GeForce GTX 295 (grinding)
***EDIT**** Sorry i found out that I have a 240 not 295 after posting****

The GeForce GTS 240 vidcard fan in my unit is grinding consistently. I can't even have the computer on anymore with out it grinding. I know that means I need to replace it. I figured I should upgrade if I'm going to, or at least buy the equivalent (which is nigh on impossible)

I'm not really the most tech savvy person so any help would be appreciated.
I have an Alienware Aurora with the following

intel core i7 900@ 2.67 GHz
windows 7 op
8 gigs ram
64 bit system
dual monitors

Can anyone suggest what would be a good fix, replacement or upgrade that won't break the bank (so to speak?)Also this computer is used mainly for gaming. WoW SWTOR and such.
***EDIT**** Sorry i found out that I have a 240 not 295 after posting****

The GeForce GTS 240 vidcard fan in my unit is grinding consistently. I can't even have the computer on anymore with out it grinding. I know that means I need to replace it. I figured I should upgrade if I'm going to, or at least buy the equivalent (which is nigh on impossible)

I'm not really the most tech savvy person so any help would be appreciated.

I have an Alienware Aurora with the following

intel core i7 900@ 2.67 GHz

windows 7 op

8 gigs ram

64 bit system

dual monitors

Can anyone suggest what would be a good fix, replacement or upgrade that won't break the bank (so to speak?)Also this computer is used mainly for gaming. WoW SWTOR and such.

Posted 04/12/2012 09:28 PM   
never mind,

after hours of research about what we need for our system and the finances we have available to do this we're going with a

GeForce GT 520 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card

Its not the "best" available but it will do for what we need and the funds we have at this time. Our local best buy as it on sale for $60.
never mind,

after hours of research about what we need for our system and the finances we have available to do this we're going with a

GeForce GT 520 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card

Its not the "best" available but it will do for what we need and the funds we have at this time. Our local best buy as it on sale for $60.

Posted 04/13/2012 01:30 AM   
:) enjoy! what are you going to do with that other card ur getting rid of?
:) enjoy! what are you going to do with that other card ur getting rid of?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz // Asus M4n98TD EVO BIOS ver. 1101 // 16GB DDR3 (4x4GB) @ 1333mhz // 500GB+250GB+120GB hard drives // GTX 460 786MB // PC Power n Cooling MKII Silencer 950W power supply // Antec 300 case // 19" westinghouse 1440x900 + lcd 19" 1280x1024 // win7 home prem sp1 64bit
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. - Proverbs 4:7
http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/
http://www.sabbathtruth.com/

Posted 04/20/2012 02:35 AM   
Scroll To Top