weird lag/input delay at 1080p in3d?!
  1 / 3    
hello, okay, so what i have been noticing is thatat 1080p there is alot of horrible input delay delay and lag when trying to play games, sometimes it seems like this is happening at this resolution even if 3d mode is disabled, which leads me to believe it's some kind of driver issue or something, i don't think it's to do with my hardware as my computer is super aesome and frame raters are high, except there's this weird mouse delay menus and stuff, plus in game there's this delay even with high frame rates and i think what's called screen tearing< umm, not sure...

soo what's going on?
hello, okay, so what i have been noticing is thatat 1080p there is alot of horrible input delay delay and lag when trying to play games, sometimes it seems like this is happening at this resolution even if 3d mode is disabled, which leads me to believe it's some kind of driver issue or something, i don't think it's to do with my hardware as my computer is super aesome and frame raters are high, except there's this weird mouse delay menus and stuff, plus in game there's this delay even with high frame rates and i think what's called screen tearing< umm, not sure...

soo what's going on?

Posted 04/09/2012 12:12 AM   
Could be a few different things, what display are you using?

46" Samsung ES7500 3DTV (checkerboard, high FOV, highly recommend!) - Metro 2033 3D screens - Mass Effect 1 3D scenery - Metro LL filter realism mod - Flugan's Deus Ex:HR Depth changers - Nvidia online tech support - Nvidia Support number: 1-800-797-6530 - Marissa Alexander has received a new trial :)
Post here for support for 3D in BF4, BF devs will see it

Posted 04/09/2012 12:18 AM   
[quote name='Libertine' date='09 April 2012 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1333930688' post='1393500']
[/quote]

50" LG PZ550T Plasma tv, now with the nvidia drivers disabled, for exmaple using crysis 2's innate 3d mode 1080p plays smooth, well actually 1842x1036 plays smooth no input delay or lag, but if i set it to 1080p with or without 3d even with nvidia drivers disabled, i get lag delay screen tearing even just in menus and stuff after booting games, namely crysis, crysis wars, bf3, crysis 2, with nvidi dirvers 3d enabled it seems worse, but idk, the issues really seems to be i cna't use 1080p, so what i noticed was not only this but 1080p does not fit fully onto my screen unkless i set my lg tv to just scan instrad iof 16:9, 1842x1036 a perfect fit at 16:9, so i use that, but then i can't play games or use nvidia 3d at 108opso i am not really sure what to do ,

edit: also, i've noticd even with just scan at 1080p there is still lag mouse dlay on menusmplsu games, so i don't thinkt aht is the issue, but idk,

edit: okay moved to nextpost, looks messy
[quote name='Libertine' date='09 April 2012 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1333930688' post='1393500']

50" LG PZ550T Plasma tv, now with the nvidia drivers disabled, for exmaple using crysis 2's innate 3d mode 1080p plays smooth, well actually 1842x1036 plays smooth no input delay or lag, but if i set it to 1080p with or without 3d even with nvidia drivers disabled, i get lag delay screen tearing even just in menus and stuff after booting games, namely crysis, crysis wars, bf3, crysis 2, with nvidi dirvers 3d enabled it seems worse, but idk, the issues really seems to be i cna't use 1080p, so what i noticed was not only this but 1080p does not fit fully onto my screen unkless i set my lg tv to just scan instrad iof 16:9, 1842x1036 a perfect fit at 16:9, so i use that, but then i can't play games or use nvidia 3d at 108opso i am not really sure what to do ,

edit: also, i've noticd even with just scan at 1080p there is still lag mouse dlay on menusmplsu games, so i don't thinkt aht is the issue, but idk,

edit: okay moved to nextpost, looks messy

Posted 04/09/2012 12:43 AM   
edit: hmmm... okay i ahev jsut tnocied something, it also hapopens at resolution 1680x1050, it seems like this reoslution also does not fit perfectly onto my screen, it over hangs o that something like fraps fps counter would be off screen, sooo itcould be something to do with this, thing is though, how do i fix it. just scan does not fix it, 16:9 is also my preferred aspect ratio, so why are these reolsutins not fitting and lagging up my games and menus?
edit: hmmm... okay i ahev jsut tnocied something, it also hapopens at resolution 1680x1050, it seems like this reoslution also does not fit perfectly onto my screen, it over hangs o that something like fraps fps counter would be off screen, sooo itcould be something to do with this, thing is though, how do i fix it. just scan does not fix it, 16:9 is also my preferred aspect ratio, so why are these reolsutins not fitting and lagging up my games and menus?

Posted 04/09/2012 12:56 AM   
I assume your using 3DTV Play? 3DTV Play only works at exactly 1920x1080 and 1280x720, thats it. Using 1080p on a 3DTV using 3DTV Play isn't really usable because the TV is actually only getting a 24hz signal instead of the normal 60hz signal. 720p uses a 60hz signal. You might have some other options with that TV like checkerboard or SBS, but i wouldn't know.

I doubt it will help, but if the screen doubles the 24hz signal and it looks/plays ok other than the input lag, or you just don't mind the flicker at 24hz, try setting your color depth to 16bit and turn off all extraneous video processing features like local dimming, noise reduction, sharpening, etc and put the TV in "game mode", if it has one.
I assume your using 3DTV Play? 3DTV Play only works at exactly 1920x1080 and 1280x720, thats it. Using 1080p on a 3DTV using 3DTV Play isn't really usable because the TV is actually only getting a 24hz signal instead of the normal 60hz signal. 720p uses a 60hz signal. You might have some other options with that TV like checkerboard or SBS, but i wouldn't know.

I doubt it will help, but if the screen doubles the 24hz signal and it looks/plays ok other than the input lag, or you just don't mind the flicker at 24hz, try setting your color depth to 16bit and turn off all extraneous video processing features like local dimming, noise reduction, sharpening, etc and put the TV in "game mode", if it has one.

46" Samsung ES7500 3DTV (checkerboard, high FOV, highly recommend!) - Metro 2033 3D screens - Mass Effect 1 3D scenery - Metro LL filter realism mod - Flugan's Deus Ex:HR Depth changers - Nvidia online tech support - Nvidia Support number: 1-800-797-6530 - Marissa Alexander has received a new trial :)
Post here for support for 3D in BF4, BF devs will see it

Posted 04/09/2012 05:19 AM   
the issue i'm having does not seem to be directly related to 3d play, it's um seemingly to do with the resolution 1680x1050 and 1920x1080 which don't fit on y screen perfectly, so at these resolution there us a really bad mouse lag delay, like an echo of mouse movement it takes a few or maybe a few dozen milliseconds for the mouse to catch up, this is even with 3d disabled

firstly i would really like to know why the resolutions 192x1080 and 1680x1050 don't fit on my screen at 16:9 when every other resolution does, i would also like to know what could possibly be causing the mouse delay, have any ideas?
the issue i'm having does not seem to be directly related to 3d play, it's um seemingly to do with the resolution 1680x1050 and 1920x1080 which don't fit on y screen perfectly, so at these resolution there us a really bad mouse lag delay, like an echo of mouse movement it takes a few or maybe a few dozen milliseconds for the mouse to catch up, this is even with 3d disabled

firstly i would really like to know why the resolutions 192x1080 and 1680x1050 don't fit on my screen at 16:9 when every other resolution does, i would also like to know what could possibly be causing the mouse delay, have any ideas?

Posted 04/09/2012 07:32 AM   
@Mpyra1: i dont know the connection setup you have.
Try using hdmi <-> hdmi connection and in the name label of the TV input, put "PC" on it.

Try using hdmi <-> hdmi connection and in the name label of the TV input, put "PC" on it.
Posted 04/09/2012 12:37 PM   
[quote name='DHR' date='09 April 2012 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1333975058' post='1393647']
[/quote]

hello there, okay, i am using agtx 580, with dvi going to hdmi converter going to hdmi cable going to tv's hdmi port, the sound works fine with the dvi-hdmi setup, er, my tv is a lg 50" pz550t plasma hdtv 1080p television, that's all i cna think of to tell you, i have just done the edid mod, so now i am using a emulator to simulate having a nvidia ir transmitter, using my tv's emitter plus glasses.

right, so what i have now noticed is going on is that i am now after edid mod plus 3d vision drivers install, i am not getting mouse lag at 1080p in 2d anymore, however i am getting really bad lag in 3d, still though it's funny that i was getting lag before at 1680x1050 and 1080p the only two resolutions that didn't fit on my screen at 16:9

now i am just getting really terrible mouse delay, input delay on checkerboard at 30 fs what fraps shows but i think that must be 60 fps

annoyingly if i don't disable 3d vision, it's like vsync is on all the time, with 3d mode enabled i'm getting 30 fps shown in fraps all the time, with 3d off i'm getting 60fps, however as annoyingly slow as that is i cna just disable 3d to play in 2d so no worries

so it seems that the main issue now is that the mouse lag dleay has moved over to checkerboard

i also can't get bf3 to work in 3d, crysis wars and crysis 2 are the two games i've tried so far and they work execpt for mouse delay with 3d enabled in checkerboard mode
[quote name='DHR' date='09 April 2012 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1333975058' post='1393647']

hello there, okay, i am using agtx 580, with dvi going to hdmi converter going to hdmi cable going to tv's hdmi port, the sound works fine with the dvi-hdmi setup, er, my tv is a lg 50" pz550t plasma hdtv 1080p television, that's all i cna think of to tell you, i have just done the edid mod, so now i am using a emulator to simulate having a nvidia ir transmitter, using my tv's emitter plus glasses.

right, so what i have now noticed is going on is that i am now after edid mod plus 3d vision drivers install, i am not getting mouse lag at 1080p in 2d anymore, however i am getting really bad lag in 3d, still though it's funny that i was getting lag before at 1680x1050 and 1080p the only two resolutions that didn't fit on my screen at 16:9

now i am just getting really terrible mouse delay, input delay on checkerboard at 30 fs what fraps shows but i think that must be 60 fps

annoyingly if i don't disable 3d vision, it's like vsync is on all the time, with 3d mode enabled i'm getting 30 fps shown in fraps all the time, with 3d off i'm getting 60fps, however as annoyingly slow as that is i cna just disable 3d to play in 2d so no worries

so it seems that the main issue now is that the mouse lag dleay has moved over to checkerboard

i also can't get bf3 to work in 3d, crysis wars and crysis 2 are the two games i've tried so far and they work execpt for mouse delay with 3d enabled in checkerboard mode

Posted 04/09/2012 01:46 PM   
Have you select "PC" name to the hdmi input label on the TV?? .....try this first.

and second, try to put "GAME" mode, in the AV Mode option.

With the normal EDID (not modified) you have the same issues??
Have you select "PC" name to the hdmi input label on the TV?? .....try this first.

Posted 04/09/2012 01:59 PM   
[quote name='DHR' date='09 April 2012 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1333979949' post='1393679']

[/quote]

with unmodified edid, all games had mouse lag even with 3d mode disabled, plus nvidia driver disabled stereoscopic, resolution 1842x1036 was fine, no mouse lag, but 1080p and i guess 1680x1050 also lagged, now the issues with 3d are more complicate by 2d is absolutely-fine, i made a post in roller mods 1.4 checkerboard thread about the issues i'm havingwith 3d aside from the input lag and delay

i'm really trying hard to think of a solution of this,

is it my tv, drivers, do i need to reinstall...

is it my edid possibly?

could it be a combination?

mmm.. i couldget a new tv , s samsung 51 550d, i really want this lg to work though,

av mode game just alters picture, plus okay i just found the input label option, see what it does
[quote name='DHR' date='09 April 2012 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1333979949' post='1393679']

with unmodified edid, all games had mouse lag even with 3d mode disabled, plus nvidia driver disabled stereoscopic, resolution 1842x1036 was fine, no mouse lag, but 1080p and i guess 1680x1050 also lagged, now the issues with 3d are more complicate by 2d is absolutely-fine, i made a post in roller mods 1.4 checkerboard thread about the issues i'm havingwith 3d aside from the input lag and delay

i'm really trying hard to think of a solution of this,

is it my tv, drivers, do i need to reinstall...

is it my edid possibly?

could it be a combination?

mmm.. i couldget a new tv , s samsung 51 550d, i really want this lg to work though,

av mode game just alters picture, plus okay i just found the input label option, see what it does

Posted 04/09/2012 02:28 PM   
Its your tv doing allsorts of post-processing to smooth out the picture. DHRs' suggestion of naming the input labels usually makes the tv turn all that guff off and make it much more like a monitor.

*EDIT* reading the manual for what appears to be your tv, on p38 it mentions something about a 'PC mode' [i][b]HOWEVER[/b][/i] it says this will [i]NOT[/i] work with a dvi to hdmi connection that you currently have setup. You might need a mini hdmi to normal hdmi cable to make it recognize your pc and switch modes appropriately.

*EDIT2* it gets better :)

[b]Edit Name
Edit Name lets you associate a device name to an input
source. To access Edit Name, press the TOOLS button In
Source. The following selections appear under Edit Name:[/b]

â– 
VCR / DVD / Cable STB / Satellite STB / PVR STB /
AV Receiver / Game / Camcorder / PC / DVI PC / DVI
Devices / TV / IPTV / Blu-ray / HD DVD / DMA: Name
the device connected to the input jacks to make your
input source selection easier.

✎ If you have connected a PC to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI)
port with an HDMI cable, select PC under Edit Name
to enter a device name.

port with an HDMI to DVI cable, select DVI PC under
Edit Name to enter a device name.

✎ If you connected an AV device to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI)
port with an HDMI to DVI cable, select DVI Devices
under Edit Name to enter a device name

That was only in the Quick Guide btw :P
Its your tv doing allsorts of post-processing to smooth out the picture. DHRs' suggestion of naming the input labels usually makes the tv turn all that guff off and make it much more like a monitor.

*EDIT* reading the manual for what appears to be your tv, on p38 it mentions something about a 'PC mode' HOWEVER it says this will NOT work with a dvi to hdmi connection that you currently have setup. You might need a mini hdmi to normal hdmi cable to make it recognize your pc and switch modes appropriately.

*EDIT2* it gets better :)

Edit Name

Edit Name lets you associate a device name to an input

source. To access Edit Name, press the TOOLS button In

Source. The following selections appear under Edit Name:

â– 

VCR / DVD / Cable STB / Satellite STB / PVR STB /

AV Receiver / Game / Camcorder / PC / DVI PC / DVI

Devices / TV / IPTV / Blu-ray / HD DVD / DMA: Name

the device connected to the input jacks to make your

input source selection easier.

port with an HDMI cable, select PC under Edit Name

to enter a device name.

port with an HDMI to DVI cable, select DVI PC under

Edit Name to enter a device name.

✎ If you connected an AV device to the HDMI IN 1 (DVI)

port with an HDMI to DVI cable, select DVI Devices

under Edit Name to enter a device name

That was only in the Quick Guide btw :P

Posted 04/09/2012 02:37 PM   
[quote name='lumpeh' date='09 April 2012 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1333982236' post='1393696']

*EDIT* reading the manual for what appears to be your tv, on p38 it mentions something about a 'PC mode' [i][b]HOWEVER[/b][/i] it says this will [i]NOT[/i] work with a dvi to hdmi connection that you currently have setup. You might need a mini hdmi to normal hdmi cable to make it recognize your pc and switch modes appropriately.
[/quote]

okay, yup have just tried it, but sadly no dice,

oh wait, huh? really? , um, well i busted up my mini hdmi port lol, thing is i am getting sound and have beengetting 3d, well i may aswell try a fresh windows install, if that doesn't help then i'll have to think about rmaing my card lol
[quote name='lumpeh' date='09 April 2012 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1333982236' post='1393696']

*EDIT* reading the manual for what appears to be your tv, on p38 it mentions something about a 'PC mode' HOWEVER it says this will NOT work with a dvi to hdmi connection that you currently have setup. You might need a mini hdmi to normal hdmi cable to make it recognize your pc and switch modes appropriately.

okay, yup have just tried it, but sadly no dice,

oh wait, huh? really? , um, well i busted up my mini hdmi port lol, thing is i am getting sound and have beengetting 3d, well i may aswell try a fresh windows install, if that doesn't help then i'll have to think about rmaing my card lol

Posted 04/09/2012 02:57 PM   
to be fair that 'pc mode' might actually be related to VGA input. It definitely was on my old 2d samsung tv now i think about it.
to be fair that 'pc mode' might actually be related to VGA input. It definitely was on my old 2d samsung tv now i think about it.

Posted 04/09/2012 02:59 PM   
With a HDMI 1.4 cable (hdmi <-> hdmi) you will be able to transmit Video 2D/3D + Audio with no problem.

Try hdmi to hdmi setup, before install windows again.
With a HDMI 1.4 cable (hdmi <-> hdmi) you will be able to transmit Video 2D/3D + Audio with no problem.

Posted 04/09/2012 03:14 PM   
[quote name='DHR' date='09 April 2012 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1333984473' post='1393715']

[/quote]

mmm... okay, how do i do this? i've tried, but i can't find the options...
[quote name='DHR' date='09 April 2012 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1333984473' post='1393715']

mmm... okay, how do i do this? i've tried, but i can't find the options...

Posted 04/09/2012 04:21 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top