy so it wouldnt install wddm so i could try fresh nvidia driver install and it didnt work either >_< ive tried so many different things ive probably spent like a week in restarting/trying to fix/find a fix in the past month or 2. any help is appreciated!

Posted 04/13/2012 10:32 PM   
I am also having this exact same problem, I have seen a few people say to downgrade the driver to 185.85 but that didn't work for me. I tried everything you already stated, upgrading to Win7 SP1, upgrading so Win7 was up to date with all updates, Installed different drivers from Oct'11 to latest driver, nothing seems to work. I can run my computer if I f8 and go to Last Know Working Configuration, but it doesn't use the 9800gt. I need this for work and person use, and I really don't want to put money into a new card right now.

Anyone got any help?
I am also having this exact same problem, I have seen a few people say to downgrade the driver to 185.85 but that didn't work for me. I tried everything you already stated, upgrading to Win7 SP1, upgrading so Win7 was up to date with all updates, Installed different drivers from Oct'11 to latest driver, nothing seems to work. I can run my computer if I f8 and go to Last Know Working Configuration, but it doesn't use the 9800gt. I need this for work and person use, and I really don't want to put money into a new card right now.

Anyone got any help?

Posted 04/19/2012 03:02 PM   
Same set up and problem here, running....

Windows 7 64bit
Asus P5N-E
Intel 6600
Geforce 9800 GTX
to
ever since updating to the 296.1 drivers my system has been screwed, have tried rolling back the drivers to what I was previously using when it was working fine, no effect, its like there was something triggered in this update that my card did not support, that canot be rolled back by previous drivers that did not have this feature.

Best thing is a mate of mine had exact same set up except was using the Asus P5N-D board, exact same thing happened to him.,

Nvidia screwed everyone over with the 9800GTX when they released there update and are refusing to accept responsibility, this card apparently does not support DirectX 11 not sure how truth this is or if this has something to do with it cos MS auto updates has put DX11 on my computer, so what the heck that my next course of action since it seems I have no choice but to have DX11 and Nvidia are saying that my card dont support, so be it, can only assume this is the problem, so guess I will be looking into a new card that do, sure Nvidia has a whole range lined up they expect me to buy in order to resolve this, only thats not where I am going to be looking, have used Nvidia for years but thanks to this what I believe intestinal update designed to screw up my system and for me into buying a new card I will now be going over to Radeon and seeing what they have to offer
Same set up and problem here, running....

Windows 7 64bit

Asus P5N-E

Intel 6600

Geforce 9800 GTX

to

ever since updating to the 296.1 drivers my system has been screwed, have tried rolling back the drivers to what I was previously using when it was working fine, no effect, its like there was something triggered in this update that my card did not support, that canot be rolled back by previous drivers that did not have this feature.

Best thing is a mate of mine had exact same set up except was using the Asus P5N-D board, exact same thing happened to him.,

Nvidia screwed everyone over with the 9800GTX when they released there update and are refusing to accept responsibility, this card apparently does not support DirectX 11 not sure how truth this is or if this has something to do with it cos MS auto updates has put DX11 on my computer, so what the heck that my next course of action since it seems I have no choice but to have DX11 and Nvidia are saying that my card dont support, so be it, can only assume this is the problem, so guess I will be looking into a new card that do, sure Nvidia has a whole range lined up they expect me to buy in order to resolve this, only thats not where I am going to be looking, have used Nvidia for years but thanks to this what I believe intestinal update designed to screw up my system and for me into buying a new card I will now be going over to Radeon and seeing what they have to offer

Posted 04/20/2012 01:39 PM   
ah its nice to see some replys and knowin im not the only one.. so we dont know of a fix and were all lookin towards new cards? O_O might have to get ati.. i upgraded to win7 to see how my comp would run using all of its ram instead of xp 4gig limit.. now the videocard is a problem! i dont have money for a new card right now >:{

at first i thought maybe it was because sp1 wouldnt dl/install. fresh reformat and reinstall and sp1 installed. still wouldnt let me get away from wddm1.1

windows7 64bit
asus m4a79t deluxe
amd phenom ii x4 965 black edition
ah its nice to see some replys and knowin im not the only one.. so we dont know of a fix and were all lookin towards new cards? O_O might have to get ati.. i upgraded to win7 to see how my comp would run using all of its ram instead of xp 4gig limit.. now the videocard is a problem! i dont have money for a new card right now >:{

at first i thought maybe it was because sp1 wouldnt dl/install. fresh reformat and reinstall and sp1 installed. still wouldnt let me get away from wddm1.1

windows7 64bit

asus m4a79t deluxe

amd phenom ii x4 965 black edition

Posted 04/21/2012 11:00 PM   
could it possibly be a psu problem? not having enough power? ;x psu calculator said i was fine when i bought my parts but now the 1 on asus site says i barely have enough or dont have enough
could it possibly be a psu problem? not having enough power? ;x psu calculator said i was fine when i bought my parts but now the 1 on asus site says i barely have enough or dont have enough

Posted 04/30/2012 02:59 AM   
[quote name='anderson318' date='30 April 2012 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1335754788' post='1402476']
[/quote]

my PSU is 1000w nuf said it can easily run 2 of these cards in SLI never mind just the one.

Have brought new parts now anyway nothing nvidia in my new system have the Radeon HD 7870, same price as the GTX 560ti only out performs it in every respect, runs in line with the GTX580 only cost over £100 less, would advise anyone looking for new G card to replace the ones these nvidia drivers fried to do there research on this model and others in the 7000 series AMD / ATI cards, this is where the value for your money is right now.
[quote name='anderson318' date='30 April 2012 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1335754788' post='1402476']

my PSU is 1000w nuf said it can easily run 2 of these cards in SLI never mind just the one.

Have brought new parts now anyway nothing nvidia in my new system have the Radeon HD 7870, same price as the GTX 560ti only out performs it in every respect, runs in line with the GTX580 only cost over £100 less, would advise anyone looking for new G card to replace the ones these nvidia drivers fried to do there research on this model and others in the 7000 series AMD / ATI cards, this is where the value for your money is right now.

Posted 05/11/2012 07:12 PM   
lol a month later and no help.. guess theyre just going to avoid us and hope we buy another nvidia card.. i dont think so!
lol a month later and no help.. guess theyre just going to avoid us and hope we buy another nvidia card.. i dont think so!

Posted 05/16/2012 08:16 PM   
no buy nvidia card same problème with gt560 , ect its ugly

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=229362

Same problem no help , no solution nvidia what are you doing ?
no buy nvidia card same problème with gt560 , ect its ugly

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=229362

Same problem no help , no solution nvidia what are you doing ?

Posted 05/17/2012 10:37 AM   
Scroll To Top