FSX and 3D Vision 2 Lighting Issue
  1 / 2    
Hi,

There is already some kind of fix for lighting issues on fsx in 3D mode using the 3D Vision kit 2?

Thanks
Hi,

There is already some kind of fix for lighting issues on fsx in 3D mode using the 3D Vision kit 2?

Thanks

Posted 04/12/2012 02:14 PM   
Can you still run this in DX9 mode? If so the lighting issues are quite fixable (if you can handle them being removed) using Helix.

Confirm it works in DX9 mode and I will reinstall it tonight and remove the dodgy lighting effects for you! Or you could do it yourself - removing dodgy textures is really easy and pretty cool to do too.
Can you still run this in DX9 mode? If so the lighting issues are quite fixable (if you can handle them being removed) using Helix.

Confirm it works in DX9 mode and I will reinstall it tonight and remove the dodgy lighting effects for you! Or you could do it yourself - removing dodgy textures is really easy and pretty cool to do too.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

GameGrade 3D
Helix Mod - community fixes
Ramblings of a 3D Gamer (3D Reviews/Tweaks)
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 04/12/2012 02:30 PM   
Hi, and thanks for the reply.

Yes i'm using FSX in DX9 mode and with the 3D vision 2 glasses it's awesome, except the exterior lights and the runway lighting, but if i understand your fix is to remove the lighting textures?

I appreciate if you could tell me how to do this or if you do not mind doing it for me /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thanks
Hi, and thanks for the reply.

Yes i'm using FSX in DX9 mode and with the 3D vision 2 glasses it's awesome, except the exterior lights and the runway lighting, but if i understand your fix is to remove the lighting textures?

I appreciate if you could tell me how to do this or if you do not mind doing it for me /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thanks

Posted 04/12/2012 03:18 PM   
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=222386&view=findpost&p=1365862
For instructions. Looks complicated but its not. Probably takes 5-15 mins.

If it crashes on start up go here.
http://helixmod.wikispot.org/How_To_Install

If you get results contact me via pm and I will add it to the website(include shaderoverride/optional picture/ and a summary)
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=222386&view=findpost&p=1365862

For instructions. Looks complicated but its not. Probably takes 5-15 mins.

If it crashes on start up go here.

http://helixmod.wikispot.org/How_To_Install

If you get results contact me via pm and I will add it to the website(include shaderoverride/optional picture/ and a summary)

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/
Hi,

Thanks for the tips, but it seems to me a bit difficult to do, anyway i'll try it.

I do not understand one thing, the nvidia rating FSX as excellent with the 3D vision glasses system and these problems should not be already solved by nvidia? At night it is impossible to play FSX in 3D mode, because of night lighting.

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for the tips, but it seems to me a bit difficult to do, anyway i'll try it.

I do not understand one thing, the nvidia rating FSX as excellent with the 3D vision glasses system and these problems should not be already solved by nvidia? At night it is impossible to play FSX in 3D mode, because of night lighting.

Thanks

Posted 04/12/2012 05:01 PM   
Kids will be going to be in an hour, then I will have a look.

No need to talk to me about nVidia's ratings /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' /> There is even a thread about this a couple down from this one!

nVidia are great at making the hardware and bigging up 3D (brilliant in fact) but they have no idea what good 3D looks like.
Kids will be going to be in an hour, then I will have a look.

No need to talk to me about nVidia's ratings /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' /> There is even a thread about this a couple down from this one!

nVidia are great at making the hardware and bigging up 3D (brilliant in fact) but they have no idea what good 3D looks like.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 04/12/2012 05:41 PM   
I knew I sounded too over confident.

The shader responisble for the halo around the lights is tied in with another effect which seriously messes up the visuals.

I am really sorry. What a fail :(
I knew I sounded too over confident.

The shader responisble for the halo around the lights is tied in with another effect which seriously messes up the visuals.

I am really sorry. What a fail :(

-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 04/12/2012 07:24 PM   
Post it. Maybe someone can figure it out.
Also did you check both vertex and pixelshaders? Sometimes same effect is in both.
Post it. Maybe someone can figure it out.

Also did you check both vertex and pixelshaders? Sometimes same effect is in both.
Hi,

Thanks andysonofbob and eqzitara for your time and effort trying to solve this issue.

I'll continue the testing, but so far the best thing I got was, adjusting the depth to a maximum of 20% in control panel, because above this the lights are all out of the correct place and it is impossible to fly in FSX.

Maybe someone finds a better solution.

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks andysonofbob and eqzitara for your time and effort trying to solve this issue.

I'll continue the testing, but so far the best thing I got was, adjusting the depth to a maximum of 20% in control panel, because above this the lights are all out of the correct place and it is impossible to fly in FSX.

Maybe someone finds a better solution.

Thanks

Posted 04/13/2012 09:53 AM   
:(
FSX is OK during daytime and away from airports.

Don't flame me! Have you tried Flight? Really good in 3D. The Free 2 Play version has only limited content but I think there is DLC available. Not sure of scope though.

edit
Couple of screenies [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=226624&view=findpost&p=1392417"]here[/url]

Don't flame me! Have you tried Flight? Really good in 3D. The Free 2 Play version has only limited content but I think there is DLC available. Not sure of scope though.

edit

Couple of screenies here

-------------------

GameGrade 3D

Posted 04/13/2012 11:04 AM   
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='13 April 2012 - 06:04 AM' timestamp='1334315088' post='1395748']

Don't flame me! Have you tried Flight? Really good in 3D. The Free 2 Play version has only limited content but I think there is DLC available. Not sure of scope though.[/quote]

Slightly Off Topic:

I tried flight...it was alright, but it doesn't support head tracking. If you are a sim fan and don't know what I'm talking about, go here:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
Buy it and never look at sim gaming the same again. I'd rather play FSX with head tracking and 3D and deal with some out of place lights than any flight sim with no head tracking.
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='13 April 2012 - 06:04 AM' timestamp='1334315088' post='1395748']

Slightly Off Topic:

I tried flight...it was alright, but it doesn't support head tracking. If you are a sim fan and don't know what I'm talking about, go here:

Buy it and never look at sim gaming the same again. I'd rather play FSX with head tracking and 3D and deal with some out of place lights than any flight sim with no head tracking.

Intel i7-4770k
EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC
ASRock Z87 Extreme4
8GB DDR3, 240GB Intel SSD, 3TB HDD
Cooler Master Siedon 120M Liquid Cooling
Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" 2560x1600
Alienware OptX AW2310 23" 1920x1080 with 3D Vision
Acer H5360 720p Projector with 3D Vision
ONKYO HT-S5300 7.1 Sound System
Logitech G19 Keyboard, G9 Mouse, G25 Wheel
Saitek X52 Pro and Rudder Pedals

Posted 04/13/2012 12:30 PM   
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='13 April 2012 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1334315088' post='1395748']

[/quote]

Hi,

The Flight is a no go for me because it is very limited and I do not like the arcade style he has.

FSX is a simulator, and is much more immersive and this is what I want.

What is very bad is that nvidia does not have a word to say about it, because FSX doesn't run excellent with the 3D Vision kit, as they say on the website.

Thanks
[quote name='andysonofbob' date='13 April 2012 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1334315088' post='1395748']

Hi,

The Flight is a no go for me because it is very limited and I do not like the arcade style he has.

FSX is a simulator, and is much more immersive and this is what I want.

What is very bad is that nvidia does not have a word to say about it, because FSX doesn't run excellent with the 3D Vision kit, as they say on the website.

Thanks

Posted 04/13/2012 01:03 PM   
[quote name='FormulaRedline' date='13 April 2012 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1334320220' post='1395775']
Slightly Off Topic:

[/quote]

Hi,

yep i have TrackIR 5 and never fly without it /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[quote name='FormulaRedline' date='13 April 2012 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1334320220' post='1395775']

Slightly Off Topic:

Hi,

yep i have TrackIR 5 and never fly without it /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 04/13/2012 01:13 PM   
Hello,

I've been doing some research and it appears that Microsoft is the culprit. Apparently Microsoft made some major changes (Wikipedia - DirectX) from DIRECTX9 to DIRECTX10. Vanilla FSX lighting works correctly (as I've read on forums) but not with FSX SP2 and Acc, which installs DIRECTX10. My TOTAL WAR Napoleon works correctly while TOTAL WAR Shogun (later) does not. FSX is feeding DX10 in DX9 format and obviously the lighting effect format has changed.

Studying the FSDevelopers.com forums reveals that lighting effects are best handled by bitmaps and effects files. We would need to look into this further as the DXT bitmap requirements changed from DX9 to DX10, an answer may lay there. Lighting on some 3d models works okay. In particular the ORBX YMML V2 runway night lighting is near perfect in 3D. (Guess which airport I land at now.)

My question for NVIDIA would be; What is not being passed on by DX10, as opposed to DX9, that the 3D Vision driver cannot interpolate the correct 3D view?

FSX -> DX9/10/11 -> 3D VISION -> DISPLAY
Hello,

I've been doing some research and it appears that Microsoft is the culprit. Apparently Microsoft made some major changes (Wikipedia - DirectX) from DIRECTX9 to DIRECTX10. Vanilla FSX lighting works correctly (as I've read on forums) but not with FSX SP2 and Acc, which installs DIRECTX10. My TOTAL WAR Napoleon works correctly while TOTAL WAR Shogun (later) does not. FSX is feeding DX10 in DX9 format and obviously the lighting effect format has changed.

Studying the FSDevelopers.com forums reveals that lighting effects are best handled by bitmaps and effects files. We would need to look into this further as the DXT bitmap requirements changed from DX9 to DX10, an answer may lay there. Lighting on some 3d models works okay. In particular the ORBX YMML V2 runway night lighting is near perfect in 3D. (Guess which airport I land at now.)

My question for NVIDIA would be; What is not being passed on by DX10, as opposed to DX9, that the 3D Vision driver cannot interpolate the correct 3D view?

FSX -> DX9/10/11 -> 3D VISION -> DISPLAY

I7-920@3.9GHz GigaP6T-DELUXE-V2 6GB GigaGTX295 AsusVG278H 3DVision2 Win7-64bit

Posted 04/19/2012 01:46 PM   
It depends on how its coded. You code a 2D texture. It will always be 2d a texture.
It depends on how its coded. You code a 2D texture. It will always be 2d a texture.
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top