Does anyone foresee any more active 120hz monitors?
Nvidia was pushing 3D big time at one point. Right now it looks like all of the current 3D monitors are slowly drying up.

Will there be another generation of monitors coming out or has Nvidia abandoned Active 3D monitors and now moving to progressive 3D or some other tech?

I'm just interested in it for 2d 120hz. Looking forward to fluid motion.
Nvidia was pushing 3D big time at one point. Right now it looks like all of the current 3D monitors are slowly drying up.

Will there be another generation of monitors coming out or has Nvidia abandoned Active 3D monitors and now moving to progressive 3D or some other tech?

I'm just interested in it for 2d 120hz. Looking forward to fluid motion.

Posted 04/08/2012 11:59 AM   
Personally, probably not for awhile, if anything that's starting to become the standard for televisions, but as for computer monitors no. Smooth gameplay ultimately comes from the gpu for me. It doesn't matter if your monitor has the smooth motion like tvs do. I have a 240hz tv and I tried it out with my pc, I can barely see a difference while gaming.
Personally, probably not for awhile, if anything that's starting to become the standard for televisions, but as for computer monitors no. Smooth gameplay ultimately comes from the gpu for me. It doesn't matter if your monitor has the smooth motion like tvs do. I have a 240hz tv and I tried it out with my pc, I can barely see a difference while gaming.

Posted 04/11/2012 03:40 PM   
120/240hz Televisions are not monitors. A 120hz monitor will take the 120hz signal and use it, a 120hz TV will up convert the 60hz signal and give input lag.

I have personally tried the ASUS VG278H and the difference between a 60hz monitor is amazing.

Unfortunately 99.9% of people seemed to have forgotten about how smooth a CRT was for gaming and marking the "smooth" feeling is worlds harder than "high res", "true colors" and so on.
120/240hz Televisions are not monitors. A 120hz monitor will take the 120hz signal and use it, a 120hz TV will up convert the 60hz signal and give input lag.

I have personally tried the ASUS VG278H and the difference between a 60hz monitor is amazing.

Unfortunately 99.9% of people seemed to have forgotten about how smooth a CRT was for gaming and marking the "smooth" feeling is worlds harder than "high res", "true colors" and so on.

Posted 04/12/2012 12:54 AM   
Scroll To Top