Surround with 1 additional display New drivers say you can do it, but I can't.
When I configure the displays for surround my options are:

Dedicate a GPU to PhysX (one GPU is dedicated to PhysX and can also be used for additional displays)
or
Use all GPUs for Surround (All used for Surround using SLI. You can have one additional display)

Unfortunately when I choose the 2nd option, no matter where I plug my 4th display in it tells me it will NOT be used.

I can get it to work if I choose the first option, but no way am I going to put a 580 to waste just for a 4th display.

Oh yeah, I'm running 3 EVGA 580s in Windows 7 64bit. 301.24 drivers.
When I configure the displays for surround my options are:

Dedicate a GPU to PhysX (one GPU is dedicated to PhysX and can also be used for additional displays)

or

Use all GPUs for Surround (All used for Surround using SLI. You can have one additional display)

Unfortunately when I choose the 2nd option, no matter where I plug my 4th display in it tells me it will NOT be used.

I can get it to work if I choose the first option, but no way am I going to put a 580 to waste just for a 4th display.

Oh yeah, I'm running 3 EVGA 580s in Windows 7 64bit. 301.24 drivers.

Posted 04/09/2012 10:52 PM   
This was unfortunately an incorrect statement made on our latest Beta driver release, I too was trying it last night for a few hours. /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

Sorry for the inconvenience
This was unfortunately an incorrect statement made on our latest Beta driver release, I too was trying it last night for a few hours. /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

Sorry for the inconvenience

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/10/2012 10:44 PM   
Good to know I wasn't doing something wrong :)

Do you know if this will be an option in a future release?
Good to know I wasn't doing something wrong :)

Do you know if this will be an option in a future release?

Posted 04/11/2012 12:03 AM   
Not sure at the moment if they do plan on adding this feature.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/11/2012 12:23 AM   
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='10 April 2012 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1334103806' post='1394573']
[/quote]

honestly, I think its bugged, why wouldn't they enable it? they are advertising it everywhere. these are beta for a reason I am guessing... if they take away the feature I will be quite disappointed.
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='10 April 2012 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1334103806' post='1394573']

honestly, I think its bugged, why wouldn't they enable it? they are advertising it everywhere. these are beta for a reason I am guessing... if they take away the feature I will be quite disappointed.

Posted 04/11/2012 12:34 PM   
Yea I tried setting my 3d projector in the living room as 4th display, but it's not compatible with surround,
so every time you want to activate all 4 displays they have to be in extended desktop mode, which kinda sucks because you have to go through dances with cymball every time you want to game in the living room.
Yea I tried setting my 3d projector in the living room as 4th display, but it's not compatible with surround,

so every time you want to activate all 4 displays they have to be in extended desktop mode, which kinda sucks because you have to go through dances with cymball every time you want to game in the living room.

CPU i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz
Motherboard Asrock Fatal1ty Z68
RAM 2 x 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 @ 2133MHz
GPU EVGA 480 + Zotac 480
Hard Drive 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max iops
Sound Card Realtek
Power Supply 1220W KingWin Mach 1
Case Coolermaster HAF - X
CPU cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight
GPU cooling Stock
OS Windows 7 x64 Professional
Monitor 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms