Ex-Intel Engineer Admits of Providing Design Documents to "Rival".?
[b]Former Intel Engineer Might Have Provided $1 Billion Worth Design Details to AMD[/b]
[b]
[/b]
[font=Arial][left][i]Biswamohan Pani, an ex-Intel employee, admitted to stealing “valuable computer chip manufacturing and design documents from his former employer,” according a U.S. Justice Department statement, reports [url="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-06/ex-intel-worker-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-design-documents-1-.html"]Bloomberg[/url] news-agency. Apparently, Mr. Pani "started downloading from Intel computers numerous secret documents about Intel’s manufacturing and design of computer chips" to advance his career with AMD.[/i][/left][/font]

[font=Arial][left][i]The engineer notified Intel of his intention to leave in late May, 2008, and noted June 11, 2008, as his last day at Intel. He started with AMD on June 2, 2008, which gave him access to Intel's data for nine days while being employed by its main rival.[/i][/left][/font]

[b]
[/b]
[b]story at [url="http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20120408155635_Ex_Intel_Engineer_Admits_of_Providing_Design_Documents_to_Rival.html"]XBITLABS[/url][/b]

[b][size="3"]wow[/size][/b]!!! explosive to say the least

wonder how this will affect AMD if they have stolen chip designs and used it in their own hardware
Former Intel Engineer Might Have Provided $1 Billion Worth Design Details to AMD

[font=Arial]
Biswamohan Pani, an ex-Intel employee, admitted to stealing “valuable computer chip manufacturing and design documents from his former employer,” according a U.S. Justice Department statement, reports Bloomberg news-agency. Apparently, Mr. Pani "started downloading from Intel computers numerous secret documents about Intel’s manufacturing and design of computer chips" to advance his career with AMD.
[/font]

[font=Arial]
The engineer notified Intel of his intention to leave in late May, 2008, and noted June 11, 2008, as his last day at Intel. He started with AMD on June 2, 2008, which gave him access to Intel's data for nine days while being employed by its main rival.
[/font]

story at XBITLABS

wow!!! explosive to say the least

wonder how this will affect AMD if they have stolen chip designs and used it in their own hardware

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 04/09/2012 05:54 AM   
In these days of IP wars, I find it hard to believe AMD could leverage anything information before it has intel's name legally stamped all over it.
In these days of IP wars, I find it hard to believe AMD could leverage anything information before it has intel's name legally stamped all over it.

8130p @ 5.1Ghz : GTX 570 x2 - cuda workstation

i5-2500k @ 4.4Ghz : GTX 570 - itx media pc

Posted 04/09/2012 11:51 AM   
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' date='08 April 2012 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1333950895' post='1393559']

[b][size="3"]wow[/size][/b]!!! explosive to say the least

[/quote]

Given AMD's last three "masterpieces" (Barcel-owna, Barcel-owna II, and the Beefdozer) i think if that guy showed up with the design of intel's upcoming processor they would try to build it out of wood and beer cans.
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' date='08 April 2012 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1333950895' post='1393559']

wow!!! explosive to say the least

Given AMD's last three "masterpieces" (Barcel-owna, Barcel-owna II, and the Beefdozer) i think if that guy showed up with the design of intel's upcoming processor they would try to build it out of wood and beer cans.

GTX680 SLI

Asus Rampage/intel 990X

3 X Acer GD235Hz

NVIDIA FOCUS GROUP

Not employed by NVIDIA, nor do my views represent NVIDIA's in any way.

Posted 04/09/2012 05:32 PM   
more details here
[url="http://www.techspot.com/news/48110-former-amd-intel-engineer-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-sensitive-documents.html"]http://www.techspot.com/news/48110-former-amd-intel-engineer-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-sensitive-documents.html[/url]

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 04/10/2012 06:45 PM   
Bout time AMD stole somethin' back... need I remind you Intel was accused of doing the same and worse to AMD after the 939-socket & FX-55/57/60 CRUSHED everything they had... then suddenly Intel pulled Core2 tech outta their butts a few months later... wonder where they got that from O_o lol
Bout time AMD stole somethin' back... need I remind you Intel was accused of doing the same and worse to AMD after the 939-socket & FX-55/57/60 CRUSHED everything they had... then suddenly Intel pulled Core2 tech outta their butts a few months later... wonder where they got that from O_o lol

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 04/11/2012 03:40 PM   
If you bothered to read the article, AMD didn't steal anything at all.

Amorphous

[quote name='Honey Badger' date='11 April 2012 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1334158832' post='1394862']
[/quote]

Amorphous

[quote name='Honey Badger' date='11 April 2012 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1334158832' post='1394862']

NVIDIA | Technical Marketing Manager
GeForce Forums - Special Counsel

Posted 04/11/2012 05:26 PM   
[quote name='Amorphous@NVIDIA' date='11 April 2012 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1334165164' post='1394906']

Amorphous
[/quote]

Reading is for facists lol j/k
[quote name='Amorphous@NVIDIA' date='11 April 2012 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1334165164' post='1394906']

Amorphous

Reading is for facists lol j/k

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 04/14/2012 06:05 AM   
[quote name='Amorphous@NVIDIA' date='11 April 2012 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1334165164' post='1394906']

Amorphous

[/quote]

yes you are right! no one is stealing anything!

they are just... trading some new ideas beetween each other /tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
[quote name='Amorphous@NVIDIA' date='11 April 2012 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1334165164' post='1394906']

Amorphous

yes you are right! no one is stealing anything!

they are just... trading some new ideas beetween each other /tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830 -Black- [6x120mm fans]
Display: 30" Apple HD Cinema LCD - 2560x1600 @ 60Hz
Cpu: Intel Quad Core Q9450 2.66GHz @ 3.5GHz - 1.362v [FSB:1750MHz @1.3V] |+| CPU_Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B + 2x NF-B9 fans (push-pull)
Mobo: Evga nForce 780i SLI [Bios: P10]
Vga: EVGA GeForce GTX760 SC ACX @ Core: 1,26GHz|Mem: 1,75GHz|Boost : ?? >> EVGA Precision X 4.2.1 - [331.82]
Ram: 8GB DDR2 OCZ Reaper @ 1050MHz
Speakers: 5.1 Logitech Z-5500 Digital 505W-RMS
Sound: Realtek HD Audio -Optical-
HDD1: 160GB Maxtor(OS)
HDD2: 1TB Samsung (DATA)
Input: Logitech Wave Keyboard & Logitech G7 Mouse @ 2000 DPI
Psu: SeaSonic M12 700W

Posted 04/14/2012 05:53 PM   
[quote]"The FBI was able to recover these documents quickly, before Pani could use them to Intel’s disadvantage, largely because Intel reported the theft quickly and assisted the investigation. AMD also cooperated with the investigation and there was no evidence its personnel asked Pani to take the data or knew he had it, " a statement by the U.S published by the news-agency reads.[/quote]

from the first link;

He might've taken the information, but it never got to AMD, apparently

....odd how he 'admits taking it to the rival' then though
"The FBI was able to recover these documents quickly, before Pani could use them to Intel’s disadvantage, largely because Intel reported the theft quickly and assisted the investigation. AMD also cooperated with the investigation and there was no evidence its personnel asked Pani to take the data or knew he had it, " a statement by the U.S published by the news-agency reads.

from the first link;

He might've taken the information, but it never got to AMD, apparently

....odd how he 'admits taking it to the rival' then though

Posted 04/15/2012 08:09 AM   
From what I hear Intel, especially outside of the US, treats their employees from the US kinda like prisoners (they live in a complex, aren't allowed to leave without guards, because the locals don't like them too much) or somethin' O_o forgot where I heard that but it was from a reliable source at the time.

So, not too surprised he wanted a little payback... or maybe he was just taking stuff he developed? *shrug*
From what I hear Intel, especially outside of the US, treats their employees from the US kinda like prisoners (they live in a complex, aren't allowed to leave without guards, because the locals don't like them too much) or somethin' O_o forgot where I heard that but it was from a reliable source at the time.

So, not too surprised he wanted a little payback... or maybe he was just taking stuff he developed? *shrug*

Posted 04/15/2012 09:23 AM   
[quote name='Honey Badger' date='15 April 2012 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1334481791' post='1396585']
[/quote]

O_o

Who have you been talking to these days?
[quote name='Honey Badger' date='15 April 2012 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1334481791' post='1396585']

O_o

Who have you been talking to these days?

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 04/15/2012 11:43 AM   
Scroll To Top