Secret Windows account
I've installed the latest NVidia drivers since 275.33
But when i got to 285.62; I noticed that when the screen saver activates and i have to relogin,
It runs the logging-off.wav which is my TTS saying "I'm logging off".

In my users directory theres two hidden user accounts "UpdatusUser" that don't show up under User-Account-Control
Is this an NVidia thing or a MicroSoft thing ??

Or do i got some Virus ??
I've installed the latest NVidia drivers since 275.33

But when i got to 285.62; I noticed that when the screen saver activates and i have to relogin,

It runs the logging-off.wav which is my TTS saying "I'm logging off".

In my users directory theres two hidden user accounts "UpdatusUser" that don't show up under User-Account-Control

Is this an NVidia thing or a MicroSoft thing ??

Or do i got some Virus ??

Posted 04/07/2012 02:39 AM   
That's a legit user account created when you install the update module that's included with Nvidia's driver package. If you don't install the update module, this account won't exist on your machine. Nothing to worry about.
That's a legit user account created when you install the update module that's included with Nvidia's driver package. If you don't install the update module, this account won't exist on your machine. Nothing to worry about.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 04/07/2012 11:44 AM   
Scroll To Top