Major FPS loss in Joint Operations, DFX and DFX2
Still playing NOVALOGIC's Joint Operations, DFX and DFX2 on a Windows XP SP3 Partition with Driver Version 182.50 and works perfect.
But [b]any other driver after that[/b] causes extreme dropping in FPS (< 10) during explosions, rain, smoke and other "effects".

On a new PC with a GTX 570 and Windows 7 (64 bit) and newest drivers exactly the same. Drops from > 200 FPS to under 30 FPS. There is no way to put the 182.50 on this PC because the GTX 570 is not supported by that old driver.
So the question is: what has been removed or changed after the driver version 182.50 and is there any solution for this?

Any suggestion (except "turn all effects off") appreciated!

Cheers,
Cavebear

Specs:
I7
GTX 570
8 GB RAM
Still playing NOVALOGIC's Joint Operations, DFX and DFX2 on a Windows XP SP3 Partition with Driver Version 182.50 and works perfect.

But any other driver after that causes extreme dropping in FPS (< 10) during explosions, rain, smoke and other "effects".

On a new PC with a GTX 570 and Windows 7 (64 bit) and newest drivers exactly the same. Drops from > 200 FPS to under 30 FPS. There is no way to put the 182.50 on this PC because the GTX 570 is not supported by that old driver.

So the question is: what has been removed or changed after the driver version 182.50 and is there any solution for this?

Any suggestion (except "turn all effects off") appreciated!

Cheers,

Cavebear

Specs:

I7

GTX 570

8 GB RAM

Posted 04/12/2012 07:55 AM   
Today i tested almost all drivers up from 182.50 and [size="4"][b]NONE[/b][/size] of the newer drivers worked.
I'm not the guru in programming and i can't tell what has been changed since 182.50 but i found out that [b][size="4"]all the affected games use shader model 1.1![/size][/b] From other similar threads here in the forum i saw that there's more older games with the same problem. This can't be just by chance.

If somebody of the NVIDIA staff is reading this: Is it possible that the support for the 1.1 shaders has been removed/altered since 182.50?
Today i tested almost all drivers up from 182.50 and NONE of the newer drivers worked.

I'm not the guru in programming and i can't tell what has been changed since 182.50 but i found out that all the affected games use shader model 1.1! From other similar threads here in the forum i saw that there's more older games with the same problem. This can't be just by chance.

If somebody of the NVIDIA staff is reading this: Is it possible that the support for the 1.1 shaders has been removed/altered since 182.50?

Posted 04/13/2012 06:23 AM   
I feel ya. I saw your post on my Doom3 woes post.
I tried the 182.50 drivers - still same problem.
Do you have a recommendation of an older driver that I should use, or do you think the 182.50 should work well with Doom3?
I feel ya. I saw your post on my Doom3 woes post.

I tried the 182.50 drivers - still same problem.

Do you have a recommendation of an older driver that I should use, or do you think the 182.50 should work well with Doom3?

Posted 04/17/2012 01:35 AM   
I read your posting about the DOOM3 problem - no luck with older drivers, Too bad!

It should be a piece of cake for a NVIDIA guy to look at the change logs and what happened from 182.50 upwards. And maybe it would be a piece of cake also to put back what they removed.

But i think that modern features like 3D are more important than support for older games. Understandable from NVIDIA's point of view.
So we may never get a working up to date driver back for our "good old games"...
I read your posting about the DOOM3 problem - no luck with older drivers, Too bad!

It should be a piece of cake for a NVIDIA guy to look at the change logs and what happened from 182.50 upwards. And maybe it would be a piece of cake also to put back what they removed.

But i think that modern features like 3D are more important than support for older games. Understandable from NVIDIA's point of view.

So we may never get a working up to date driver back for our "good old games"...

Posted 04/19/2012 07:16 AM   
Scroll To Top