ATX Full Tower or Mid Tower? Building a gaming PC
Hello I plan to build a gaming pc, i was wondering what type of tower to get for a one of those GeForce GTX 460 SE and up. i am not sure how big they are or what will fit in a full or Mid tower
Hello I plan to build a gaming pc, i was wondering what type of tower to get for a one of those GeForce GTX 460 SE and up. i am not sure how big they are or what will fit in a full or Mid tower

Posted 04/13/2012 02:26 AM   
Full tower will make it more likely large video cards will fit and give you better airflow, and there will be more room to route cables. Coolermaster HAF-X is a great case and has front hot-plug drive bays which is nice. I have one and I like it. It comes with all the fans you will ever need.
Full tower will make it more likely large video cards will fit and give you better airflow, and there will be more room to route cables. Coolermaster HAF-X is a great case and has front hot-plug drive bays which is nice. I have one and I like it. It comes with all the fans you will ever need.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 04/13/2012 03:24 AM   
And Coolermaster CM690 II is also great (have two of these). Also has external HDD bay, and part of the HDD cage is removable for clear air-flow, and good cable managment.
Still plenty deep @ 528mm vs 563mm for the Haf 922
A more understated look than the Haf cases. It's pretty much which look you prefer. The Haf cases do have the mega 200mm fans, but my 690's stay in the 60's under heavy load with
occasional low 70's on 30+ deg days using three 120mm input a 120 and 140 exhaust fans.

[url="http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_1191&products_id=18942"]THIS[/url] - Enermax case could be a good mid-tower option for single gpu users (me).
It's very much like a more compact CM690, but with good side fan filters. It's still 505mm deep, but I'd have to see one in person before jumping in.
EDIT: Looking at it again, I wouldn't be surprised if Coolermaster take Enermax to court for doing such a close external copy /shifty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shifty:' /> .
And Coolermaster CM690 II is also great (have two of these). Also has external HDD bay, and part of the HDD cage is removable for clear air-flow, and good cable managment.

Still plenty deep @ 528mm vs 563mm for the Haf 922

A more understated look than the Haf cases. It's pretty much which look you prefer. The Haf cases do have the mega 200mm fans, but my 690's stay in the 60's under heavy load with

occasional low 70's on 30+ deg days using three 120mm input a 120 and 140 exhaust fans.

THIS - Enermax case could be a good mid-tower option for single gpu users (me).

It's very much like a more compact CM690, but with good side fan filters. It's still 505mm deep, but I'd have to see one in person before jumping in.

EDIT: Looking at it again, I wouldn't be surprised if Coolermaster take Enermax to court for doing such a close external copy /shifty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shifty:' /> .

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 04/13/2012 09:10 AM   
I have had both type and one thing I would say, full tower is great but once loaded, it does get heavy. I have a ATCS 840 and this thing weights a ton with all the stuff in. I owned a CM 690, great case, lots of space, good for cable management. Antec has great cases too. I had the HAF 932, good case but again, once loaded, it was a heavy computer.
I have had both type and one thing I would say, full tower is great but once loaded, it does get heavy. I have a ATCS 840 and this thing weights a ton with all the stuff in. I owned a CM 690, great case, lots of space, good for cable management. Antec has great cases too. I had the HAF 932, good case but again, once loaded, it was a heavy computer.

Posted 04/13/2012 06:06 PM   
I've got the CM storm enforcer which is a great case, better than the HAF-X imo; but the bit fenix shinobi is also a very good case.
I've got the CM storm enforcer which is a great case, better than the HAF-X imo; but the bit fenix shinobi is also a very good case.

Practice good sportsmanship, you were a noob once to!

SPEC's

i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz cooled by a Corsair H60

8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

Asus RoG Maximus V Extreme

850w OCZ 80+ Gold

3gb Asus hd7950 + 3gb Sapphire Vapor-X HD7950

Win7 professional 64 bit

1TB Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD

120GB OCZ SSD

Posted 04/17/2012 08:27 AM   
Scroll To Top