Clean Installation Of Nvidia Graphics Drivers
I've come and made an account to try help people who may be struggling on how to do it. I've read through the forums with guides but they don't cover everything that can be the problem. I spend the last few days combating my problem on installing it so I thought I'd share how.

#CLEAN PREVIOUS TRACES#

1. Uninstall any previous drivers through (Add Or Remove Programs).
2. Go to (My Computer > Local Disc > Program files) and delete the "NVIDIA Corporation" folder.
3. Go to (My Comptuer > Local Disc > WINDOWS), then press "CTRL+F" and search for "NV". Delete all the files that start with "NV" or look like they have relevence to Nvidia.
4. Download the latest Nvidia driver from the Nvidia website.
5. Go to (Start > Run > "services.msc"). This will bring up all the services running. Make sure all the services related to drivers are enabled.
6. Complete a registry scan (This will remove any keys that were related with Nvidia, and it could also boost your PC's performance).
Ccleaner (A free registry cleaner) - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

[u]#THE FOLLOWING STEPS WILL NOT ALLOW ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, SAVE THIS TEXT TO REFER TO.#[/u]

1. Reboot your computer using safemode by hitting F8 repetably.
2.Go to (My Computer > Local Disc > WINDOWS), then press "CTRL+F" and search for "NV". Delete all the files that start with "NV" or look like they have relevence to Nvidia.
(Yes it is the same as step 2 but sometimes the files reduplicate).

#DRIVER INSTALLATION#

3. Open the Nvidia Driver that you downloaded and let it extract the files and folders.
4. Accept the licence agreement.
5. Select "CUSTOM".
6. Install what you need but preferably just the graphics driver so there's less chance of error.
7. Make sure "Clean installation" is checked.
8. Let the installation begin!

Hope it helps anyone struggling. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
I've come and made an account to try help people who may be struggling on how to do it. I've read through the forums with guides but they don't cover everything that can be the problem. I spend the last few days combating my problem on installing it so I thought I'd share how.

#CLEAN PREVIOUS TRACES#

1. Uninstall any previous drivers through (Add Or Remove Programs).

2. Go to (My Computer > Local Disc > Program files) and delete the "NVIDIA Corporation" folder.

3. Go to (My Comptuer > Local Disc > WINDOWS), then press "CTRL+F" and search for "NV". Delete all the files that start with "NV" or look like they have relevence to Nvidia.

4. Download the latest Nvidia driver from the Nvidia website.

5. Go to (Start > Run > "services.msc"). This will bring up all the services running. Make sure all the services related to drivers are enabled.

6. Complete a registry scan (This will remove any keys that were related with Nvidia, and it could also boost your PC's performance).

Ccleaner (A free registry cleaner) - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

#THE FOLLOWING STEPS WILL NOT ALLOW ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, SAVE THIS TEXT TO REFER TO.#

1. Reboot your computer using safemode by hitting F8 repetably.

2.Go to (My Computer > Local Disc > WINDOWS), then press "CTRL+F" and search for "NV". Delete all the files that start with "NV" or look like they have relevence to Nvidia.

(Yes it is the same as step 2 but sometimes the files reduplicate).

#DRIVER INSTALLATION#

3. Open the Nvidia Driver that you downloaded and let it extract the files and folders.

4. Accept the licence agreement.

5. Select "CUSTOM".

6. Install what you need but preferably just the graphics driver so there's less chance of error.

7. Make sure "Clean installation" is checked.

8. Let the installation begin!

Hope it helps anyone struggling. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 04/10/2012 04:43 PM   
Scroll To Top