Conflict between Quadro 4000 and Tesla m2050 Drivers already installed and up to date
I bought Tesla m2050 to speed up my 3ds max rendering time. Unfortunately, I couldn't install it probably, I tried so many times but I failed, and I lost my old hard drive because of this.

Sometimes Tesla shows in Device Manager as : 3d video Controller, but (with a little yellow triangle).. most of the time, I can't find it.

When I restart my system, Tesla disappear from device manager and I get problem with my sound system, it start to flicking every 5 or 6 seconds, I think because Tesla card drain the power supply energy even when it's not working.

How can I run Tesla with Quadro without HDD breaking ?
What should I install beside the Drivers ?
Do I have to connect it to my Quadro somehow ?

My system spec are :
Dual intel Xeon X5355 2.66GH
4 GB of RAM
Windows 7 x64
Quadro 4000
1000 WATT Power Supply
USB sound blaster x-fi
2 TB WD HDD

I really need you guys.
I bought Tesla m2050 to speed up my 3ds max rendering time. Unfortunately, I couldn't install it probably, I tried so many times but I failed, and I lost my old hard drive because of this.

Sometimes Tesla shows in Device Manager as : 3d video Controller, but (with a little yellow triangle).. most of the time, I can't find it.

When I restart my system, Tesla disappear from device manager and I get problem with my sound system, it start to flicking every 5 or 6 seconds, I think because Tesla card drain the power supply energy even when it's not working.

How can I run Tesla with Quadro without HDD breaking ?

What should I install beside the Drivers ?

Do I have to connect it to my Quadro somehow ?

My system spec are :

Dual intel Xeon X5355 2.66GH

4 GB of RAM

Windows 7 x64

Quadro 4000

1000 WATT Power Supply

USB sound blaster x-fi

2 TB WD HDD

I really need you guys.
Attachments

3dvideocontroller.png

Posted 04/13/2012 10:11 PM   
Several things sound to be going on here....

1) Start with the LEAST and work forward.
-- remove the Sound card.
-- remove the Quadro
-- Put in the Tesla.
-- Then see what you have.

2) Then add the Quadro.

3) Then Remove the Quadro
-- add the SOUNDCARD

what could be going on....IRQ conflict or PSU is just not supplying enough 12v as it may be a MultiRail 12v that has trapped power.
Several things sound to be going on here....

1) Start with the LEAST and work forward.

-- remove the Sound card.

-- remove the Quadro

-- Put in the Tesla.

2) Then add the Quadro.

3) Then Remove the Quadro

-- add the SOUNDCARD

what could be going on....IRQ conflict or PSU is just not supplying enough 12v as it may be a MultiRail 12v that has trapped power.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/14/2012 12:37 AM   
Actually I did most of your suggestions earlier, Greybear, with no luck at all.

But, I tried an old driver, and suddenly, Tesla is working probably, no yellow triangle and it's there above Quadro in Device Manager!!

So, while am still surprised, I made a quick rendering test in 3ds max, when I smell something burning, the screen was freezing too, so I turned off the computer, removed Tesla, and put it back in it's box as where it should be.

I don't need it. It wasn't made for me.

I prefer waiting 10 minutes per frame than burning my PSU or paying a fortune for the electricity bill.
Actually I did most of your suggestions earlier, Greybear, with no luck at all.

But, I tried an old driver, and suddenly, Tesla is working probably, no yellow triangle and it's there above Quadro in Device Manager!!

So, while am still surprised, I made a quick rendering test in 3ds max, when I smell something burning, the screen was freezing too, so I turned off the computer, removed Tesla, and put it back in it's box as where it should be.

I don't need it. It wasn't made for me.

I prefer waiting 10 minutes per frame than burning my PSU or paying a fortune for the electricity bill.

Posted 04/14/2012 03:57 AM   
As for drivers, I never suggest using the latest.

Glad you got it all working for a little bit, if that smell was your PSU, you might consider your next one being a single railed 12v type...as I am assuming yours is multirailed 12v.
As for drivers, I never suggest using the latest.

Glad you got it all working for a little bit, if that smell was your PSU, you might consider your next one being a single railed 12v type...as I am assuming yours is multirailed 12v.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/14/2012 04:29 AM   
The smell was from Tesla itself, I think because this was the first time it works, but the heat was unacceptable at any level, it needs an ice cooling system to stay cool.
After I unplugged it, I hold it for 3 minutes against the air condition in the room.. it works for 5 minutes only !!

For the PSU, It's safe for the time being, thank god.

Thanx Greybear,
The smell was from Tesla itself, I think because this was the first time it works, but the heat was unacceptable at any level, it needs an ice cooling system to stay cool.

After I unplugged it, I hold it for 3 minutes against the air condition in the room.. it works for 5 minutes only !!

For the PSU, It's safe for the time being, thank god.

Thanx Greybear,

Posted 04/14/2012 03:39 PM   
Scroll To Top